Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Trap For Fools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:14pm
Should of kept Trap For Fools in Melbourne...no need to race him in the Kingston Town (1800m WFA). His racing style (leading) means he will be hot and cold results wise. Its still hard to lead all the way and win and whilst he did it in the Mackinnon...he is no certainty to do it again in future.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:02pm
He is owned in WA.
They wanted him to run , so he is running.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:16pm
The Kingston Town is perfect for him.
reductio ad absurdum
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:01am
Tayla back on?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

On my ratings TFF would have run a clear 4th in Cox Plate. He deserved a spot. The committee should only ballot out horses that will be disgraced in the race. TFF's form was easily good enough to warrant a spot in Cox Plate. In fact one can argue he would have enhanced it by being the natural frontrunner. Waller would then not have sacrificed D'Argento as pacemaker for Winx.

Before Cox Plate day the highest level he had won at was Perth Listed level. He had no placings in races stronger than Perth Listed. If they had let TFF into the Cox Plate the MVRC may as well admit that they have no qualifying standard at all.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

On my ratings TFF would have run a clear 4th in Cox Plate. He deserved a spot. The committee should only ballot out horses that will be disgraced in the race. TFF's form was easily good enough to warrant a spot in Cox Plate. In fact one can argue he would have enhanced it by being the natural frontrunner. Waller would then not have sacrificed D'Argento as pacemaker for Winx.

Before Cox Plate day the highest level he had won at was Perth Listed level. He had no placings in races stronger than Perth Listed. If they had let TFF into the Cox Plate the MVRC may as well admit that they have no qualifying standard at all.

If you only consider races won then how did Shamus Award get in? It was a maiden.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:54pm
Besides, what is wrong with a Listed winner being in the Cox Plate if it's in good form? They should only exclude horses which cannot possibly a place. Such as horses that have never placed in a stakes race or are hopelessly out of form.
Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:30pm
in fairness to the club, the horse did get beaten by 10 lengths in a g3 handicap a few weeks before the Cox
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:26pm
**Trap For Fools Timeform Ratings - Past three Runs**

G1 Mackinnon Stakes (2000m): 118

G2 Moonee Valley Cup (2500m): 118

G1: Turnbull Stakes (2000m): 115
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Docker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Docker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:43am
The FruitnVeg does look the ideal race for him next week but he will need to reproduce those ratings to win the filly Arcadia Queen would have probably won the Oaks and other group races over the spring carnival so will be hard to beat.
TFF will be ha rd to place from here on in obviously handicaps are out of the question.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:06am
His style (leading) means his form is going to be hot and cold.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

A bit harsh to say he’s hot & cold. I think he’s been tremendously consistent this current 9 start campaign. 8 consistent efforts & the only blot on his form is the JRA Cup.   

I hope he wins the KT Stakes.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

A bit harsh to say he’s hot & cold. I think he’s been tremendously consistent this current 9 start campaign. 8 consistent efforts & the only blot on his form is the JRA Cup.   

I hope he wins the KT Stakes.

All I'm saying is that being out in front...well its hard to lead all the way. Which is why I said that style of racing can be hot and cold. A leader is basically a sitting duck with 200m to go. Yes I am from theBart school of horses being off the pace.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:55pm
I think it's a visual thing Jamal, by that I mean a barkmarker that works home to finish 5th beaten 3.5L looks more impressive than a front runner who finishes in the same position.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I think it's a visual thing Jamal, by that I mean a barkmarker that works home to finish 5th beaten 3.5L looks more impressive than a front runner who finishes in the same position.

Perhaps
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:49pm

He led & was just beaten in CR time in the MV cup and then led all the way in the Mckinnon .
Should be in the spelling paddock .   It's all down hill now in this preperation.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

He led & was just beaten in CR time in the MV cup and then led all the way in the Mckinnon .
Should be in the spelling paddock .   It's all down hill now in this preperation.

Yep, he's been up for a while.
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:41pm
Rail in the true position this time of year makes it difficult for leaders over a distance.

Not sure what happened to Material Man's trip to the East however his run in the Railway was excellent.

Gatting looks like a new horse this prep but is stepping up to WFA although he did win at WFA first up.

Then we have the pink and white army.

Love TFF but this is not right for him.

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:12pm
Talking rataings = His Mckinnon rating has him up there with the top notch
and left alone in front he s caopable in anything .

I'd be resting him for the Autumn.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:48pm
I agree. He has won the Mackinnon...a better race then the Kingston Town Classic. He should be spelling
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:51am
Can't blame the owners for having a crack at WAs premier WFA race.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:47am
Normally you would put a line straight through him but......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:15am

I agree. He has won the Mackinnon...a better race then the Kingston Town Classic. He should be spelling

He won't be a factor in the autumn. Take the easy G1s while they're on offer.

Simon Cameron

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:02am

Wont run well in the Australian Cup in your opinion?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:01pm

Won't win.

Simon Cameron

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:27pm

Won't win.

Not good enough?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:49pm
If Harlem can win a Australian Cup, then he can especially if the new mile race dilutes the field even further.

No Humidor, no Kings Will Dream, no Youngstar, no Unforgotten, no Ace High no D'Argento and no Happy Clapper. No Hartnell, none of the spring Godolphin runners, except for Avilius, and no Winx.

The field will not be that strong next year, so yes, he can win the race!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

If Harlem can win a Australian Cup, then he can especially if the new mile race dilutes the field even further.

No Humidor, no Kings Will Dream, no Youngstar, no Unforgotten, no Ace High no D'Argento and no Happy Clapper. No Hartnell, none of the spring Godolphin runners, except for Avilius, and no Winx.

The field will not be that strong next year, so yes, he can win the race!

I probably should abstain from long range predictions. When I make them I am imagining what I consider to be a G1 field but on the day it doesn't turn out that way, e.g. Mackinnon 2018. If you are right on all those non-starters ... shudder.

Simon Cameron

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:01pm
Looks like he has had enough. Not sure why they sent him to Perth for this race (Kingston Town Classic).

Mackinnon is the better race and they should if spelled him after that race
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:46pm
Trainer and his mate going for everything before it all....
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>