Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Trust In A Gust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by runnerdance runnerdance wrote:

Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Your statement: 'no one will really want a four year old handicap winner'

It's not correct.

Doesnt matter if 'no one' will want one... fact... yearling market doesnt want this

Hes bread n butter... not remotely commercial... hes tomorrows Dash For Cash

Made no comment as to his commercial appeal.

Was merely stating that the statement was not correct.

That he is a group winner not a handicap winner.

Personally I wouldn't use him however who knows how his career will unfold.

If we knew there wouldn't be a stallion market.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Swettenham only has room for six stallions, and they already have Americain, Equiano, Master of Design, plus Wow Signal, Toronado and Puissance De Lune (all new) on the books.

So unless TIAG's injuries are career ending can see him racing on as a 5yo to increase his attractiveness, after which time they'll have very possibly sacked Equiano.

I for one would certainly like to see him race on.

If that's the case I would think they'd move on something this year to accommodate him. Probably Master of Design who's he lowest fee and numbers are dropping.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:20pm
However 2014 was MOD's third season which is usually a hard sell, plus he sold extremely well this year.

So don't believe MOD is under any threat just yet.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:24pm
hes definitely got some good blood flowing through his veins, commercial or not ive seen far worse value

someone said rubricks will sell better, maybe but i prefer stallions that get better at 3 and 4 not go downhill from 2
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Swettenham only has room for six stallions, and they already have Americain, Equiano, Master of Design, plus Wow Signal, Toronado and Puissance De Lune (all new) on the books.

So unless TIAG's injuries are career ending can see him racing on as a 5yo to increase his attractiveness, after which time they'll have very possibly sacked Equiano.

I for one would certainly like to see him race on.

If that's the case I would think they'd move on something this year to accommodate him. Probably Master of Design who's he lowest fee and numbers are dropping.

"The stud can accommodate up to eight stallions in stallion boxes and barns..."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:34am
Thanks RH.  Swettenham have evidently upgraded their facilities as Sangster himself told me they had room for 6 stallions, something confirmed by the following:

News from Swettenham

Young stallions Host (Chi) and Kaphero have been relocated from Swettenham Stud to new homes in South Australia and NSW.

Swettenham's Nagambie property can accommodate six stallions and adjustments were required with three new sires joining its roster this year.

Host will transfer to Willow Grove Stud in South Australia and Kaphero to Riverdene Stud in NSW. Willow Grove owner Ralph Satchell is delighted to have Host on board this year.

"His only colt at the 2015 Adelaide Magic Millions sold for $55,000," he said. "Some of Host's best progeny like Philippi have been sold overseas but there's plenty more in the pipeline.

"He covered over 120 mares in 2012 and those foals are rising two year-olds. In the meantime, horses like Hong Kong Captain will help promote bookings this year – Lindsay Park reckon he's a Group 1 winner of the future."

Host (Hussonet) will join USA Group 2 winner Mint Lane at Willow Grove which is located in the Onkaparinga Valley. His service fee has been set at $4,400 (inc gst) and Satchell can be contacted on (08) 8389 7084.

Kaphero will help fill a gap in the stallion ranks in the south-east of NSW at Riverdene Stud this year.

Kaphero
"Broodmare owners don't have a lot of stallions to choose from around here," Riverdene owner Kevin Pendergast said.

"Kaphero was a very fast horse and his stock get up and run. That will suit our client base with the accent on speed an over-riding factor."

Pendergast also points out local breeders can pay up for BOBS and they're also close enough to the border for the breed-back option with Super VOBIS.

Kaphero is a son of Danehill's G1 Golden Slipper champion Danzero and his dam Kapchat won the G1 Coolmore Classic at Rosehill. He has sired the winners of 35 races this season headed by quality gallopers Stingray, Barcode, Tankster and Our Kaboom.

Riverdene has been home to Strada for the last three years and, like Kaphero, he is a Danehill-line stallion from Coolmore Classic winner Shindig. Pendergast will stand Kaphero for a $4,400 (inc gst) fee and, for further information, breeders can call (02) 6922 1559.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:51pm

Trust In A Gust’s career far from over

Trust in a Gust

Trust In A Gust

Dual Group 1 winner Trust In A Gust won’t be heading to stud this year and will instead race on during his five-year-old season.

The news ends speculation that the four-year-old, who was recently purchased by Swettenham Stud, had run his last race following a minor injury which ruled out a Brisbane campaign.

Swettenham owner Adam Sangster said after discussions with the horse’s original owners, the son of Keep The Faith (Sunday Silence) will be given a six-week spell before being aimed towards the Spring.

“With so many other stallions heading to stud this season we felt it would be good for the racing public to see this horse continue racing for at least another 12 months,” Sangster said.

“I went to see the horse on Monday with Darren Weir and vet Andrew Cust was also more than happy with his recovery rate from his injury, however, we decided that it would be in the best interests of the horse to cease with the Brisbane campaign.

“Darren Weir said the horse could be aimed towards a weight-for-age path in the Spring and possibly an international campaign if he measures up to the top level again.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:02pm
That's good news. A strong season as a 5yo could also enhance his stud value.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 10:20pm
Well that settles that then.

So..... can we assume he couldn't attract any bookings? I just find it remarkable coincidence that stallion #7 was secured before TIAG was sent around again.

If they sold any lifetime rights, will the price stand if he peels off a few WFA G1s here and o/s?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:18pm
Any updates from the farm? Has he been busy?... Am I right in saying that Halo & Storm Cat were both considered hard to handle, if not complete psychopaths? I wonder if Helmet's NH G1 winner (Thunder Snow) from the Morning Devotion family has helped things along. Maybe she lives in a padded box LOL

I can't find many stallions that directly compare to his pedigree, although Tale of Ekati, Karakontie and Real Impact are all 'same-but-different' in their own way.

Only ones of those is up and going as a stallion and interestingly enough, Tale of Ekati has two full sisters (both winners) going around in the US out of Morning Cry, a daughter of Morning Devotion.

MORNING TALE  (USA) dkb/br. F, 2012 {4-k} DP = 4-4-13-1-0 (22) DI = 1.93   CD = 0.50 - 1 Starts, 1 Wins, 0 Places, 0 Shows Career Earnings: $10,800
TALE OF EKATI (USA)
b. 2005
TALE OF THE CAT (USA)
dkb/br. 1994
STORM CAT (USA)
br. 1983
STORM BIRD (CAN)
b. 1978
NORTHERN DANCER (CAN) b. 1961 [BC]
SOUTH OCEAN (CAN)b. 1967 *
TERLINGUA (USA)*
ch. 1976
SECRETARIAT (USA)ch. 1970 [IC]
CRIMSON SAINT (USA)ch. 1969 *
YARN (USA)
dkb/br. 1987
MR. PROSPECTOR (USA)
b. 1970 [BC]
 RAISE A NATIVE (USA) ch. 1961
GOLD DIGGER (USA)b. 1962 *
NARRATE (USA)*
dkb/br. 1980
HONEST PLEASURE (USA)dkb/br. 1973
STATE (USA)b. 1974
SILENCE BEAUTY (JPN)
dkb/br. 1997
SUNDAY SILENCE (USA)
dkb/br. 1986
HALO (USA)
blk. 1969 [BC]
HAIL TO REASON (USA)br. 1958 [C]
COSMAH (USA)b. 1953 *
WISHING WELL (USA)
b. 1975
UNDERSTANDING (USA)ch. 1963
MOUNTAIN FLOWER (USA)b. 1964
MAPLEJINSKY (USA)
b. 1985
NIJINSKY (CAN)
b. 1967 [CS]
NORTHERN DANCER (CAN) b. 1961 [BC]
FLAMING PAGE (CAN)b. 1959 *
GOLD BEAUTY (USA)*
b. 1979
MR. PROSPECTOR (USA) b. 1970 [BC]
STICK TO BEAUTY (USA)br. 1973 *
MORNING CRY (USA)
b. 2004
DANZIG (USA)
b. 1977 [IC]
NORTHERN DANCER (CAN)
b. 1961 [BC]
 NEARCTIC (CAN)
br. 1954
NEARCO (ITY)br. 1935 [BC]
LADY ANGELA (GB)ch. 1944
NATALMA (USA)*
b. 1957
NATIVE DANCER (USA)gr. 1950 [IC]
ALMAHMOUD (USA)ch. 1947 *
PAS DE NOM (USA)
br. 1968
ADMIRALS VOYAGE (USA)
dkb/br. 1959
CRAFTY ADMIRAL (USA) b. 1948
OLYMPIA LOU (USA)br. 1952
PETITIONER (GB)*
b. 1952
PETITION (GB)b. 1944
STEADY AIM (GB)b. 1943 *
MORNING DEVOTION (USA)*
ch. 1982
AFFIRMED (USA)
ch. 1975
EXCLUSIVE NATIVE (USA)
ch. 1965 [C]
RAISE A NATIVE (USA) ch. 1961
EXCLUSIVE (USA)ch. 1953 *
WONT TELL YOU (USA)*
b. 1962
CRAFTY ADMIRAL (USA) b. 1948
SCARLET RIBBON (USA)b. 1957
MORNING HAS BROKEN (USA)
ch. 1974
PRINCE JOHN (USA)
ch. 1953 [C]
PRINCEQUILLO (IRE)b. 1940 [IS]
NOT AFRAID (USA)br. 1948 *
A WIND IS RISING (USA)*
b. 1969
FRANCIS S. (USA)ch. 1957
QUEEN NASRA (USA)b. 1952 *

Righto, that's enough bludging on the company's time. Back to work for me.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 12:58pm
I have one by a son of Storm Cat & yes, he's a very 'sensitive' type to say the least LOL Absolutely not a shred of dirt but the slightest thing upsets him, constantly on high alert. No predator'd ever take him by surprise Big smile
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 1:03pm
Except the fence he'll run into getting away from that little leaf!  Are their people who can get inside a horses head and help them?  Or is that why so many need a pony or a mate with them.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 2:42pm
Absolutely, in my guys' case furious! Zero confidence in himself & surrounds so welcomes the security another stable horse provides & the same applies to riders i.e. confident rider on a loose rein, no problem but tight reins & rider expecting the worst, forget it, as the rider's  confirming there is in fact, something to fear. He's also super intelligent & learns quickly so it's paramount these types have no bad experiences, they take it to heart & don't forget.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 3:29pm
Sounds like he need a lot of desensitising :)
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 8:20pm
Just 55 in his first book, if what's in the ASB is all there is.

Not much in the way of stakes winners, but I did spot one potential foal that will be 3x3 Morning Devotion.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:52pm
Thunder Snow keeps winning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm
Unfortuately that won't help TIAG much RH.

He clearly raced a season too long, beset as he was by physical and mental issues later on, and that just trashed his attractiveness as a potential sire.

Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm
I'll agree he was never the same after the airport incident (getting strung up by the lunchbox will do that), and no doubt that will have tarnished his appeal to the sausage factory breeders.

He was never destined for superstardom... We'll have to wait and see what pops out.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:52pm
Will be $6,000 +GST according to the Highland Reel press release.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:24pm
In comparison with all stallions currently being paraded in Victoria at present this bloke creates his own aura. He is an impressive animal to say the least & might just defy the naysayers who knock his sire line.
His female antecedents are far and away far better than those possessed by most stallions standing in Oz
His yearlings looked like racehorses
I would not be surprised at all if T in a G succeeds in spite of the books he has covered thus far. 
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:35pm
That was most likely a big part in his ability on the track Glencoe.

But, is his tail female line known for getting successful stallions. The only one I can find is Storming Home and he didn't set the world on fire.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Back in 1993, Balanchine won two juvenile races in England by a combined 10 lengths before Robert Sangster sold the filly to Sheikh Mohammed. She went on to win the Irish Derby and English Oaks and was a pivotal part of Dad's history.  Now she's a part of mine through Trust In A Gust.

Balanchine passed away today aged 30.

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/godolphin-and-dettoris-first-british-classic-winner-balanchine-dies-aged-30/474197
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm
I thought this bloke might throw a decent handicapper or two. At present that doesnt look likely
They do appear to have temperament issues
Interesting to measure his progress as a stallion with Palentino & Stratum Star. All currently underwhelming & all with one thing in common. Will Tosen Stardom go the same way.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:25am
Dual G1 winner Trust In A Gust has been lost to the Victorian breeding industry after Glen Eden Stud announced the passing of their stallion on Tuesday.
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12