Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 46>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:01pm
Same racing manners.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Same racing manners.

They slowed the pace and came back on top of her by the looks of it.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm
Settled a lot better Sydney way today.
I reckon she could be in the mix for the Doncaster.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:51pm
Agree CG.  However had she settled even better, not reefing and holding her head high, could have won by 10.  Star
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:52pm
Yep. Still has a lot to learn. But she’s getting there.
This space has been intentionally left blank
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:13pm
I also think she is better with no horses around her.

Her best run in the spring was when she got back wide, and kept coming in the Ethereal, and then first up she crept closer along the fence, but when she found clear room, she flashed late at Amphitrite.

Today the leader and her were the only ones anywhere near the fence and she really accelerated to and through the line.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 7:59pm
My two cents worth, for a start the noseroll is doing nothing to lower her head carriage, it seems a trait she has or has a very light mouth initially came about when mouthing during breaking in and she's continue to hold her head this way, if anything it may even be impeding her vision when racing tight in a cluttered field by trying to look over the top, time will tell but imo she's the bees knees and a big motor.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:26am
Congrats to Whitto and the others who are now in for a great ride with this nice up and comer.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:13am
Ysecond best mare around
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
I think she’s actually a bit of a risk in the Vinery. Still really pulling and it cost her in the longer races in the Spring. Huge talent though. Be a real threat in the Doncaster.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:45pm
Bruce McAvaney was tipping her as a top Doncaster chance yesterday.
I think a mile is her best.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:56pm
If she gets in the Doncaster for me she will need to draw wide and do a Super Impose and circle the field.

Her next start will be interesting, because s good as Seabrook and Aristia are, she will step up to Nakeeta Jane, Mizzy, El Dorado Dreaming and Pohutukawa, and Aristia will be better at 2000m.

She may win, but things need to fal into place for her!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I think she’s actually a bit of a risk in the Vinery. Still really pulling and it cost her in the longer races in the Spring. Huge talent though. Be a real threat in the Doncaster.

She won't be going Doncaster.

She holds the highest rating of any 3YO this season when she went 13.4L above benchmark in the Ethereal.....over 2000m - the trip won't be an issue - they just have to let her run & not fight her.

Only reason she lost the Oaks was tempo. They went back to last & she did the same anount of work as she would have if we fwd
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

She holds the highest rating of any 3YO this season when she went 13.4L above benchmark in the Ethereal.....over 2000m - the trip won't be an issue - they just have to let her run & not fight her.

Only reason she lost the Oaks was tempo. They went back to last & she did the same anount of work as she would have if we fwd

On the money there Sir Gov, just let her stride as she has the breeding and the brilliance to take up a much forward position and imo staying is her caper, the Vinery and Oaks are made for her and she'll relish a soft track.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:02pm
With such a poor track i wouldn't read much into the win.

She has talent no doubt but other talented didn't go a yard in the bog all day.

I guess if another bog happens she'd certainly have massive claims.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Beat Aristia 0.5L in the Ethereal, in a race where they clapped it on. Plain in the Wakeful. You’re right about tempo, but as a general rule of thumb the longer they travel the slower they go- likely to keep pulling and over a trip and it’ll likely cost her, as it did in the Spring.

I simply think she’s been more impressive over a mile.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:23pm
Most of wallers don't seem to pull anyhow Judge, he has got an interesting challenge on his hands getting this filly to conserve energy the same applies to Nature Strip , I won't drag this thread of its path though..
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:41pm
Don't disagree Judge re:mile to 2000m. 

I hope she wins the Oaks but think she will be challenged as she is mental.  Vinery will be no problem.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:17am
Well, it’ll be a bog again so it’s at her mercy.
Aristide, her equal wasn’t effective in 5he wet
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

My two cents worth, for a start the noseroll is doing nothing to lower her head carriage, it seems a trait she has or has a very light mouth initially came about when mouthing during breaking in and she's continue to hold her head this way, if anything it may even be impeding her vision when racing tight in a cluttered field by trying to look over the top, time will tell but imo she's the bees knees and a big motor.

Noseroll off, veery interiisting lol, good field and a great watch imo.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
Gee whiz, big win.
Hanging in, hanging out, pulling her head off.
Still wins. Massive future if she can get it right
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 3:58pm
She's a maniac but can gallop
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm
Yep thought the pressure would bring her undone but she can gallop.  Another like Mystic Journey from the Klairessa line (this one through Eight Carat) and cross to Zabeel instead of Zabeels dam.  Wonder were the bad manners come from.  If anyone can get her to behave it's her new trainer.  In the mean time must be so much fun to ride her!  You'd never know what she'll do next.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:17pm

Noseroll off, veery interiisting lol, good field and a great watch imo.

The nose roll off appeared to be a plus , but erratic , Finds another gear when challenges come .     I'd like to own her.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:19pm
No matter what gear they use, she will still find a way.
Just going to need time, and when she clicks - look out!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

No matter what gear they use, she will still find a way.
Just going to need time, and when she clicks - look out!

The 2 earlier 2000m races went quicker and faster final 600m .   

As you say ,   She still has a lot to learn.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:24am
I still think Aristia will beat her if it’s a dry track at Randwick
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:17pm
Let's see it run on a fair track befpte getting too excited.

Clearly loves a bog, most don't.

Her quality will show (or not) when a fair track.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm
Congrats to Whitto and all the other owners.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:26pm
Obviously a highly talented filly.

How adventurous will her connections be ?

Yes kissers I like the filly.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 46>