Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
What about Bonanza , carioca ?
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:47pm
Lacks the character and clout that belongs to Rawhide AA imo , although I do watch at times I found the former far more enjoyable but mate that was a long time ago , I'll hold back for a long lost " refresh " LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:50pm
Gunsmoke was my favorite.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Gunsmoke was my favorite.
Yeah good show too , once again good mix of characters and good scripts imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:28am
Watched The Salisbury Poisonings last night, 4 parts on SBS On Demand.

The true story of the poisoning of the Russian spy/double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter 3 years ago in Salisbury England. Filmed from the perspective of the people affected by Panorama documentary makers from actual transcripts of interviews and real footage.

Well worth a look.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Watched The Salisbury Poisonings....
Well worth a look.

Did you get a look at the KGB agents?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:07pm
No, it was an overview of the events, with detailed stories related by victims and the detailed operations of emergency services. You never really saw Skripal or his daughter either, no dialogue and they only appeared in 2 episodes, one shown lying in hospital beds. 
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:13pm

Putin gave these boys a medal for their failures.

Imagine what they would of got had they actually succeeded!!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:18pm
Even though they failed, the message was conveyed to others considering defecting that you are not safe anywhere in the world.

Remarkably the current location of the Skripals in NZ under a new identity is not a well kept  secret.

Jun 8, 2020 — Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia have relocated to New Zealand two years after suffering a near-fatal poisoning ...
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I see Rawhide is back on Fox LOL gee many a year ago for me watching Rowdy ( Clint Eastwood ) do his thing , sargeants pies and cream soda , dem were the days .LOLLOL
OH discovered all the old Westerns on Foxtel the other day. Even F Troop!! Every time I hear the theme music it takes me straight back to childhood. My parents hated American shows , strictly ABC watchers, but for whatever reason loved F Troop. Don’t know why because it’s a very silly show!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:23pm
Nostalgia can get to most at times , the above mentioned show along with Waggon Train Paladin Gunsmoke some funny memories pop into my head , that's life. LOL
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm
For God's sakes Carioca, you will be taking us back to the silent movie era shortly !
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:40pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:45pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:55pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:02pm
Now that's entertainment , a classic , was on during the week I never get sick of watching it .Clap
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:53pm
Not every ones cup of tea but it is worth watching.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
I watched this little gem last night & was enthralled throughout. You'll be thanking me at the end Big smile
There are many families involved plus Possums, Tassie Devils & Wallabies which he films constantly for a year before the new owners move in.

Quoll Farm

8:48 pm - 9:44 pm | Today ABC 22

The true story of a family of charismatic quolls living on an abandoned farm in Tasmania and one man's extraordinary devotion to save them.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:08pm
I saw that !!  Was really good and gave an insite into quolls, which mostly, when you hear of them around here, somone is going off because all their chooks have been topped , and they blame quolls. 
I just hope the new owners cared for the resident animals the way he did.
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:38pm
I have heard so much of this Sky After Dark, so I watched Peta Credlin, Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones, most informative. Will probably watch tomorrow night.Clap
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:11pm
Chanced upon the Quoll Show. What a lovely experience, great cinematography, and the quolls were divine. Would really like to be able to help them somehow. We both really enjoyed it. Very well done, and the solution is to somehow get rid of the cats, like they did the foxes ?? 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:20pm
I'm so glad a few of us got to appreciate all his work & camera ingenuity, not forgetting the return of Clover who he'd thought dead Heart
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:03pm
Righto !  I'm set for the day lol , on Gem , The Lone Gun , followed by Rio Grande , luv them shoot em ups. Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:18pm
Great, I love those Sunday arvo cowboy movies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 6:49pm
Did anyone see the one on Ivan Milat the other night ?   Opinions ? As I missed it.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:32am
Never saw it AA

BUT

Season 8 of The Blacklist is now up on Netflix. Binge time????????
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:20am
Season 8 !

How many people does Spader have on his list ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:28pm
I know a few on this forum will be watching Dancing With The Stars or Master Chef at 8pm on this coming Sunday night, but I will be watching on Sky a program on both Turnbull and Rudd and their failed leaderships of Australia's two major political parties.Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:31pm
Well, since we are talking TV programs Big smile and I did post this in Tributes, Thumbs Up but for those that dont go there.Wink
Watch ABC Landline on Sunday.   Will be a nice tribute to Bill The Bastard, an Australian War Horse Hero.   Clap  A most amazing horse.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 54>