Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 54>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 7:25pm

SAS Australia: Hell Week

No Logo
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Today
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 7:55pm
Succession is back. One of the best shows going
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

SAS Australia: Hell Week

No Logo
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Today

Watching this then Love  Island Australia. 
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

She is a star carioca. I will watch.
G'day mate , I'm a fan , feet up with a hot choccy . Smile
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:40am
I have always been a fan carioca(Greece aside) and became an even bigger fan when she came to Brisbane a few years ago to a G20 meeting and slipped her security detail and went down Caxton Street meeting and greeting the average punters having beers with them and taking selfies. I think that highlighted just who she is as a person.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:09pm
Had a bit of a chuckle last night , in her first meeting with Putin , he knew of her fear of dogs so before the interview in front of all his big black Labrador struts in , goes straight over to Angela , sniffs her boots , then her knee , Angela looks down then vacantly stares ahead ( Putins sick grin ) this is KGB intimidation style , Quote Angela " I knew what he was doing , I can read him like a book " Clap Quote " if I have to apologise to my people for my humanity , then this is not my country "  ( over refugee intake ) this imo is one hell of a women . StarStarStar
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 7:21pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
 Experimenter: The Stanley Milgram Story...on SBS movies.

The film is based on the true story of famed social psychologist Stanley Milgram, who in 1961 conducted a series of radical behavior experiments at Yale University that tested the willingness of ordinary humans to obey an authority figure.

Rather pertinent at this time of so much defiance against authority.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:22pm
 I've always believed in his six-degrees of separation theory...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:57pm
 Interesting movie. The controversy and complaints over his authority experiments weren't justified in my eyes. No-one was particularly traumatised, and perhaps some might have realised their limitations.

I am tempted to try some of his ideas...like persistently looking up, facing the rear of a lift, or singing on the bus...just to see the reactions.

I am an amateur sociologist. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:58pm
 and an occasional psycho...

Wacko
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 8:28pm
Nightcrawler , SBS world movie , although I had seen this movie awhile back was wondering if anyone watched tonight ? Jake Gyllenhaal very spooky imo but a good performance , his character left me cold ( which means " he got to me a bit LOL ) Warren Mitchell ( till death us do part ) has got me tonight , might make a few cringe Ouch can't please em all. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I have always been a fan carioca(Greece aside) and became an even bigger fan when she came to Brisbane a few years ago to a G20 meeting and slipped her security detail and went down Caxton Street meeting and greeting the average punters having beers with them and taking selfies. I think that highlighted just who she is as a person.

Did she sing 99 Red Balloons? lol.

Angela Merkel's poker face problem - Tracey Breaks the News - BBC One

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:48pm
I am off to watch Love Island before I get myself into trouble. 
reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 12:15am
Ride Like A Girl.
Gotta love Stevie.
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:18am
How many men/women/others has that bi indigenous women made out with so far?Shocked I don't watch the show but there are teaser ads I've seen and someone mentions needing a spreadsheet to keep track of them.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:01pm
 I like Hard Quiz, but some of the subjects are strange...tonight's are:

Bob Geldof, machine learning, the powerful owl, and The Matrix trilogy.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How many men/women/others has that bi indigenous women made out with so far?Shocked I don't watch the show but there are teaser ads I've seen and someone mentions needing a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

That spread sheet comment was about the number of woman Ryan has slept with. 

He has supposedly slept with over 500 woman. Lexy who he was partnered up with is shocked cause he has moved on in Casamore. Why would any woman trust him ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 8:18am
500 suggests a lot of unsatisfied customers who don't come back for seconds.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:17am
500 customers tells me he isnt very choosy as to where he places his appendage. 
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm
A walking talking health scare! 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

500 suggests a lot of unsatisfied customers who don't come back for seconds.Tongue

500 suggests an exaggerator...

Wink 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 10:23pm
Just watched the tribute show for Bert Newton.   Some funny stuff there.  So spontanous.  I bet its set the PC brigade into hand wringing gasping shock tho.  LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:54am
I watched a bit of Travel Guides last night. They were in Sri Lanka. All raved about how cheap everything was but were staying at $300 a night hotel rooms.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:06am
Good fun show, travel guides. That mob from Newcastle are a cack
Love the target boys as well??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:22am
I love Travel Guides.
The Newcastle fish and chip shop owners are a real laugh.  The son got married not that long ago but she doesnt want to take part in it.  Dunno why.  Missing out on some great holidays. 
The Tamworth cowgirl twins are funny too.   They seem to have lived a very sheltered life with their horses and dogs, but they are crack riders. 
The pair that crack me up the most are the posh pair.  ( Kevin and Janette is it ? )  OMG they are so,,,,??? whats the words I am looking for ???  Up themselves ?  She had 13 pairs of shoes packed in last nights episode. LOL 
Watch next weeks when they all go on a driving/camping holiday in WA. ( Its a re run ).  Poor old Kevin cant get the camper van annex set up and spits the dummy, and the Frens break it !
So much funnier and entertaining than The Block or Bachelorrette. 

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:24am
PS, Love Kevin,s hair job.LOL
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:42am
If you were a Sopranos fan, spare yourself and give The Many Saints of Newark a big miss.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:13am
Has anyone seen Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee? I like it.

There seem to be no rules over there re cars. No seat belts, rusted out, doesn't matter.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 2:55pm
Going to watch ( for a lesson in PC Big smile ) me old mate Chips Rafferty in Eureka Stockade , looking way down in the credits , Gordon Jackson , ( Upstairs Downstairs) Peter Finch ( A Town Like Alice and many more ) special friend of Shirley Bassy LOLLOL , served the odd drink or two to big Chips in the Journos Club , he really is what you see , and he' ll bloody tell ya , likeable bloke .Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 54>