Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tosen Stardom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

Damnit should have hammered Rokkii all-in

I did! :)
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

Damnit should have hammered Rokkii all-in

I did! :)

Rub it in why don't ya WinkSmile

I think Awesome Rock might be a little overlooked because this race looks pretty thin, loomed but couldn't get the 2000m with the The Cleaner stringing them out......reckon he only gets 2000m with a soft run so the mile is probably his pet trip.
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:36pm
Think awsome rock is a good chance at running a cheeky race to marscay. But I'm tipping thames court, from he's our rokkii. And awsome rock for the place
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:00pm
I heard Weiry late this morning telling Nadia the leg wound he has from the Sydney trip, had flared up yesterday arvo with infection they thought had cleared up & treated with ABs immediately. He still worked this morning & having watched Howard work, reckoned he was probably his best for the weekend but EW.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 6:58pm

Tosen Stardom done for spring but not 2016

Brent Zerafa@brentzerafa

4:16pm

, (

Tosen Stardom won't race again during the Melbourne Spring Carnival but connections are hopeful he may return to the racetrack before the end of the year.

A leg infection sustained after a float incident on his way to Sydney for the George Main Stakes has plagued Darren Weir's Japanese import in recent weeks.

The Cox Plate was signalled as an early spring target for Tosen Stardom but that was put on hold and the 1600m Group 1 race at Flemington on Derby Day considered a fall back.

"We simply ran out of time with him and have decided just to concentrate on getting him right," said Australian Bloodstock's Jamie Lovett.

"That doesn't mean he is just going to the paddock, it just means he won't run during the rest of the Melbourne Spring Carnival.

"It will all depend on how it takes to get on top of the infection but we could possibly look at Perth or possibly head to Sydney for the Villiers Stakes."

Rattlesnake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rattlesnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:06am
Unlucky break for connections. They paid quite a bit for him with the intention being to challenge for the Cox Plate and look towards stud value.

Hopefully they can get the horse right and salvage something.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 5:12pm
Looks like they are going to save him for the Futurity first up. They have set him to win
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:59pm
Going great guns
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 9:37am
Not fast enough.
reductio ad absurdum
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:49pm
Looks a little fat,will be better for run
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:53pm
Nearly pinched it, looks like he has come back wellTongue
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:59pm
Top class if he can stay fit.....had Bart cold just fitness in the end.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:00pm
Blamey likely next run
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Not fast enough.

Wrong you dimwitted fool.

reductio ad absurdum
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Looks like they are going to save him for the Futurity first up. They have set him to win

wasn't far off the markClap
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:17pm
Took the $41 for the Doncaster before the race. Happy with that.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:20pm
Surely they go QE if they can keep him fit? His form when first coming to Australia measured right up.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:27pm
He's definitely going to Sydney. however they haven't decided which race he is running in yet.
Just taking it one step at a time with him
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:30pm
I would be avoiding Winx. 
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:01pm
Sensational run . Surely the Australia cup is at his mercy ? That's where I'd head , Patna more than placing behind Winx . Although the Doncaster is feasible
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Sensational run . Surely the Australia cup is at his mercy ? That's where I'd head , Patna more than placing behind Winx . Although the Doncaster is feasible

Having said that probably 1 run short
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:28pm
I have taken a top up on my home loan because of Humidor . I have to stick with him Black Prince .. your horse is more versatile being more on speed etc .
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 6:29pm
Can win the Aus Cup
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:20pm
Have a pretty decent each way ticket at $81/$21 for the Doncaster. Expecting him to go Blamey, Donnie, QE. I think he's a serious Donnie chance with 55kg.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Have a pretty decent each way ticket at $81/$21 for the Doncaster. Expecting him to go Blamey, Donnie, QE. I think he's a serious Donnie chance with 55kg.

3 weeks into Blamey, 2 weeks into Doncaster, Looks perfect.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:19pm
Sure does. I'm lining up for a 3 figure profit on a place. A win? Forget about it.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:20pm
Meant 3 zeros. I guess that's four figures haha!
Sunline...simply supreme
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Think we shopped well... Thumbs Up
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 2:45pm
Toldyas few weeks back
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:43am
Anyone got the inside word on which state he runs this weekend?
Dual acceptor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>