Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winners and Roughies Spring 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:36pm
Sorry Guys I'm operating on 3 to 5 hours sleep at the moment and crash early afternoon.  Only just remembered this hadn't been posted.

Marble 40
Second Chance 39
Vincent 38
Horlicks 35
Sister Dot 34
Stayer 34
SkyDancer 33
Brave_Ponies 29
Carioca 29
Dizzy 28
Saintly96 28
Voyager 28
Shawy38 27
Maccamax 26
Dr E 20
Furious 16
Xavier 10
Kingy 5
Crooked-Gambler 3
Smoke and Mirrors 3
Tiger 3
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:41pm
Thanks Furious, you're a star considering.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:28pm
Yes, thanks furious, agree with SC totally.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:52am
thanks very much furious, i'm happy to help out for the Autumn comp if we have one
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:01am
Great work furious (and Dizzy too)
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:36am
Dizzy is a marvel.   My comp is relatively easy but my time management skills kat the moment are a bit overwhelmed. Most weekends we also are having family visit my husband so that ties me up also
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:38am
There's no doubt a few of us are going through tough times.

This little comp and its community brings me joy each week (even when I do badly!)

So thank you everyone, especially furious and Dizzy
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:27am
Many thanks from me too, much enjoyed and appreciated 🙏👏👏
Sending very best wishes for some good news soon for Furious 🍀🍀🍀
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:59am
My sentiments too Sister Dot, great little comp that's much appreciated.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 3:50pm
I would also like to add my thanks, and best wishes for both furious and Dizzy. Both of them put a lot of effort into this competition which we all love.

Darley Sprint Classic

W: Santa Ana Lane
R: The Bostonian

Mackinnon Stakes

W: Hartnell
R: Aristia

Good luck everyone with all sections, and congrats to marble who looks like he has both comps won.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Good luck everyone with all sections, and congrats to marble who looks like he has both comps won.

Watch out Marble, I'll be doing a Frankie in an attempt to crowd you over the inside fence.  Big smile  Shocked
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:53pm
Darley Sprint Classic:
R: Loving Gaby

Mackinnon Stakes:
W: Melody Belle
R: Night's Watch

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:03pm
If marble is smart, SC all they have to do is wait until you post your winners and just put the same two horses.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:15pm
After which I make a change...and then Marble makes a change...

But no, was just joking mate.  This is a marvelous, good hearted comp and skullduggery won't come into it.Particularly as Marble is straight as a dye, and I'm only a tiny bit bent.  Tongue
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm
R: Rock Magic

R: Debt Agent
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:24pm
Forgot my Oaks tip for much the same reasons as furious but would have been Miami Bound to win and some big roughie, FWIW.
Santa and Melody for me both ways.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

After which I make a change...and then Marble makes a change...

But no, was just joking mate.  This is a marvelous, good hearted comp and skullduggery won't come into it.Particularly as Marble is straight as a dye, and I'm only a tiny bit bent.  Tongue

nothing like a straight tombowler SC! 

W: Santa ana Lane
R: Alizee

W : Melody Belle
R: Magic Wand

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:10am
OK I'm doing bad here but I'll tell you my Melbourne Cup day story also.  I decided on three.  One picked with a pin!  But as my luck is totally out thought why not.  Thought alot of the field was very even so with a pin I picked Prince of Arran.  Then I decided I wouldn't take Vow and Declare as I thought I'd try Youngstar with her better price.  Last I picked Il Paradiso as I thought at the price he was pretty good.  So off I went to bet.  I managed to place the bets of Il Paradiso and Youngstar but put the wrong number for Prince of Arran and too tired to pick it up. 

So you could say my luck went all over the place as Il Paradiso could of won with a clear run.  But with the protest at least got third.  And I did make a small profit due to his good price.  But totally missed the pick up on the Prince.

And to be truthful I was cheering home Vow and Declare anyway!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:29am
One last throw at the stumps
Good luck all

Sprint:
W & R Nature Strip

Mackinnon
W Melody Belle
R Aristia
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:41am
Darley
R: Nature Strip

Mackinnon
R: HARTNELL 💙

Have everyone has a winning and happy last day!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:02am
Darley
R: In Her Time

Mackinnon
W: Cape of Good Hope
R: Aristia
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:13am
W&R Santa Ana Lane
W Melody Belle R Suzuka Devious
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:52am
W&R Nature Strip
W&R Hartnell 🧢💙🔵
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
W Santa Ana Lane
R Nature Strip

W Melody Belle
R Hartnell

Will be cheering for the old boy to bow out a winner
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:56am
Darley
W. Santa Ana Lane.
R. The Bostonian.

Mac.
W. Melody Belle.
R. Fifty Stars.
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 11:40am
Darley

R: Loving Gaby

MacKinnon

R: Hartnell
honi soit qui mal y pense
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
Darley
W Santa Ana Lane
R Nature Strip

McKinnon
W Magic Wand
R Fifty Stars
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Can I swap out Magic Wand for Aristia please
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 12:59pm
Darley

W: Loving Gaby
R: Santa Ana Lane

McKinnon

R: Kings Will Dream
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
Well Second Chance piped Marble at the post in my comp but probably not caught in other.  Special mention to both SkyDancer and Shawy38 who both had a winner and placegetter.

Second Chance 43
Marble 42
Vincent 40
SkyDancer 38
Horlicks 37
Stayer 36
Sister Dot 34
Brave_Ponies 31
Carioca 31
Shawy38 31
Dizzy 30
Saintly96 30