Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:24am
I was also under the impression that the Feds had decided to eradicate buffalo decades ago, worried about their ability to spread damaging diseases. Another failure. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 12:38pm
I have watched every episode and I enjoy it, along with Landline it's my kinda show , hard and dangerous yakka and not for bludgers , when your dealing with ferals that are wrecking billabongs and birdland swamps ya don't bet on the tote , get in and get it done ( the buffalo are from Bali and surrounding areas) , @ a $ 1-50 - $ 1- 80 kg.  live weight sometimes the margins are slim , accidents are always just around the corner. 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:34pm
The buffalo eradication program clearly encountered a fiasco, it was supposed to stop some exotic disease spreading through the cattle herd. Not much goes to plan in the NT.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 7:41pm
It was supposed to stop brucellosis ( spelling ? ) spreading.

animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm
SAS Australia is seriously good television. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:01pm
I was just channel surfing and came on a doco about the White Island disaster, and interviews with the young heli pilots who were first on the island just after the eruption.  One young man stayed behind on the island alone, while it still belched, while his co pilot flew a load of injured back to the mainland.   He located the dead and sat with the dying.  He found the body of the guide, Hayden, in a creek and got him out and propped against a rock , on the bank of the creek.   The pilot who took the injured back wanted to go back but the other guy had been lifted off by then, by the medivac choppers.  Overnight there was a massive thunderstorm, the creek  rose, and Hayden,s body got washed away.
These 2 young men were blaming themselves for not doing more.
Imagine living with those sights for the rest of your life.
It was rather harrowing to put it mildly. 

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 8:16pm
It isn't a happy scene, but not to be compared to the grim Christchurch massacre, all the worse because not an accident.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:31am
We watch the Netflix series Bridgerton over the last few days. For those who don’t know the show is controversial because it is set amongst the aristocracy of England in 1813 and has Queen Charlotte and many of the aristocrats played by black actors. They did this because they wanted to be “ racially neutral” . My thoughts on it were simply why? Why bother to set something in the Regency period if you’re not being true to that period ? Seems the worst sort of virtue signalling to me. By the way the show itself is pure soap opera and I wouldn’t recommend it but oddly we did watch it till the end!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:47am
Sounds nearly as silly as having a Russian submarine captain played by a chappy with a thick Scottish accent. Impossible to suspend disbelief.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:06am
Yes it’s just silly. If they’d had Queen Charlotte and the Dukes and Earls speaking with thick cockney accents or something I’d have hade the same reaction. Surely if Netflix want to be more racial diverse they’d be better doing a series on African history? There’s lots of good stories there .
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:12am
Or a show about Jesus which didn't depict him as a blond, blue eyed Caucasian but rather a swarthy, dark haired,  semite. I guess that wouldn't appeal to those who believe in such fantasies Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
Oh fee, "forgive them, they know not what they do"
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:23am
Yep Jesus of Nazareth should be portrayed as a Middle Eastern man and I think he mostly is these days .
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Sounds nearly as silly as having a Russian submarine captain played by a chappy with a thick Scottish accent. Impossible to suspend disbelief.

LOLLOL
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:31am
Blazing Saddles was on telly last night. I’m surprised they even show it nowadays LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

Or a show about Jesus which didn't depict him as a blond, blue eyed Caucasian but rather a swarthy, dark haired,  semite. I guess that wouldn't appeal to those who believe in such fantasies Ouch

Jesus is my favourite prophet. I love his less government lower taxes policies.Thumbs Up
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 12:54pm
I really enjoyed the series Warrior, however, set in mid 1800 America, an area of land was referred to in  hectares LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:00pm

12 Years a Slave SBS

9:30 pm - 12:00 am | Today
In the years before the Civil War, Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free Black man from upstate New York, is kidnapped and sold into slavery in the South. Subjected to the cruelty of one malevolent owner (Michael Fassbender), he also finds unexpected kindess from another, as he struggles to survive and maintain some of his dignity. In the 12th year of the disheartening ordeal, a chance meeting with an abolitionist from Canada changes Solomon's life forever. Directed by Steve McQueen. Stars Lupita Nyong'o.

Was very good!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I really enjoyed the series Warrior, however, set in mid 1800 America, an area of land was referred to in  hectares LOL
Big smile along with a few other mistakes...but have been enjoying it too. Watch for the coke can and a takeaway coffee cup, ala Game of Thrones...

Edited by Dizzy - 31 Dec 2020 at 5:29pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 5:56pm
I will be seeing in the new year watching Spin City on STAN. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 6:15pm
By midnight I will probably be watching the back of my eye lids.
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 11:49am
Watched Death To 2020 on Netflix last night. Mocumentary about the events of 2020. Hilarious in many places. Worth a watch. 
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Got hooked on Yellowstone on Stan, watched 15 episodes in a week LOL half way through it

Shawky, Yellowstone’s our absolute favourite, usually we don’t watch much tv till 5.30pm onwards (DYWTB a millionaire) but, one wet day we put YS on at 11AM and we were still watching it at 8PM that night, when we ran out of episodes ?? 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 7:54am
What’s this one about, Djebel?
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Anybody mentioned Queen's Gambit ?

Brilliance personified.

Rating 140+
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:02am
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Got hooked on Yellowstone on Stan, watched 15 episodes in a week LOL half way through it
Shawky, Yellowstone’s our absolute favourite, usually we don’t watch much tv till 5.30pm onwards (DYWTB a millionaire) but, one wet day we put YS on at 11AM and we were still watching it at 8PM that night, when we ran out of episodes ?? 

I keep spotting these raves on social media, only to check online reviews which range from brilliant to terrible, so thus far, haven't taken the plunge LOL

Acacia, that show above hasn't even started production but certainly looks well worth watching once aired. I love war, espinage, spiy series & think I've run out of decent once - production can't keep up with me LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
Yeah, I realise its not made yet, but thought if I posted it here, some of you movie/tv/series buffs would tip me off when it does show up. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:35am
Watched the first two episodes of Nightstalker on Netflix last night. Very good doco. If you enjoy crime/serial killer docos you will love it. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Watched the first two episodes of Nightstalker on Netflix last night. Very good doco. If you enjoy crime/serial killer docos you will love it. 

Watched the rest of this tonight. Quite graphic but excellent. Recommend. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
I see Rawhide is back on Fox LOL gee many a year ago for me watching Rowdy ( Clint Eastwood ) do his thing , sargeants pies and cream soda , dem were the days .LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 54>