Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Transgender Athletes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:15pm
Latin. Cis meaning same side.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:17pm
The athlete that is the star of this current soap opera was never a girl. 

She went from a man to a woman. She got all the benefits of puberty. 
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:23pm
Hard to be believe some people ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:25pm
That woman is a senior politician over there. How woke can you get - seriously !
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:28pm
I agree with point 1 of the silly ACLU piece - women can protect themselves. If they want to compete against big hairy ex-men it doesn't bother me. Bring it on. The more big hairy ex-men in women's events the better. Thumbs Up
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Latin. Cis meaning same side.

Actually more like "on this side", to contrast with "trans" meaning "across (to the other side)".

But there's no divisions, right? Just one happy rainbow 🌈?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

RUOK oneone?

he talks to himself...

isn't that the first sign?

Wink
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:07pm
As a straight, white, cis male...something, something, something
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:11pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:12pm
Reminds me of Michael Jackson's "Black or White" video clip. Revolutionary, that one.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:19pm
I cant help myself.  I keep going back to look at that pic of Elsie on the other thread.Cry  Those legs oh those legs  Sick
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:22pm
Imagine what Caitlyn Jenner would have done to Some Olympic records if she had had her change done q few years earlier
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:25pm
Have they decided yet as to wether Casta can compete as a he or she ??
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:26pm
 She's a big girl, Caitlyn...

I used to like watching her as Bruce.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Caster Semenya's gender is uncontroversially female. She is legally female, was from birth raised as female and identifies as a female.

Big difference to what is going on with the trans athletes, AA.

get off her case.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Caster Semenya's gender is uncontroversially female. She is legally female, was from birth raised as female and identifies as a female.

get off her case.

And yet she is having more difficulty competing than a trans athlete. 
reductio ad absurdum
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:37pm
I don't  know what testosterone levels trans athletes have. I assume the same rules would apply to them as to Caster but that may not the case away from some track races. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:41pm
 The only solution to this is to put a time-ban on trans-gender athletes...at least from male to female...for say, three years, before they can compete. 

In that time, more hormonal treatment might even things up...and the women's records might be harder to break.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:08pm

get off her case.

For heavens sake JJ !  I am not "on her case " and not sure why you think I am, because I ask a question !  I ask because the last I heard about her, some time back now, they were making her have hormone tests or something, before they decided if she was female enough to compete against the girls.  After that I hadnt heard much about what was happening with her.  I ask, and you get on your high horse. I am allowed to ask questions, and have an opinion you know ?  Its not juust you who gets to do that here on this frum, and you really dont need to jump up and down for every woman mentioned on here.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:24pm
 I feel very sorry for anyone who is born with a 'problem'...and who is then ridiculed.

I think I remember Caster being made fun of, quite a bit, on here...

By certain people.

Were you one, AA?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:25pm
Uncontroversially female, eithout ovaries or uterus but with balls.Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Uncontroversially female, without ovaries or uterus but with balls.Wink

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:26pm
 sounds like quite a few women...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:27pm
 would you like to deal with her problems?

Cast the first stone...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:46pm

I feel very sorry for anyone who is born with a 'problem'...and who is then ridiculed.

I think I remember Caster being made fun of, quite a bit, on here...

By certain people.

Were you one, AA?

I probably was.  In your opinion.
But because we dont agree with your view doesnt mean we cant speak on here.
I am sorry these people have problems.  Some of said problems are sometimes brought on by themselves, as well.
If I was a female runner who had to go up against Caster I would be pretty dirty. She looks like a man and is built like a man.  Pictures dont lie.  Same with the swimmer .   I dont see it being at all fair and equal for the "normal " ( for want of a better word ) girls either.  Why dont you stick up for those women ?  They are athletes who have worked and trained hard all their lives and end up with not a chance because they are running, or swimming , against a mans body. Its not a fair and equal playing field and if you think it is, and its fair for all , good on you.
I dont.

animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:55pm
 I am sticking up for them. I don't think transgender athletes should compete against 'normal' women...for at least three years after they transition.

But Caster is not transgender.

Have you ever looked at Cate Campbell?  She towers over some of her opponents, and has very wide shoulders. No-one says that isn't fair. Because no-one disputes Cate's gender.

It's never fair...but they can be sensible and make rules.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 9:57pm
Remember the old days of a "slippery slope"?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:05pm
 ?

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 8:01am
Fun fact: There are 15,000 transgenders in the US military and an estimated 137,000 veterans.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 9:01am

I am sticking up for them. I don't think transgender athletes should compete against 'normal' women...for at least three years after they transition.

But Caster is not transgender.

Have you ever looked at Cate Campbell?  She towers over some of her opponents, and has very wide shoulders. No-one says that isn't fair. Because no-one disputes Cate's gender.

It's never fair...but they can be sensible and make rules.

Possibly the first time I’ve read someone actually put forward a proposed solution. I have no idea whether a time limit would work but would be worth exploring. 

I’ve asked before though, is this “issue” being made out to be much more than what it is? My understanding is that virtually no trans athletes exist at the elite level. Sure, someone will now come up with an example but an exception does not make the care. The suggestion that allowing them to compete against born females is killing womens sport is laughable. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>