Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
PS.  Turnbull and Rudd  ?  OMG  .Ermm  Boring.   Both boring men with boring politics.Cry
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I know a few on this forum will be watching Dancing With The Stars or Master Chef at 8pm on this coming Sunday night, but I will be watching on Sky a program on both Turnbull and Rudd and their failed leaderships of Australia's two major political parties.Wink

gelatie happensBig smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:30pm
 I'd rather watch horses eat grass than Dancing With The Stars or MasterChef...

TV is so boring, I watch shows that I can choose, on-line, until Thursday nights, when the footy comes on, then keep going with sport all weekend.

You can pick up some very funny old shows on-line...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:40pm
I will be watching episode 6 of Line of Duty.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:49pm
I am watching series one of Love Island UK for the 3rd time.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:50pm
Isn’t the footy on?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:54pm
I will be recording Mega Zoo then Michael Mosely & watching Crossing Lines S2 E2/3 online & very shortly Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Isn’t the footy on?

8pm. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
Someone recommended Crossing Lines to me Gay. I should check it out.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I will be recording Mega Zoo then Michael Mosely & watching Crossing Lines S2 E2/3 online & very shortly Big smile

Michael Mosley's programmes are brilliant.

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:09pm
 I watched Queen's Gambit, on Netflix. The chess action was more interesting than the background story. 

Outlander remains the best show Netflix ever showed...

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:16pm
The background story of Queen's Gambit was beautiful. 

I must admit when she was visiting the janitor I was thinking, like the cynical old flog I am, that something sinister was going on. Thankfully It was nothing of the sort and it was a wonderful story. 
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:18pm
JJ, I have Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders, The Tunnel, Vikings, Unforgotten & GOT ahead but agree it's very, very good Thumbs Up
Ooops, forgot The Night Manager & likely a few others LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 22 Apr 2021 at 9:19pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:27pm
Have watched the first few episodes of The Serpent. Great series based on the crimes of Charles Sobhraj. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
the new series of Line of Duty isn’t on Netflix is it?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm

JJ, I have Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders, The Tunnel, Vikings, Unforgotten & GOT ahead but agree it's very, very good Thumbs Up
Ooops, forgot The Night Manager & likely a few others LOL

Some of Netflix's series send me to sleep. Whatever the name of the Renee Zellweger series...I forget its name...it was only interesting to see if I'd guessed the twist right...after the second episode...

I might have to get into Line of Duty. One of my friends, in England, keeps posting "OMG...did you see that. My heart is racing..." I'll have to find out what she's talking about.

Confused  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:05am
If you watch Line Of Duty go back to the first series. While each series is a complete storyline, there are underlying plots pass through all 6 series, and in the current 6th series many come to the fore. 

With no announcement yet on a series 7 they could be winding up these plot lines. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:59am
Dont forget Landline/Bill The Bastard, on Sunday
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:25pm
 I never miss Landline...

Big smile
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:30pm
Times will be a bit different due to Anzac Day services.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:26am
 not sure I'm going to bother with Line of Duty after watching this summation of series 1-5. None of the characters jumped off the box to grab me by the curlies...or throat...Ermm

https://youtu.be/43qt3FrZh4s
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Have any of you horsey people watched The Rider? I've got it teed up ready to watch but that doesn't necessarily mean I will watch it. I had the first series of The Crown ready to go for a year but in the end I could never generate enough enthusiasm for the subject matter to bother watching.

Slow, brooding, dark, internal psychological battle & contradictory horse breaking scenes i.e. gentle & gaining trust followed by the total opposite with belting hell out of the horse once on it Confused
I did like that all shots only used a bosal halter, no bit, most unusual & there are some poignant scenes but overall, rather a struggle & I have 10mins left to watch.

Director wins Academy Award for Nomadland.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 1:56pm
I never did get around to watching The Rider.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 1:28pm

Paddington 2 dethrones Citizen Kane as best film of all time (according to Rotten Tomatoes)

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:42pm
Watched Nomadland for a second time. Really worth a watch. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:33pm
This looks very good Smile

Filmmaker Barry Jenkins on the brutal violence in Underground Railroad

A new streaming series features a scene of such extreme violence, its filmmaker had to grapple with whether it was ethical to even show it.

Underground Railroad premieres on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, May 14

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/streaming/filmmaker-barry-jenkins-on-the-brutal-violence-in-underground-railroad/news-story/22118c316ab462f247cd9bb09a841d1c
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:32am
Very much looking forward to that one Gay. Also the many times delayed BBC2 series The North Water.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:26am
I wonder how it compares to the brutal whitey violence in Them, also on Prime?

Simon Cameron

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:02am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Have watched the first few episodes of The Serpent. Great series based on the crimes of Charles Sobhraj. 

Finally got around to watching the last 5 episodes of this and yep, very very good. Grilling. Tense. Definitely recommend. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:06am
Watched a doco last night on the ABC - Lucy; The Human Chimp. Fascinating insight - although quite disturbing & upsetting. Just shows you shouldn't interfere with nature.
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 54>