Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wimbledon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 2:51pm
De Minaur de man! Star
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 9:05am
Kyrgios now into third fav behind Rafa and Novak after Alcaraz was defeated overnight, Australia is a Kyrgios and De Minaur winning tonight away from a certain semi finalist as well, alongside Jason Kubler's surprise run, so all going well we could even end up with an all Australian semi-final as well!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:45am
If our NickHeart makes it to the final and he's playing the evil DjokerEvil Smile who are you rooting for?Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 10:45am
I should say, our fully vaxxed Nick.LOL

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

If our NickHeart makes it to the final and he's playing the evil DjokerEvil Smile who are you rooting for?Tongue

That is a dilemma.

Can I just sleep through it...

Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 1:51pm

Novak. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:19pm
I've never been angry with tennis dropkicks - I get angry with the gutless umpires. They can bring a dropkick to heel quick smart if they use the powers given to them. If it doesn't bother them it doesn't bother me.

Kyrgios doesn't represent me. No thinking person in the world thinks less of Australians because of his antics. The tens of thousands of ugly Australian yobbo tourists abroad - they're the ones that give us a bad rep.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm
Speaking of the unvaxxed Serb, now that there are no restrictions on people entering the country will the Albo govt lift the 3 year ban on him entering the country?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 2:26pm
Djokovic can be beaten this year. They say he hasn't been the full Djoker since Australia. Not training as much as usual.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:24pm

I've never been angry with tennis dropkicks - I get angry with the gutless umpires. They can bring a dropkick to heel quick smart if they use the powers given to them. If it doesn't bother them it doesn't bother me.

Kyrgios doesn't represent me. No thinking person in the world thinks less of Australians because of his antics. The tens of thousands of ugly Australian yobbo tourists abroad - they're the ones that give us a bad rep.
Tlaz - don't read too much into this comment please. However, have you ever thought that he may in fact be improving your reputation ? LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:27pm

Djokovic can be beaten this year. They say he hasn't been the full Djoker since Australia. Not training as much as usual.
Just nice to see the best player in the world actually playing. The implications to letting him play out here are too horrific to contemplate ConfusedOuch
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:32pm
No US Open for him either
Time is a flat circle
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 5:41pm
People can say what they like about Kyrgios, love him or hate him, but when people like piece of sh*t Pat Cash and Jack*ss John McEnroe criticise his behaviour? Please LOL
Time is a flat circle
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 8:40am
Kyrgios through in a 5 set win, De Minaur out after dropping a 2 set lead.  Jason Kublers surprise run has come to an end in a 3 set thrashing.

I'm cheering for a Nadal win, but if not I'd be happy for Kyrgios to win, just for the boomer social media reactions.  LOL
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 8:57am
I just can't make myself cheer for the spitter - he's spectacularly unlikeable
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 10:06am
Christ its bad enough waking up to another horror day here in Sydney...........& now this.....the "grub" progressing........Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 10:08am
The Bum Fiddler vs The Spitter Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 10:12am
$2.88 for a Djokovic/Kyrgios final.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 10:44am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

As for this tournament, yes agree that it’s unlikely he’ll make the second week. With the withdrawals and Russians not be allowed to play it looks like an even bigger cakewalk for Djoker. 

Has gone further that I expected and has shown a little fight for once. Admittedly he has had a pretty good draw. The shoulder looked terrible last night so not sure how much further he will be able to progress. At his best he wins one more at least though. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The Bum Fiddler vs The Spitter Confused

LOLLOLLOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 11:59pm
So the local news says Novac was looking " down and out " then took a toilet break where he gave himself a " good talking to " in the mirror LOLLOL hmmm , anyone know if they swab tennis players as they get deeper into the tournament . Wink
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 12:14am
Nah, I was watching.
He changed tactics after the “toilet break”, rather than his physical performance improved.

The kid was blowing him off the court with his forehand, so he played away from it, and moved him around.
The kid also tightened up a bit.
I could see the writing on the wall, and turned it off
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:59am
Rafa Nadal has withdrawn due to injury, handing Nick Kyrgios a walkover into the final on Sunday.

Boomers heads nationwide are exploding upon hearing the news this morning LOL

Glad I had a small bet on Kyrgios yesterday at $6 when I read Nadal talking about withdrawing, it's doubtful that he'll get a better chance of winng a slam (at least while Nadal and Djokovic are still around) than this.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 8:08am
 I'm barracking for the joker...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:07am
Go Nicky. Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:42am
Doubt anyone would have predicted this. Yes he has had a pretty good grass court swing having deep runs on both the tournaments he played in the lead up but he has always managed to flop when it gets serious in the best of 5. Almost certain to be up against Djoker so will need to absolutely be on fire. But then Djoker has looked very vulnerable. Could be Kyrgios’s time. And wouldn’t that rub it in the nose of a few. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:19am
Our NickHeart has had a dream run to the final - a string of nobodies + Tsitsipas who can't play on grass. Now he gets to play evil antivax weirdo Djoke who isn't firing on all cylinders. The stars are aligning.Big smile It could happen.Thumbs Up

On the other hand, I won't be surprised if Djokovic wins in 3 and Kyrgios puts on the GOAT of tantrums.Big smile

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:22am
In 10 years time nobody remembers the circumstances, just that he is a grand slam Wimbledon finalist. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:49am
In 10 years time he will still be known as a pretentious grub. Being a Wimbledon finalist will be a distant second.

I always get amused by some on here. They get behind an absolute self entitled dressmaker like Kyrios - accused of domestic violence no less  - on top of not having a sportsmanship bone in his body - yet death ride a bloke like Folau because of his religious beliefs. Never heard anyone who Folau him one on one ever say he wasn't an absolute gentleman

Go figure - just typical lefty crap !!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:51am
He is yet to be charged with anything so that is irrelevant. 

Surprised you are accepting a woman's side.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>