Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 46>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:57am
For what it’s worth, I’m a fan of Mogul and would be backing him
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
For what it’s worth, I’m a fan of Mogul and would be backing him along with Tarnawa who beat him in the breeders 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:06pm
Very interested to see how Love goes this year in open grade
Time is a flat circle
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

https://www.punters.com.au/news/experts-believe-verry-elleegant-would-struggle-in-arc_197866/

Cheers, I read those comments and they don’t make any sense

Blencowe, the “expert” quoted was using her timeform rating* as a yardstick against horses like Magical to boost his argument.....Magical is retired as is Winx and SYTConfused

Blenowe clearly has a set against her as he then ignores his own timeform ratings that have Addeybb as the 4th highest rated horse in Europe.

That’s behind the 4000m Stradavarius and a couple of last seasons 3yos who are unproven as older horses 

If Addeybb is in the  too 4 VE can’t be too far behind which makes her a very real chance in the Arc

As I asked, who will beat her aside from the big A?

You may have read but it appears you didn’t understand. It made perfect sense. He was using those retired horses as examples of how similarly rated horses performed in the past. As an example of how Verry Elleegant could expect to perform given the performances she has run to. The profile of the race suggests her ratings are not good enough to win except in a very average year. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:39pm
Magical not the best horse to use for an Arc comparison. Far better horse over 2000m 
Time is a flat circle
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:46pm
3yos win the majority of Arcs but they've had a lean run lately 3 years without winning!Shocked Highly likely to win this year.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:13pm
My goodness has anyone actually watched the vision of the race from the chopper cam? I mean the whole race? J Mac initiated ALL the contact between the two he was amazingly trying to push Addeybb out four wide and go forward in the run. Crazy stuff. It was never going to be a successful move. What a HUGE brainfade on his behalf. 

It's on the 7News page on Instagram for those who'd like to see.

Jeez you'd hate to have been sticking up for J Mac you'd feel like a huge fool after watching that vision. 

And for those that said she's her own worst enemey and unreliable? Rubbish. No wonder she got so upset and overraced.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:19pm
I doubt anyone said she was unreliable , but anyone who has followed her career will No Doubt agree she is her own worst enemy when things don't go her way , feel free to read her form card from the beginning then let us know if you differ.Wink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:41pm
Well apparently the stewards formed a rather different view from that expressed by PMD:

Stewards:

Verry Elleegant – Began awkwardly and shortly after the start was bumped on the hindquarter by Addeybb which shifted out. K McEvoy rider of Dalasan pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding in that approaching the 1600m he permitted his mount to shift in when not clear of Verry Elleegant which resulted in Verry Elleegant losing its running and having to be steadied. K McEvoy's licence to ride in races was suspended for a period to commence on Monday 26 April 2021 and to expire on Wednesday 5 May 2021 on which day he may ride. After being crossed by Dalasan Verry Elleegant continued to overrace badly and refused to settle and making the first turn after being crossed by Mo'Unga shifted out resulting in Verry Elleegant and Addeybb making contact for a number of strides near the 1500m . Stewards determined that T Marquand rider of Addeybb had ridden within the confines of the rules and that he endeavoured to maintain his position outside of Mo'Unga and that the racing manners of Verry Elleegant was the principle reason of the contact between the two runners

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm

https://www.punters.com.au/news/experts-believe-verry-elleegant-would-struggle-in-arc_197866/

Cheers, I read those comments and they don’t make any sense

Blencowe, the “expert” quoted was using her timeform rating* as a yardstick against horses like Magical to boost his argument.....Magical is retired as is Winx and SYTConfused

Blenowe clearly has a set against her as he then ignores his own timeform ratings that have Addeybb as the 4th highest rated horse in Europe.

That’s behind the 4000m Stradavarius and a couple of last seasons 3yos who are unproven as older horses 

If Addeybb is in the  too 4 VE can’t be too far behind which makes her a very real chance in the Arc

As I asked, who will beat her aside from the big A?

You may have read but it appears you didn’t understand. It made perfect sense. He was using those retired horses as examples of how similarly rated horses performed in the past. As an example of how Verry Elleegant could expect to perform given the performances she has run to. The profile of the race suggests her ratings are not good enough to win except in a very average year. 

I understand but don’t agree. The ratings clearly show she is a live chance

To throw a blanket rating Over the race on past runners is dumb. The current batch of horses are there for all to see. No need 5o pontificate on how strong it may be

The ratings are there for you to see
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:55pm
No, I don’t think you do understand. 

The current batch of horses are there for all to see? Are they? Sorry I wasn’t aware the big 3 year old races had already been run. Sorry, my mistake.
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 5:41pm
There's no way they'll take her there, despite all the noises coming from the camp. Not a chance.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:40pm

The current batch of horses are there for all to see? Are they? Sorry I wasn’t aware the big 3 year old races had already been run. Sorry, my mistake.

LOL I suggest you stop whilst you’re behind 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:58pm

LOL I suggest you stop whilst you’re behind 

We’ve seen from the other threads that you participate in that your idea of “behind” is a long way from reality.

What is Verry Elleegant’s rating compared to other possible starters?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:02pm
Given you don’t follow what’s going on, as you admitted, I will use the PT dismissive 

Stop trollingTongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm
So you can’t provide her rating? I looked last night at the top list for 2020 and she was miles off the best. And you expect her to win an arc? Who’s trolling again?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm
Shrunk, ExceedAndExcel has you by the short and curlys. 

Whilst I would dearly loved to see Verry Elleegant run in the Arc and the Long Distance Cup at Ascot you can not say the current batch are there for all to see. The 3yos are yet to be exposed.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:07pm

So you can’t provide her rating? I looked last night at the top list for 2020 and she was miles off the best. And you expect her to win an arc? Who’s trolling again?

If ratings have her miles of Arc ability than the ratings are a load of crap.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
Shrunky is about to be lapped but thinks he's in front LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:51am
I look forward to the 26 x 3yos lining up in the Arc

Now go and Have a look at the betting market and relate that to my comments re the ratings
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Well apparently the stewards formed a rather different view from that expressed by PMD:

Stewards:

Verry Elleegant – Began awkwardly and shortly after the start was bumped on the hindquarter by Addeybb which shifted out. K McEvoy rider of Dalasan pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding in that approaching the 1600m he permitted his mount to shift in when not clear of Verry Elleegant which resulted in Verry Elleegant losing its running and having to be steadied. K McEvoy's licence to ride in races was suspended for a period to commence on Monday 26 April 2021 and to expire on Wednesday 5 May 2021 on which day he may ride. After being crossed by Dalasan Verry Elleegant continued to overrace badly and refused to settle and making the first turn after being crossed by Mo'Unga shifted out resulting in Verry Elleegant and Addeybb making contact for a number of strides near the 1500m . Stewards determined that T Marquand rider of Addeybb had ridden within the confines of the rules and that he endeavoured to maintain his position outside of Mo'Unga and that the racing manners of Verry Elleegant was the principle reason of the contact between the two runners

My goodness has anyone actually watched the vision of the race from the chopper cam? I mean the whole race? J Mac initiated ALL the contact between the two he was amazingly trying to push Addeybb out four wide and go forward in the run. Crazy stuff. It was never going to be a successful move. What a HUGE brainfade on his behalf. 

It's on the 7News page on Instagram for those who'd like to see.

Jeez you'd hate to have been sticking up for J Mac you'd feel like a huge fool after watching that vision. 

And for those that said she's her own worst enemey and unreliable? Rubbish. No wonder she got so upset and overraced.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I doubt anyone said she was unreliable , but anyone who has followed her career will No Doubt agree she is her own worst enemy when things don't go her way , feel free to read her form card from the beginning then let us know if you differ.Wink

Why would you look at the runs from a few years back with a different trainer and when she was less mature. In the last 18 months she hasn't put a foot wrong other than the J Mac brain fade. That's all you need to look at. Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Shrunky is about to be lapped but thinks he's in front LOL

LOLLOLLOL

They’re busy erecting the screen and he’s still thrashing around thinking he still has a chance to win. 

Her best rating would only have been in the same ballpark as the winner once in the last 15 years. But the ratings, the ratings! LOLLOLLOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Why would you look at the runs from a few years back with a different trainer and when she was less mature. In the last 18 months she hasn't put a foot wrong other than the J Mac brain fade. That's all you need to look at. Wink
She is doing now what she was doing 2 years ago , are you that blind ? at times when things go against her she makes good jockeys look bad and good horses look better , spec savers need you PMD. Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 1:32pm
Alas, no. She's done it once and it was a poor poor ride where the rider initiated contact with a bigger horse. In all other races she has not misbehaved one iota. I challenge you to point out where she has misbehaved other than saturday's poor ride. I'm interested to see waht you can show me?
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 1:44pm
Stewards report seems to agree with Carioca, J Mac was not at fault, and VE was stirred up by others allowing their horses to shift?

Verry Elleegant – Began awkwardly and shortly after the start was bumped on the hindquarter by Addeybb which shifted out. K McEvoy rider of Dalasan pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding in that approaching the 1600m he permitted his mount to shift in when not clear of Verry Elleegant which resulted in Verry Elleegant losing its running and having to be steadied. K McEvoy's licence to ride in races was suspended for a period to commence on Monday 26 April 2021 and to expire on Wednesday 5 May 2021 on which day he may ride. After being crossed by Dalasan Verry Elleegant continued to overrace badly and refused to settle and making the first turn after being crossed by Mo'Unga shifted out resulting in Verry Elleegant and Addeybb making contact for a number of strides near the 1500m. Stewards determined that T Marquand rider of Addeybb had ridden within the confines of the rules and that he endeavoured to maintain his position outside of Mo'Unga and that the racing manners of Verry Elleegant was the principle reason of the contact between the two runners.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:18pm

I tried to give you a push in the right direction by asking you to read her form card ( thread ) but no you couldn't be bothered , this mare is now in her 3rd year with Waller after 4 starts with weir ,the last being unplaced in the 2018 Vic Oaks , this thread has now 16 pages 8 of which are posts of her inability to settle when the race tempo drops , start from the initial post and you may learn something instead of talking out of your pocket.Confused
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
You would European high class races with a pacemaker would be right up her alley, the softer surfaces a plus also .

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:28pm
As long as it doesn't upset AO with his pacemaker LOL yeah logical reason to give her a chance , I'm sure they realise this as well.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:11pm

I tried to give you a push in the right direction by asking you to read her form card ( thread ) but no you couldn't be bothered , this mare is now in her 3rd year with Waller after 4 starts with weir ,the last being unplaced in the 2018 Vic Oaks , this thread has now 16 pages 8 of which are posts of her inability to settle when the race tempo drops , start from the initial post and you may learn something instead of talking out of your pocket.Confused

PMD has never backed a horse that has been beaten on its merits.

but but but the jockey rode it bad!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 46>