Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The non-Red Coronavirus thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:46am
Surely there is enough incentive to be vaccinated.
Otherwise you take your chances.
Unfair a few should hold Australia up.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:28pm
Oh Whoa is me.......The QLD Police union is taking action against the GOV as they DONT want mandated vaccinations.......Oh Dear God, what are we to do, the Police are challenging the Godfathers......this is going to get ugly isn't it? The law you see is on the coppers side and all the fools and yes there are plenty think they can force their will on us, those that grew up seeing what Thalidomide did to thousands of Mums and Bubs...........at last, common sense and decency.......#gotheboysinblue
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
If I was a copper, I would want every vax I could get, including rabies , seeing some of the scum they have to deal with.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
It is inevitable that legal action take place. 

Where there is an anti/hesitant vaxxer, there will be a lawyer saying they can defend/test your rights for an exorbitant fee. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Looking at the percentages of populations who have been heavily infected and are now getting higher levels of vaccination(mix of natural and vaccine immunity)of around 80%, who are seeing their cases fall, like India(much more infection), Spain and Portugal, endemicity is looking likely to control this.

Just wonder though how our extremely low level of infection will see us fare over the next few years?

You are sounding very like Macca in this post. I had to check who posted it.

Wink

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Oh Whoa is me.......The QLD Police union is taking action against the GOV as they DONT want mandated vaccinations.......Oh Dear God, what are we to do, the Police are challenging the Godfathers......this is going to get ugly isn't it? The law you see is on the coppers side and all the fools and yes there are plenty think they can force their will on us, those that grew up seeing what Thalidomide did to thousands of Mums and Bubs...........at last, common sense and decency.......#gotheboysinblue

there will always be loopholes for people to dodge getting vaxed.

Conscientious objection is an old excuse...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Looking at the percentages of populations who have been heavily infected and are now getting higher levels of vaccination(mix of natural and vaccine immunity)of around 80%, who are seeing their cases fall, like India(much more infection), Spain and Portugal, endemicity is looking likely to control this.

Just wonder though how our extremely low level of infection will see us fare over the next few years?

You are sounding very like Macca in this post. I had to check who posted it.

Wink

No kidding.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:17pm
  It's so refreshing to have a thread which doesn't deal with science-fiction theories.

Macca is welcome to post, so long as he sends flowers, first.

Hug
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:23pm
Scomo: "People want their jobs back. People don't want money handed to them..."

translation: "I want my future pension to be paid for by all that lovely GST..."

Scomo: "We managed to obtain one million Moderna doses from EU..."

translation: "They were the only ones who answered my phone call. I'm blocked on Biden's phone."

Wink  

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
Joe thinks his phone is a microwave.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:49pm
You aren't obsessed though, are you stayer?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
Huh?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Scomo: "People want their jobs back. People don't want money handed to them..."

translation: "I want my future pension to be paid for by all that lovely GST..."

Scomo: "We managed to obtain one million Moderna doses from EU..."

translation: "They were the only ones who answered my phone call. I'm blocked on Biden's phone."

Wink  

I wonder if he understands the link between the botched vaccination program and people not being able to get their jobs back?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:12pm
 that's too much logic for his pea-brain...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:59am
 a very good programme on SBS, about the making of all the vaccines.

talking to the actual clinicians...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:11am
Interesting non peer reviewed study from Israel on Pfizer boosters.

BNT162b2(Pfizer) vaccine booster dose protection: A nationwide study from Israel

Abstract 

Background: On July 30, 2021, a third (booster) dose of the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine was approved in Israel for individuals 60 years or older who had been fully vaccinated (i.e., received two doses) at least five months previously. Here, we estimate the reduction in relative risk for confirmed infection and severe COVID-19 provided by the booster dose. 

Methods: 1,144,690 individuals aged 60y and older who were eligible for a booster dose were followed between July 30 and August 22, 2021. We defined dynamic cohorts where individuals initially belong to the ‘non-booster’ cohort, leave it when receiving the booster dose and join the ‘booster’ cohort 12 days later. Rates of infection and severe COVID-19 outcomes per person-days at risk were compared between the cohorts using Poisson regression, adjusting for possible confounding factors. 

Results: Twelve days or more after the booster dose we found an 11.4-fold (95% CI: [10.0, 12.9]) decrease in the relative risk of confirmed infection, and a >10-fold decrease in the relative risk of severe illness. Under a conservative sensitivity analysis, we find ?5-fold protection against confirmed infection. 

Conclusions: In conjunction with safety reports, this study demonstrates the effectiveness of a third vaccine dose in both reducing transmission and severe disease and indicates the great potential of curtailing the Delta variant resurgence by administering booster shots.

Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:17pm
The latest science from North America indicates that booster vaccines are useful and helpful in preventing severe disease and death in people over 60 and immunocompromised people.  Not enough data yet to say yes/no on people between 12-60.

Which is....unsurprising, really.  Annoying to awful for people who cannot handle jabs (and I'm not throwing shade at people who are), but not surprising.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:26pm
Yes as I posted a few times the CDC and FDA are pumping the brakes on boosters outside vulnerable groups who may not get enough antibodies created from the two. It is the White House frustrated at strong vaccine resistance that is pushing boosters to fortify all double vaccinated people from breakthrough COVID due to the large amount of active virus generated by that unvaccinated 25%.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Kimberley Mine Kimberley Mine wrote:

The latest science from North America indicates that booster vaccines are useful and helpful in preventing severe disease and death in people over 60 and immunocompromised people.  Not enough data yet to say yes/no on people between 12-60.

Which is....unsurprising, really.  Annoying to awful for people who cannot handle jabs (and I'm not throwing shade at people who are), but not surprising.

I've had so many needles in my life, I don't even turn a hair at getting one.

When I had DVT, the pathologist used to take at least four goes to find a vein to draw blood. I would just sit patiently until it was done.  It's amazing how you get used to things if you don't pre-worry about them.

As I told my needle phobia daughter: "The jab takes all of ten seconds, the worry over it takes control of your sanity. Just don't think about it and get the bloody thing done." 

She gets tattoos, with little worry. Figure that out.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
Tattoos dont have microchips.

My niece is the same.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:23pm
Those covid jabs are a whole different beast though, right JJ?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:34pm
 especially with an extra long needle and a sadistic needle-giver...Embarrassed
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm
I had the first one and never even felt it
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:30pm
 My daughter just returned from shopping at Pacific Square, Maroubra Junction. She said she couldn't buy our bread from Baker's Delight, because it was closed for cleaning, with a possible covid contact. The sushi place nearby was also closed for the same reason. Both stores are directly next to Coles, so one might assume whomever caused those two stores to close, might have also been there...or at any other of the dozen or more stores in the complex. 

I immediately looked on the NSW health site, but there was no mention of any contamination at this shopping complex. (It has been a site of contamination in the past) Nevertheless, if you google Covid cases by postcode, Maroubra and its surrounding suburbs are listed as having 31 cases, today, and 177 for the week. 

So, is NSW health not keeping up? Or have they given up on Sydney, itself. Its site is cluttered with endless country sites of contamination, but virtually none in Sydney. 

The site I managed to get my information from, had this disclaimer: *Many cases aren’t uploaded by NSW Health within 1 day, meaning today’s numbers appear lower than their final values."

So, NSW health is delivering to this site, but not on their own one.

bizarre.

Thumbs Down

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:31pm

Case locations in metropolitan Sydney

In metropolitan Sydney, contact tracing will now focus on people potentially exposed to a case:

• in their household
  • at work
  • in a high-risk facility, such as:
    • healthcare or aged care facility
    • school
    • childcare centre
    • any location where transmission has been identified or is considered to be likely to occur.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:38pm
Didn't NSW stop updating exposure sites a while ago?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:49pm
No, they still do it but there may be a delay, not in real time, and not every site is listed. Seems to only be more serious ones with thousands a week possible if they wanted to do them all.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:51pm
NSW is at the stage that contact tracers are overwhelmed. If they just listed everything on suspicion, there wouldn't be anything left open at all.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:57pm

No, they still do it but there may be a delay, not in real time, and not every site is listed. Seems to only be more serious ones with thousands a week possible if they wanted to do them all.

ahh, ok Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Didn't NSW stop updating exposure sites a while ago?

they are certainly updating exposure sites in country towns.

There are hundreds of them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>