Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The non-Red Coronavirus thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 9:31pm
 I don't think the grand-daughter has transport...and grandma can barely walk.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
from a sociologist professor friend, in England.

Covid-19 deaths jump from. 40 yesterday to 167 today. Usual jump when death registrars are back to work after the weekend. 7-day moving average 141, compared to 31 this time last year. Before we even had vaccines.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:49am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:50am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:04pm
Like everything else the vaccine can help but when we open up the sick are going to be in the firing line again.  You just have to see what happens in hospitals when it gets out of the covid ward.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Covid-19 deaths jump from. 40 yesterday to 167 today. Usual jump when death registrars are back to work after the weekend. 7-day moving average 141, compared to 31 this time last year. Before we even had vaccines.

Your friend is scaremongering and sounds anti vax with that statement lol
Time is a flat circle
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:24pm
What a ringing endorsement for AZ, the home of AZ.
After being vaccined will be like getting the flu.
Sad if the flu/covid is fatal.
But it does happen.
And under lying causes must be taken into account, like a weak immune system in the first instance,
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I doubt it. She is an advocate for ensuring the disabled are protected by vaccination.

A very sensible woman.

Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:09pm
Tell that to the nurses who dont want to vaccinated.
How can they keep a job?
Sadly they will be found wanting, to the detriment of their own health.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:10pm
 5 fully vaccinated people died in NSW, overnight. All over 60.

It is painfully obvious that Astra does not provide any great preventative measure...or lessening of death...in the elderly, so it was criminal of the government to force them to have it. 

Now, it's a choice, since Pfizer and Moderna are in adequate supply. 

I'd still be taking great precautions if I had jumped in early.

Angry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

how can you scaremonger with statistics?

She is a very learned woman and an expert on lung infections.

And not given to rash statements. 

She was pointing out the anomaly of the vaccine Britain used, not being as protective as it should have been.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:25pm
Because the 7 day average for cases this time last year was 6,000. 2 weeks prior it was half that. 

The current 7 day average is 35,000. 2 weeks prior it was 29,000.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 4:27pm
 which proves her point...

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 4:46pm
Protection against symptomatic disease caused by the Delta variant peaked in the first weeks after the second dose, then fell to 47.3% and 69.7% beyond 20 weeks for AstraZeneca and Pfizer respectively. The study suggested efficacy declined more steeply for those aged over 65.

Researchers recorded AstraZeneca’s level of protection against hospitalisation at 20 weeks after vaccination as 77%, with Pfizer registered as 92.7% in the same timeframe. The protection efficacy against death was 78.7% and 90.4% for AstraZeneca and Pfizer respectively.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 4:50pm
 s'wat I've been saying all along.

Pfizer is the better vax...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:07pm
From a leading professor in England.

Is ANYONE using A Z vaccine any longer? No, thought not. We oldies are just catching up with reality by getting single dose of Pfizer. Probably not sufficient. People MUST get Pfizer (or other). AZ is no protection.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:10pm
So Javid is now emphasising medicines for CV19 rather than vaccine. Their flagship AZ vaccine is now a dead duck.

At last someone mentions waning immunity from AZ vaccine. Did this thing ever do any good? But now it's a bit harder to pretend that people are protected. I've had 2 AZ & feel less safe than this time last year. Now also had Pfizer booster but not too confident in that either.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
Dear older people with AZ vaccination - - please please insist on a booster. You are not protected any more. Neither are your loved ones.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:17pm
NEW: ALL seven English regions now showing an increase in covid positive hospital patients. South East up 39% in a week, East and South West (+32%), North West and Midlands (+16%), North East & Yorks (+16%), London (+15%)
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm
I'm starting to wonder if Red has been hiding here the whole time...
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm
UK 24 hour figures , 52,000 cases , 100+ deaths , trending up . Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 2:21pm
Low Vaccination issues in younger people(fastest increase in cases) and boosters from UK being the earliest vaccinators and consequent waning of effectivenness, and too much relaxion of protocols they say carioca. Health bracing for 100,000 cases a day in Winter but not equivalent escalating deaths due to it being predominately in younger people.

We are still below their vaccination rate.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if Red has been hiding here the whole time...

My sources are real people, with real degrees.

I do not post fantasy.

Geek
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 1:30pm
Six members of the staff at my daughter's Vet clinic have tested positive, leaving her to run the place alone, yesterday (good penalty rates but bye bye Christmas).

She is today stocking up on food supplies as she assumes she will be next.

We received a casual contact warning, two days ago, and have been keeping an eye out for symptoms.

It's inevitable that all will get Omicron, regardless of vaccination, but hopefully it keeps Delta at bay.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:13pm
So why isn't the Jab mandated at parliament house? Funny how no one trust's politicians but they do when it comes to these vaccine mandates 

Aren't we all in this together LOL
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:35pm
Which parliament house?

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:51pm
Canberra/Australia/planet Earth

I'll wait for an answer to why it isn't  while we keep getting told how deadly the virus is by these same politicians 
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 7:00pm
Ask Scomo why he doesn't mandate vaccinations in the parliament he controls. Why are you asking us?

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 7:05pm
Thought so LOL

EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 7:13pm
No good asking Morrison. He lied about his SA Lib mate Antic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>