Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Olympics 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

For the record I competed in the boxing in 1968. Rusty in the synchronised swimming in 1972 

For a different record I was born in 1987
I wish I had a sig
Sponsored Links

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:41pm
On fire!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:45pm
I am having fun tonight Rusty. My missus gets narky with me when I keep sniggling at the keyboard LOL
What price tipping a protest ride in the TDF !
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Brisbane is a go
Go Anna! LOL 
big moment for Brissie

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

For the record I competed in the boxing in 1968. Rusty in the synchronised swimming in 1972 

For a different record I was born in 1987
That was about the time I bought those bottles of  1984 Grange Hermitage, which Rusty is able to confirm.Wink
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm
Probably aged better than I did BB LOL
I wish I had a sig
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Anna has told the IOC, in her pitch to get the Games, if the Games are held in Brisbane they will be "cost neutral ". She is kidding,  every Olympics since 1896 , the first of the modern Olympics, has always cost taxpayers money.

Not correct. Some have made money but not since LA in 1984. The Brisbane games will not be break even. Not even close to it. 
http://amex.com.au/refer/jAMESHrVbk?CPID=100427067

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 7:43pm

I am having fun tonight Rusty. My missus gets narky with me when I keep sniggling at the keyboard LOL
Then I’m guessing no dinner for you tonight……
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Cocaine may be performance enhancing if taken very close to the event. I'm talking minutes, maybe one hour. It is certainly not performance enhancing if taken a month before.Wink

But how do they know when it was taken ???   If one tests positive ???
I have always been told , just from when I was drug tested regularly at work,  coke/meth etc, and most other stuff is out of the system in a very short time, like 2 to 4 days ?
Where as smoko stays for at least 30 days.
animals before people.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:42am
It would've been taken very close to the test date I would assume LOL
I wish I had a sig
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:48am

You cannot say the Japanese have not covered all grounds when it comes to reducing the sexual activity of athletes and officials at the Olympics.

A. All athletes have a single bed made from recycled cardboard that can only support 200kg, the weight of about 3 swimmers, however according to one athlete if one jumps or bonks on the bed it will collapse 

B. The Tokyo Olympic Committee have issued 160,000 condoms for the 90,000 athletes and support staff, however, purely on the basis they can be taken home as souvenirsUnhappy and not for personal use, which seems reasonable as 160,000 condoms over the two week period of the Games would not go far over 90,000 people.Tongue

THE Australian women’s field hockey team got physical as they joined the Olympians from all over the world continuing to debunk the “anti-sex” cardboard bed theory inside the Olympic Village in Tokyo.

After the 100 per cent recyclable cardboard beds provided to athletes competing in the Summer Games went viral this week, a few members of the Australian Hockeyroos team decided to conduct their own experiment.

The bizarre theory – initially floated by US distance runner Paul Chelimo – suggests the cardboard beds were selected because they can’t withstand sexual activities between athletes, therefore minimising the spread of Covid-19.

On Tuesday, Hockeyroos’ goalkeeper Rachael Lynch, who is also a registered nurse, tweeted two photos of the beds.

“Following many questions about our cardboard beds, we thought we should put them to the test,” Lynch wrote on Twitter. “Can confirm they are strong enough for activities!”

One Twitter user replied: “Had to break it to yous. But that isn’t how you have sex.”

Lynch tweeted: “Oh oops.”

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:00am
 it will even withstand threesomes...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:20am
Which one of them would of been without a bed if it hadn't taken that treatment!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Australian equestrian rider Jamie Kermond has tested positive for cocaine and been suspended from the Tokyo Olympics.

It is likely that the positive result was from a single recreational use of the drug at a social event and had no connection with my sport of equestrian,” he said.

I am extremely upset and remorseful as to what has happened and I accept full responsibility. I am truly sorry as I have let a lot of people down including my family and teammates.”

Hopefully one day I can be forgiven for my mistake amends through better actions and continued contribution to the sport I know and love.??

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
In other words, Time my cocaine intake better. 

reductio ad absurdum

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
What has John Coates done ? 

reductio ad absurdum

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

That is a wide-ranging question.
In what capacity ? To get on the IOC ? To query Mr Kermond on his coke intake ? How many goals did  he kick for Carlton in the AFL ? How fast did he ever run the 100 metres on the track ? Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm
He ordered Anna to attend the opening ceremony.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm
Spoke like the rude bullying misogynist that he is.  Courtesy of The Age:

Look, I am really grateful to John Coates. He gave a masterclass in how to be an arrogant powerbroker when he schooled Brisbane 2032 Olympic bid-winning Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk at a late-night press conference in Tokyo.

Palaszczuk, who went to Tokyo to cheer on her city’s successful bid, was determined not to attend the Tokyo opening ceremony. For all the good reasons. She didn’t want to look like she was on a junket when most of Australia is in miserable lockdown. She doesn’t want to catch COVID-19 in a Games already beset with viruses other than STIs. And she wanted to look responsible.

But Coates, the Australian Olympic Committee president, wasn’t having any of that. In front of the world, he said: “You are going to the opening ceremony [Coates leaning back and folding his arms, audience laughing because apparently a senior woman being rebuked by a dinosaur is hilarious] . . . I am still the deputy chair of the candidature leadership group . . . there will be an opening and a closing ceremony in 2032 and all of you have got to get along there and understand the traditional parts of that, what’s involved in an opening ceremony.”

And he said it in the tone of voice with which all of us who have ever been bullied by our bosses will be familiar. He was playful. He was “joking”. It was going to be his way or the highway.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:13pm

In what capacity ? To get on the IOC ? To query Mr Kermond on his coke intake ? How many goals did  he kick for Carlton in the AFL ? How fast did he ever run the 100 metres on the track ? Wink
I know he had 6 children with his first wife, if that qualifies as a done deed.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:28pm

Just to be clear, I am very very qualified to make this statement Big smile

I thought djebel might have been talking about his, how shall we say this, girth, which seems to have been well fueled by wine and rich food.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:34pm
I think djebel might be referring to what Coates has "done",  to be able call out and embarrass Anna at the IOC meeting . Having seen it , I think djebel has made a valid point.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
Do not whether the Games will take place, as it has been reported there are around 90 positive COVID cases in the Olympic village. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:52pm

wear my brand of swimming costumes...

as did Phil Coles...but he like thongs...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:53pm
 liked...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Look, I am really grateful to John Coates. He gave a masterclass in how to be an arrogant powerbroker when he schooled Brisbane 2032 Olympic bid-winning Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk at a late-night press conference in Tokyo.

Palaszczuk, who went to Tokyo to cheer on her city’s successful bid, was determined not to attend the Tokyo opening ceremony. For all the good reasons. She didn’t want to look like she was on a junket when most of Australia is in miserable lockdown. She doesn’t want to catch COVID-19 in a Games already beset with viruses other than STIs. And she wanted to look responsible.

But Coates, the Australian Olympic Committee president, wasn’t having any of that. In front of the world, he said: “You are going to the opening ceremony [Coates leaning back and folding his arms, audience laughing because apparently a senior woman being rebuked by a dinosaur is hilarious] . . . I am still the deputy chair of the candidature leadership group . . . there will be an opening and a closing ceremony in 2032 and all of you have got to get along there and understand the traditional parts of that, what’s involved in an opening ceremony.”

And he said it in the tone of voice with which all of us who have ever been bullied by our bosses will be familiar. He was playful. He was “joking”. It was going to be his way or the highway.

I was desperate for her to tell him how dare he tell her what to do!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:39pm
 She looked like someone had hit her with a four-by-two...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:42pm
 apparently it was a set-up, to get her off the hook...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
 Coates and Anna had discussed it behind the scenes and he said he'd take the flak, so she didn't have to lose face...

so much for calling him a bully...he's always been very polite and caring, in the past..so the misogynism tag was surprising...

Palaszczuk is obviously a good actress...

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

....But Coates, the Australian Olympic Committee president, wasn’t having any of that. In front of the world, he said: “You are going to the opening ceremony [Coates leaning back and folding his arms, audience laughing because apparently a senior woman being rebuked by a dinosaur is hilarious] . . . I am still the deputy chair of the candidature leadership group . . . there will be an opening and a closing ceremony in 2032 and all of you have got to get along there and understand the traditional parts of that, what’s involved in an opening ceremony.”

As reported in several media outlets:  Through the laughter, Palaszczuk can be heard saying: “I’m getting bossed around by John Coates? Hang on a minute ...”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic