Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency cont.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 451>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:30am
Justice moves very slow in America but it does plod forward. Huge fish billionaire and very close Trump associate Tom Barrack arrested and indicted today. He was up to his ears in everything Shady around the beginnings of the Trump election.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:57am

Wolff describes the midnight scene in the hallway outside the presidential bedrooms: "Trump, fulminating, crossing over into fury, directed everybody to call somebody. ... Call. Do Something. Call everybody. Fight this. They have to undo this. They have to!"

Trump's immediate family and inner circle dial up the Fox anchors, reporters and news managers, all the way up to members of the Murdoch family, which owns Fox News. Their entreaties are relayed all the way to Rupert Murdoch, the patriarch who, Wolff writes, rejects them with a grunt and adds: "F*** him."

Wolff tells us that Murdoch was "open in his contempt for the president, whom he deemed stupid, venal, ludicrous, dangerous" — even as his Fox network frequently functioned as a Trump cheering section.

There have been denials of all this from Fox and the Murdoch spokespersons. But Wolff is fine with that, saying he trusts his unnamed sources and telling The New Abnormal podcast that as "Rupert Murdoch's biographer," he is "deeply sourced" in that organization. One of Wolff's eight previous books is a biography of Rupert Murdoch, The Man Who Owns the News.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/1018198107/michael-wolffs-third-strike-at-trump-white-house-landslide-book-review

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:33am
With Barrack's arrest and indictment, the Orange former guy has something else to worry about, as does Rudy, Jared(bigly) Pompeo(bigly bigly) Ivanka(goornsky) and Beavis and Buthead.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:07am
The Jan6 Commission finally gets under way next week Shammy. You will finally get to the bottom of that Antifa insurrection. Thumbs Up

Hard to imagine why Republicans are so opposed to those left wing commie terrorists being held to account though.Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:30am
Very powerful opening day of the Jan6 Select Committee's hearing today. Even Fox News who covered the full day live were impressed at the testimony of police officers.

Meanwhile Republican ''leadership'' were doing their performance art outside the hearing desperately trying to deflect from themselves and their dear orange failed leader.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm
George P Bush in his campaign video for Texas AG kisses the Great Man's ass on multiple occasions, no mention of his family at all (2 x pres).

"The left’s out of control policies are eroding the fabric of our nation. It was great to see Pres. Trump today & discuss how we must come together as a party to restore America First Priorities. I appreciate his friendship & kind words as we work together to Keep America Great."

The Don yesterday endorsed his opponent.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

At least Stormy got paid...
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
Not even Donald believed him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 5:14pm
Bush was never a chance against Paxton. He is a dead set crook under several criminal indictments and he championed the big lie for Trump. A perfect Trump candidate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:43am
Shammy looks like you will be asked to chip in again soon to finance yet another huge Trump Uni type fraud settlement. 

Trump Family Loses Big Appeals Court Fight to Force Fraud and Deceptive Practices Lawsuit into Secret Arbitration

COLIN KALMBACHERJul 28th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Former president Donald Trump, his prized family business, the Trump Organization, and three of his adult children, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, all suffered a significant legal setback in a federal appeals court opinion issued Wednesday morning.

For years the Trump family and its namesake entity have fought to keep a potentially ugly pyramid scheme lawsuit from being litigated in the public sphere. The 45th first family’s weapon of choice to keep those details under wraps was private and compelled arbitration clauses.

In a 43-page opinion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit denied the Trump family’s request to settle the numerous complaints against them behind the veil, and with the help, of arbitrators.

“The truth or falsity of the plaintiffs’ allegations is not before us,” Circuit Judge Robert D. Sack wrote. “We neither express nor imply any views with respect to them. The only question before us is whether this case should be resolved before the district court or an arbitrator.”

http://https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trump-family-loses-big-appeals-court-fight-to-force-fraud-and-deceptive-practices-lawsuit-into-secret-arbitration/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark&fbclid=IwAR2vVGcUztedC7wbvx98kK5gXATCUTzaHxpUt4l2t7TblG6H4EphxItmL3c

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:51am
He's such a shonk that I am kind of surprised that none of his buildings have collapsed, Surfside style. Not Trump Tower, because Trumps live there, but any of the others. Early days though.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 10:13am
It's all coming apart.

Breaking: The Treasury Department must turn over Trump’s long-sought tax returns to the Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee.

“The statute at issue here is unambiguous: ‘Upon written request’ of the chairman of one of the three congressional tax committees, the Secretary ‘shall furnish’ the requested tax information to the Committee,” Johnsen wrote in the 39-page memo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 11:22am
"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen."

"Sir we have done dozens of investigations, hundreds of interviews, major allegations are not supported by evidence," Rosen and Donoghue said according to the notes. "We are doing our job."  

"Much of the info you’re getting is false,"

"People are angry" and "blaming DOJ" for "inaction.""You guys may not be following the internet the way I do,"LOL

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 11:31am
Same play as his phone calls to Ukraine President Zelensky and Georgia SOS Raffensperger and who knows how many others. 

Dont need you to do anything, just announce it is being investigated and my corrupt Republican stooges will take care of the politics.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 6:57pm
For those that don't remember what an idiot the nappy wearing former guy was.
C'mon Shammy, tell us he embarrassed your country....  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 7:19pm
A beautiful dog though.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:19pm
donny is reaming the devoted - 35 mill raised for his election fraud fund Save AmericaLOL but nothing spent on legal expenses? 
 The devoted survivors of covid are giving so generously that Donny has launched another fundraiserLOL "Make America Great Again Action"  
quite a flawed con but those good ole boys just can't see it . what a pity

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:43pm
f**k, people are dumb
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:37am
Fruity Rudy is blowing up deluxe. Donald has now pocketed an estimated $225m and he is refusing to pay Rudy the fees he promised him to lie about his election colossal failure. Rudy says he is broke, cant defend himself and is prepared to go to prison.

Poor Rudy. Michael Cohen told you in May that Trump was going to stiff you and hang you out to dry as he did to him and everyone else he is done using.

“I am more than willing to go to jail if they want to put me in jail,” he said at one point. “And if they do, they’re going to suffer the consequences in heaven. I’m not, I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Why are you willing to go to jail if you feel that you’re innocent,” Russo asked.

“Because they lie,” he responded. “And they cheat.”

Giuliani also brought up Hunter Biden and Andrew Cuomo to claim there’s a double standard at the Department of Justice.

“You see the differences between the way a Cuomo is treated and the way I’m treated,” he said.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 7:36pm
As regular readers of this space have long ago become aware, I’m not an admirer of Donald Trump. As a businessman, a tax cheat, a blowhard, an unfaithful husband who frequently trades in his wife on a new model, there is little about him that I find admirable and much that is despicable. If he ends up being charged various crimes currently under investigation, I hope he gets a fair trial, but I certainly won’t be sad if he gets convicted.

It hurts me to think that, while he has never enjoyed majority support, he has enjoyed the trust and support of a large minority of Americans, as measured by polls.

Perhaps because I’m a lifelong journalist for whom factual accuracy is the sine qua non, Trump’s constant lying ranks high on my long list of objections to the way he rolls. Perhaps I should pause here so the small number of Trump supporters who participate in Black Ink discussion threads can once again ask me to write less about him. I’ll just express my doubts that they are tired of hearing about him and hazard a guess that they never tire of hearing him praised far beyond his deserts. But I do wonder how they handle the lying.

A friend of mine, who for reasons he doesn’t understand has been on the Trump e-mail list for years, often passes the e-mails along to me for my amusement. Something like 99.9 percent of them ask for money, but they often do so in a way that should be insulting to anyone capable of critical thinking. I provide the text of one of the most recent emails below, just Trump talking to a friend, asking for money, and setting weird conditions on how fast the friend has to send the dough. This is direct quote:

Friend,

I feel sorry for Joe Biden.

In addition to having the worst presidential track record of ANY President so far, he will never know what it feels like to have the support of REAL American Patriots, like YOU.

YOU are what keeps me going, and to thank you, I’ve REACTIVATED your 400%-IMPACT OFFER for the NEXT 30 MINUTES.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT in the NEXT 30 MINUTES to increase your impact by 400%.

Now just a couple of questions and comments that I would hope would occur to the recipients:

Assuming that the 400%-impact offer means that someone will match every dollar I gave with four more dollars (which I assume to be a lie, but what do I know?) who is providing the 400 percent match?

Why does it expire after 30 minutes? Thirty minutes from when?  What if I didn’t even see the offer for 30 minutes after Trump’s people hit send on the email to me?

If whoever it is that is providing the 400% match can afford to give “Save America” that much, why does it matter whether I give anything?

Also, since Trump is not currently a candidate for any office, what will he do with my money, whether or not it’s quintupled? Nothing in the email alludes to what Trump will do with the money. The email comes from a PAC called “Save America.” The email sheds no light on Trump’s relationship to “Save America.” An “About Save America” web page makes it fairly clear that “Save America” and Donald J. Trump are synonymous, but doesn’t make clear the purpose of their mutual existence.

Anyway, I decided not to pledge a donation.

Eric Black

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2021/08/trump-fundraising-is-endless-but-for-what/

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 7:45pm
Scumbag collecting millions from the ignorant.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 7:48pm
Capitalism. The American Dream.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:20am
"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold Medal instead of the Bronze.

"Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has.

"There were, however, a few Patriots standing. Unfortunately, they need more than that respecting our Country and National Anthem.

"They should replace the wokesters with Patriots and start winning again."

"The woman with the purple hair played terribly and spends too much time thinking about the Radical Left politics and not doing her job!"

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:53am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:57am
He's wrong, the team lost because their best players are over the hill, but it's kind of funny in a crazy old uncle way.Smile

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 8:04am
I mentioned this briefly in the Biden thread, but it's worth mentioning here, divisive Donny has came out and said that the US women's soccer team only won bronze because they've been infiltrated by "leftist maniacs" and have become to "woke".

Good leaders unite and bring calm, bad leaders divide and incite, yet Shammy and his small band of mates around here think this kind of crap shows a good leader. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 10:03am
Not for the grievance mob Afros, they ''need'' a pretend leader who says and does dumb fascist stuff and attacks the people they fear most to make them feel better about themselves.

#SAD.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 11:20am
How about the MyPillow guy and his cyber symposium on election fraud which will present absolutely zero evidence of anything. His latest one is that the Chinese hacked in and switched a bunch of votes all over the country. And he has the proof! Too bad many of these counties that he claims it happened in weren’t even connected to the internet. This guy could well be the dumbest person on the face of the earth!

I wonder how long it’s going to be before MyPillow becomes a fully owned subsidiary of Dominion Voting Systems?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 11:35am
He is desperate, as is Rudy, The Kraken, Wood, Jenna and others being sued for $1B+ each. They are  grasping at any straw that could create even miniscule doubt as a legal defense. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 7:18pm
WOW. So I went to post a clip from President Trump's great interview from last night, and lo and behold, Fox News EDITED and CHANGED what President Trump said, censoring out 45 accurately describing the Fake Election. Here is what President Trump said:
< preload="none" aria-label="Embedded video" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute; background-color: black; top: 0%; left: 0%; transform: rotate(0deg) scale(1.005);" poster="https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1424455762785472519/pu/img/jjR0nePXvUnj08N2.jpg" controls="">
97.5K views
0:10 / 0:43
And here is what Fox News posted to YouTube:
< preload="none" aria-label="Embedded video" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute; background-color: black; top: 0%; left: 0%; transform: rotate(0deg) scale(1.005);" poster="https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1424455838140350467/pu/img/Mqkzlr33LbJkocD5.jpg" controls="">

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 7:19pm
WOW. So I went to post a clip from President Trump's great interview from last night, and lo and behold, Fox News EDITED and CHANGED what President Trump said, censoring out 45 accurately describing the Fake Election.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 451>