Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What is the world coming to ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the world coming to ?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:03am
MELBOURNE’S Immigration Museum could be renamed and have a new focus as part of a review of the Flinders St building’s operations.

Museums Victoria bosses confirmed a “process of reimagining’’ the museum had begun with changes likely.

Spokeswoman Anna Quinn said the Immigration Museum had celebrated Victoria’s multicultural communities for more than 20 years.

A new name has yet to be chosen but the Museum of Shared Humanity is believed to be one possible choice.

The Immigration Museum opened in 1998 in the restored Old Customs House

— built in 1835 by John Pascoe Fawkner — to celebrate our multicultural and migrant heritage.

Sponsored Links

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:05am
Rename it Centrelink
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:09am
What is in a name?

How many govt departments have the same name they had 20 or 50 or 100 years ago.

Dont fear change, embrace it when it is positive. Thumbs Up
If you dont test, you have no cases.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:23am
That proposed name is hardly positive. I went to a wedding their two months ago and on the invitation it stated it was at the Immigration Museum, if the invitation had said "Museum of Shared Humanity", I would have taken the invitation as a joke.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:32am
Stupid. You would have no idea what the museum is about. Museum of shared humanity could be about cooking or knitting. Immigration Museum tells you that it is a museum about, dur, immigration.
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:33am
Gives it a different positive vibe like when I was a kid, getting out at 5AM to do my paperboy round. Felt so much better about myself when they told me I was actually a ''media distribution officer''
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:03am
Come off it PT, I doubt too many kids doing paper rounds all those years ago would know who or what was a "media distribution officer ", a paper boy yes, but a MDO, no.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:05am
Those with little aspiration. LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:08am
changing the name doesn't faze me but the new name is a shocker LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 10:09am
BobI mentioned you in the Trump thread yesterday. Make sure your wife watches the next debate. Could be more Castro fireworks.Thumbs Up
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What is in a name?

How many govt departments have the same name they had 20 or 50 or 100 years ago.

Change is good except for when people get their noses rubbed in it. Effectively they are being told that they were wrong and some smart arse with nothing to do will correct their errors
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:13pm
Shrunky, for the term ''shared humanity'' to offend you, does that mean all humans are not equal in your view?

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What is in a name?

Don't fear change , embrace it says PT.

I'm sure Donald Trump & Scomo will be pleased to hear your change of heart .

At Last , majority rules..      .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:20pm
Regressing to the 1950's isn't positive maxie
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
I remember the Federal Department of Immigration before it was the Department of Home Affairs. Department of Shared Humanity would be ok as well.Thumbs Up
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 3:46pm
Communications Manager = receptionist

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic