Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:47pm
Well sir you have just put the pressure right on me for Saturday, but congratulations on a very good selection. A bullseye as it were. Thumbs Up Star Clap

Now all I have to do is ensure we keep the money in the bank.

$50.00 win on Duais @$11.00 = $550.00.

That means I have $600.00 on my selection on Saturday.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Well done Stayer djebel.  Hope you got the fixed price about the winner.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:10am
Okay the pressure is right on so here it goes.

Sydney race 5 No.1 Handle The Truth $600.00 the place

Substitute Caulfield Race 10 No.9 Oxley Road 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:04pm
Clap
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:24pm
So the pressure shot goes onto you djebel for next Friday Manikato Stakes night.

So we had $600.00 on Handle The Truth for the place @ $2.45

Balance: $1470.00.

So djebel you get to have $1520.00 on your selection on Friday night Thumbs Up 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:33pm
kiss sake.

That must mean I get Derby day. LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:35pm
Don't know the rules in this contest.  Can't djebel back his girlfriend Colette later today? Big smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:40pm
For Second Chance to peruse Wink Voyager tipped this week & djebel next Smile

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Hi guys.

My Punters Club are starting a system similar to the Last Man Standing segment on Get On.

In this segment a designated panelist has a selection each week to build up a bank for the Victorian Jockeys Trust.

My Punters Club system has one difference.

We will be placing $50.00 in the bank each week whether we win or lose. So if we win say $100 from the weeks bet we will add $50.00 to the $100.00 in the next week, which means the bank increases by $150.00 for the next weeks bet.

I would like to see if any villager would be willing to participate in a village version of this, no money involved just our skills put to the test.

So this is how it will work.

1. The pot will start with $50.00.

2. Each week any winnings will be added to the bank. There will also be an extra $50.00 added to the bank as well.

3. The designated bet will be for the whole bank. So for instance if there is $200.00 in the bank, then that will be what the bet is for that weeks selection. 

4. The contest will run from next Saturday until 4th of December (Kingston Town Classic day in Perth).

5. Those who wish to participate need to PM me, and the order will be in the same order that you contacted me.

6. Players will need to make selections on some non weekend days. For instance on the 24th of September, a Friday we have the Moir Stakes a group 1. The next day we have the Golden Rose meeting, and then on the Sunday we have the Underwood Stakes meeting. So this will mean that some players will need to make a bet on the Friday and the Sunday.

7. If a player can not make a selection when it is their turn they will not be allocated another date.

8. If a player can not make a selection for a designated meeting, then I will make the selection for that meeting.

9. There are 18 dates during the designated period, where selections will need to be made. This means that a maximum of 18 players will be allowed as that will give everyone at least one chance to make a selection and to participate.

10. With the contest starting next week, I need you to contact me before Friday (before Friday as I want to place the names of the players and the dates on which they will need to make their selections, next Friday). No late entries will be accepted.    

So if you feel up to a bit banter then come along and join up Thumbs Up

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
If I ever get around to hosting a raceday live stream, SC then we may have village members share the bets for every race on the day.  

I am trying to get a stream up and running through you tube, but it might not quite be ready for Derby Day, stay tuned.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 6:49am
Race 7 Jonker place. 
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 1:28pm
Okay djebel all set $1520.00 the place on Race 7 No.2 Jonker
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 7:24pm
StarStarStar Bullseye!

So the bet tonight was $1520.00 place on Jonker @ $2.00. and so our balance after his win is $3040.00.

That gives me $3090.00 for tomorrows Cox Plate meeting.

Tossing up between Mo'unga, Pondus and Grace And Harmony so I will wait for the track condition tomorrow morning.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 9:18am
Okay I have made my selection.

Race 10 No.9 Grace And Harmony $3090.00 place.

If she is scratched during the day sub with Mo'unga Race 9 No.5.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 10:16am
Good luck to us. 
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:58pm
Well that was a misfire Nuke 

Sorry djebel, but that means that you have the selection next Saturday on Derby Day.

Just hope we get a fair track. When that rain came and the track started playing off the fence, I knew we were in trouble, but what can you do. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:38am
Flemington race 9 #1 September Run win.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
Okay djebel $50.00 win Race 9 No.1 September Run.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Okay September run unplaced, so that leaves me with the Cup day bet.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:58am
I could not find one so we will give djebel $100.00 to bet with on Oaks day.

I had it down to three for the record.

Race 8 No.8 Best Stone

Race 9. No.4 Zoumon

Race 10. No.4 Prime Candidate

I just could not pick so I forfeited the bet for the day.

Over to you for Thursday djebel Thumbs Up
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm
Okay so not much damage done as Prime Candidate was the only one who placed.

Over to you djebel for our next race day on Thursday, Oaks day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
He'll hopefully be sober by then.  Wink
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:55pm
I am going to the Oaks.

Glint Of Hope WIN

Reserve

Douceur Place
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 2:19am
Okay so $100.00 the win Glint Of Hope in the VRC Oaks.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:39am
Okay nothing doing today.

I am going to work on this concept to see if I can make a competition out of this for the new year.

I think I have the rules okay, but there are some changes to make it more exciting.

Maybe have the ability to withdraw winnings if you wish, and maybe allow bets after the meeting has started.

I will see what I can come up with.

Thank you to djebel for playing and providing some great selections during the competition Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 7:03pm
I'll start this for 2022

28th Jan - Scone Race 4: No 2  Speech $50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12