Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Virtual PM Stakes Trifecta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual PM Stakes Trifecta
    Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
I do not know about you but if there was a race for disgruntled former PMs , I would take trifecta of Keating, Rudd & Turnbull. I am not sure of their finishing order so I would take a box trifecta.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:05pm
You missed John Hewson, even if he's only a past Leader of the Federal Liberal Party.

Just a matter of them all being concerned that the current PM, and the Government in general, aren't worth a pinch of sh1t.  And they'd all be dead right.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:20pm
Any fair minded, even headed conservative would be ashamed of the current Coalition leadership. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:26pm
Whoops forgot Julie Bishop, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party from 2007 to 2018.  She also reckons the current lot are quite appalling.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:34pm
Julie Bishop, was not she "in bed" with Turnbull on all issues ? Enough said, IMO.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:37pm
Turnbull is more Robert Menzies Liberal than any modern Liberal leader for 40 years.

The Liberal Party and it's followers have been infiltrated by Hitlerites. 
reductio ad absurdum
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:15pm
And incompetents!
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
some on here would say that any way.
Howabout the labor opposition?
Not worth a pencil scribble.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:22am
Surely Tony Abbott would be a shout?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I do not know about you but if there was a race for disgruntled former PMs , I would take trifecta of Keating, Rudd & Turnbull. I am not sure of their finishing order so I would take a box trifecta.

What is it that they are disgruntled about Bobby. Records being destroyed, the circumstances of their exit, the dishonesty of the current regime? Need clarification otherwise it becomes one of those ''unscientific'' polls you scoff at.

Like Howard, Rudd and Keating comments on specific policy, in their case issues around China, Rudd and Turnbull mostly on policy issues designed to undermine their records and the media organization who amplifies lies against them, plus arguably the circumstances of their removal. Tones dedicated his life to disruption and the furtherance of populism accepting huge speaking fees to spew his anti democracy speech all over the world. You didn't mention Johnny. 

Julia deservedly doesn't get a mention because she moved on with her life and does great global community service in the field of mental health.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 6:41pm

Julie Bishop, was not she "in bed" with Turnbull on all issues ? Enough said, IMO.

Served with extreme distinction as Deputy Leader under not one but four Liberal Party leaders.  And as Minister for Foreign Affairs under three Prime Ministers.  All told five leaders and has supported four and dissed just one: the do nothing liar.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:08pm

Pretty reasonable combination there Bob. I'd probably rove the 3 of them around Julia - or alternatively just throw her into the mix & box all four in a First 4 .
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply