Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 46>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Thanks. 

We know you're like Verry Elleegant. We also know you rate her highly. Luckily the handicappers don't rate her that highly which again highlights my point that you're not a very good judge of horses. As I have told you time and time again - you need to not be so emotional. Cheers. Having said all of that...Verry Elleegant is a good horse...just not as good as you think she is. The ratings will also agree with me and disagree with you. However lets hope she heads to Europe at some stage. She may do what you have wanted for months and months and win over there. For your sake....I hope she does mate. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:54pm
It looks as though it will be a winnable arc this year imo. Still getting soft tracks in many parts of France after a very wet first half of the year.
She would be right in it. As would addeybb if he wasn't a gelding!
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:31pm
The forecast's suggesting a very wet Flemington Saturday too!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
speedingaway View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedingaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 10:33pm
Get your hand off it Jamal
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

The forecast's suggesting a very wet Flemington Saturday too!
That must be the motivation for scratching from Randwick.  Full steam ahead to to the Turnbull.

Still a little surprised given the weight advantage she had in the Hill Stakes under WFA.

Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Thanks. 

We know you're like Verry Elleegant. We also know you rate her highly. Luckily the handicappers don't rate her that highly which again highlights my point that you're not a very good judge of horses. As I have told you time and time again - you need to not be so emotional. Cheers. Having said all of that...Verry Elleegant is a good horse...just not as good as you think she is. The ratings will also agree with me and disagree with you. However lets hope she heads to Europe at some stage. She may do what you have wanted for months and months and win over there. For your sake....I hope she does mate. 

Unfortunately you are emotionally invested against Verry Elleegant.  You anchor against her & have a strong confirmation bias.

She has won 9 Group 1's, won at every prep since being a 3yo & won from 1400 to 2400.  She is either verry good or is a champion.

Maybe remove the emotion, ratings are only one tool & look at what is in front of us.

Peace out :) 
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:00pm
Not another hijack *rolls eyes*
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:23pm
Should be a cracking race on Saturday. Can’t wait. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:48pm
Yikes.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:50pm
Clearly not 100%.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:52pm
Surely so.  If Chapada can easily beat her...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:53pm
Chapada went past her like she was stuck to the fence
Clearly injured?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:53pm
Or maybe  that's her ceiling for this campaign? She is getting on too.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:54pm
Seem to remember she won a Group 1 at her previous start.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:55pm
Pull the other one Jamal
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 5:57pm
surely not being serious?? wouldn't be surprised if she has eiph.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:18pm
Weird. Is she in season?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
That's her worst run for a long time. Mmmm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:21pm
Maybe so.  Perfect run in transit so you'd think there'd have to be a reason for her poor performance.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:23pm
On March 27, the day Verry Elleegant beat Addeybb in the Ranvet, Incentivise was a 16L 8th in an 1850m Toowoomba maiden at start 3 (having finished unplaced at his first 2 starts). The winner, Golden Goal, is $19 in a Toowoomba C1 tonight after finishing 7th at Nanango picnics LS

From Hawk on twitter
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm
Jeepers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

On March 27, the day Verry Elleegant beat Addeybb in the Ranvet, Incentivise was a 16L 8th in an 1850m Toowoomba maiden at start 3 (having finished unplaced at his first 2 starts). The winner, Golden Goal, is $19 in a Toowoomba C1 tonight after finishing 7th at Nanango picnics LS

From Hawk on twitter

LOL  He was unlucky that day. 
reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 8:11pm
Great Melbourne Cup trial from her today running 3rd in the Cox Plate.

MV 2040m is no place for her to be racing, bring on a proper staying trip & the wide open spaces of Flemington Smile

pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 10:36am
Enormous run in the Plate. I reckon Lane would have thought he had them on toast at the 600m. Both his main rivals inside, running into tiring horses. But...alas... the heavens opened and they get a dream run through. Don't know how she was $26 for the Melbourne Cup shortly after the plate. Now into $13.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:49am
I think she is a moral to be the first Australian trained runnner home in the Cup.

Really she should have won yesterday. She covered far more ground than the two in front of her.

reductio ad absurdum
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
I don't think she was that comfortable at the Valley. Cup should suit. 
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
In hindsight instead of taking off when she did, I think Lane would have bided his time and come closer to the inside with Anamoe. There was plenty of room as it turned out and he would have saved ground and the effort that she had to make to do that move.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:42pm
She’s just been a notch below herself this campaign I reckon. Everything in her favour yesterday with the horses falling over in the last week, a suitable track and still couldn’t get the job done. The VE of the previous two campaigns probably wins that IMO.

Will have to give Incentivise 2kg in the Cup on a WFA scale. No. The McKinnon looks a better option.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:14pm
She doesn't seem to be finishing off her races at her last two starts. She loomed up around the turn and looked like she'd go past them but couldn't sustain the run to get past the other two, who are decent horses but not exactly the top when it comes to Cox Plate winners. 
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:35pm
My sentiments exactly, the VE I know lets fly and just wins from that position. Even Lane thought he was the winner. Not going as well this prep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 46>