Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:24pm
Vancity out to $26/$5 so have had another 1:3 wager.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 6:35pm
Jye not riding so a new jockey required.  Trying for Jamie so it'll be interesting to see if the filly shortens should we be successful.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Got elvis.( Excelleration) in Race8 Sandown bm 70 1600  tomorrow
Hoping for the best
5 scratchings in race. 
As one of the Racing scribes commented “major gear change” (J Kah) lol
Hope u do well Al
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:43pm
Ours ridden upside down which was annoying to say the least, but still a tad disappointing.  Unhappy

Excelleration ran great for Take2, showing plenty of ticker after leading to run 2nd beaten a short head.  Star
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:43pm
Yes al it is very frustrating watching something unfolding that only one person can control
Thx for th kind words about elvis m8 he is a very talented boy who is still learning the racing caper hence ears pricked the whole journey today listening to jamie
Absolutely rapt with his run ro go down by a n
Head bob on the line,and he did somethingnthat many have  tried came again when headed and just missed
His run today gives him another dimension for his bag of tools now we know can lead, race just off the pace ( bendigo .5l) or 
Settle back in the field and run on
Very very happy with richie and meaghan ( strapper) and the jocks who have ridden him billy johnny and jamie
Racin huh? Gotta luv it

change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:10pm
If. Maybe. Shoulda never (had his head up on the line a few strides before) Cry

Edited by Take2 - 04 Jun 2021 at 1:12pm

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:07pm
Well done CG, great winner.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Andrea Mantegna has had a couple of tick-over runs in Victoria for Andrew Bobbin, he has now made his way back to David Jolly in SA where he will head to Morphettville for a few races now. We are hoping to get him up to the Darwin Cup in August.

Mrs CG had her horse Scottish Dancer also kick off his prep with Andrew Bobbin at Ballarat this week. The jockey fell asleep at the wheel and it was a complete waste of time. Second up, firmer ground and perhaps a more competent rider and he will be hard to beat.

Nice win.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:34pm
Have a very small share in Barringer which goes around in Race 3 at Sale.  Well hopefully goes around, given the weather forecast.

There's a real hot pot engaged so ours is currently $17 and just $3.30 the place.  Which'll do me, for better or worse.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
Well all I can say is BOL on all counts as Froggy said earlier there was talk of a transfer to B/rat syntho & the forecast of wind, heavy rain & hail is horrendous Ouch
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:53pm
Barringer over-raced and didn't handle the ground, so given he was only about 3-4 lengths off the leader at the 200m mark thought he ran a lot better than his finishing place suggested.

Have Vinlago in the first at Sandown on Saturday.  Disappointing last start so needs to lift, but they put up $101 and $18 so just had to have a tiny piece of that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:57pm
When you get those odds you sort of know you're going to run 4th.  Ouch
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 2:34pm
Optimizzer returns to the track today R7 Mornington. Couple of smartish ones in the race so hope runs well fresh
Time is a flat circle
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
Good Luck TJM. Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
And GAJ has I'll Miss You at Ballina R3. BOL to both of you Big smile
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:07pm
Good Luck both of you
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Thanks Gay, We made the decision to retire her, it has been on the cards for a while and at her age !
She has not been her usual self lately and day dreaming at the broodies....
No excuses for her today, track was suitable and good gate, her usual jockey that knows her so well.
Her heart just wasn't in it.
She has been very good to us over the years as an honest country galloper and we love her to bits.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:05pm
Easy to tell the genuine horselovers from the pretenders Heart You know your horse GAJ, great & timely decision Clap

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:23pm
Well done GAJ  ClapHeart
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Thanks Gay, We made the decision to retire her, it has been on the cards for a while and at her age !
She has not been her usual self lately and day dreaming at the broodies....
No excuses for her today, track was suitable and good gate, her usual jockey that knows her so well.
Her heart just wasn't in it.
She has been very good to us over the years as an honest country galloper and we love her to bits.

ClapClap
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Optimizzer returns to the track today R7 Mornington. Couple of smartish ones in the race so hope runs well fresh

Quite acceptable resumption you'd have thought given his first up form TJ.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm
Top effort considering he was the widest runner around the turn & still making ground. He had to run out of steam after that.................& did.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:41pm
Yeah happy enough SC, Gay. Fitter for it and held ground well enough. Nice little ride on the winner from the young fella
Time is a flat circle
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Yeah happy enough SC, Gay. Fitter for it and held ground well enough. Nice little ride on the winner from the young fella
gotta be happy with that TJ

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:39pm
Feeling a little nervous but also excited. Would love to be on course at Bendigo this morning.
The first (and only) horse that I've bred is about to make his debut. A lovely late 3yo by Dandino out of our tough little mare Shiny Lass. 

Danny O'Brien has had two preps with Shine and Dandy, come back this prep a totally different horse, which is a common trait for the Dandino's.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Good luck!!!
Time is a flat circle
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:58pm
I am so proud of him. He is still a big baby, did well to be beaten 6.4L in 9th.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:36pm
You don't happen to have a small wager on all the Dandinos do you tillyras? Big smile

Coonamble R3 1st time blinkers

9. Dancin' Dude (1)

J: Jake Pracey-Holmes T: Karen Lunn

Dandino (GBR) x Rockin' Ransom (Red Ransom (USA))

W: 57kg

3yo(F)

800 400 MARGIN

SP S-TAB NSW UBET SB
BB

-
W 101.00 79.70 59.30 51.70 126.00
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 3:48pm
Red Ransom doing well as a broodmare sire as well. Star
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 9:05pm
Big smileWink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 261>