Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Hit (and Miss) Parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hit (and Miss) Parade
    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:53pm
This'll possibly qualify for the Sad Threads, but what the heck it's just a bit of fun.

So, drum roll if you please, here we have (now wait for it) this month's least popular threads in Joff's All Sports Bar.  Make of it what you will: all comments more than welcome.  Smile

Thread                                Poster                       Replies

The Pharmacist                 Redemption 1

Pumped Hydro                  Tlaz 1

Fair Phone                         Redemption 2

Hungary now…                  Redemption 3

Holden                              Redemption 5

Rugby Championship      Afros 6

Parade St Kilda                  Baghdad Bob 6

GOAT                                Dr E 6

The Puppet Master         Oneonesit 6

Hidden Camera                 Redemption 8             

Julia Gillard                      Baghdad Bob 8

Ashton Turner                   Baghdad Bob 12

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:01pm
Pumped hydro will rise again.Thumbs Up
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:07pm
My AFLM thread got a second wind after being sacked to sad Threads. Now has 2 pages..anything is possible.Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:11pm
The surprise in that list is that oneone only had one crap thread. I would have had him down for 3 or 4 if forced to guess. But then he just seems to have more threads because he consolidates all his crap into the Folau thread, regardless of context, to keep the page count up there.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:21pm
Rather than start another sad thread I will ask here - does anybody access this site on an Android phone with Android 9 or 10? I've just moved from Android 6 to 9 and it won't let me on this HTTP site - "Clear Text not permitted"
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:28pm
Tlaz you're as bad as me! (what's the roll eyes emoticon again?)

But droids or androids aside, have just noticed that a couple of members feature very prominently in the Top 10.  Probably just coincidence.  Big smile  Wink
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Rather than start another sad thread I will ask here - does anybody access this site on an Android phone with Android 9 or 10? I've just moved from Android 6 to 9 and it won't let me on this HTTP site - "Clear Text not permitted"

Try this solution:

https://medium.com/@son.rommer/fix-cleartext-traffic-error-in-android-9-pie-2f4e9e2235e6

You need to set a parameter for cleartextTrafficPermitted to “true” in

res/xml/network_security_config.xml

Video in Hindu-Englysh

How To Fix ERR_CLEARTEXT_NOT_PERMITTED On Android - YouTube
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:44pm
I'd like to know how Second Chance believes she has the authority to be a TBV Statistical Expert ? Took me years to get that job Ouch
Refer ALP Election Promises
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

This'll possibly qualify for the Sad Threads, but what the heck it's just a bit of fun.

So, drum roll if you please, here we have (now wait for it) this month's least popular threads in Joff's All Sports Bar.  Make of it what you will: all comments more than welcome.  Smile

Thread                                Poster                       Replies

The Pharmacist                 Redemption 1

Pumped Hydro                  Tlaz 1

Fair Phone                         Redemption 2

Hungary now…                  Redemption 3

Holden                              Redemption 5

Rugby Championship      Afros 6

Parade St Kilda                  Baghdad Bob 6

GOAT                                Dr E 6

The Puppet Master         Oneonesit 6

Hidden Camera                 Redemption 8             

Julia Gillard                      Baghdad Bob 8

Ashton Turner                   Baghdad Bob 12

SC, what none of your own ?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:06pm
Didnt even make the sad thread.
Straight to the laundry basket...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:13pm
I could have answered my last post myself. SC you have none of your own in that list, because I have gone back over the last 10 pages in Joffs All Sports Bar and you have NOT commenced ONE thread, although you have come in numerous times to snipe at others who endeavor to keep the forum going, create content. How about stop bagging others and start a thread .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:41pm
Read the opening to the thread Bob.It's just a bit of fun.  

ps give us all a big kiss.  Big smile

Or if not just kiss off.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:44pm
A bit of fun, all at the expense of contributors who you bag. No Whale nor PT on the list ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:49pm
Sorry Bob, they don't appear to start no interest threads.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:58pm
Have you checked out the Trump threads Bob? They will soon be released in a box set. 1,000 pages in total over 5 fabulous volumes.Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:00pm
Yeah, they're big (as opposed to minimal) interest threads.

But keep 'em coming Bob.  Star
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

A bit of fun, all at the expense of contributors who you bag. No Whale nor PT on the list ?

Gosh you are a humourless bore. I have included myself and PT in Sad Threads, just because we are not as prolific as you , well Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:41pm
This is great, there hasn't been a thread exiled down here for yonks. Does this mean we can really take the shackles off now. Will be like the good old days Smile
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:05pm
No that is not what it means whale
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 9:11pm
Clap
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 12:18pm
Did anyone notice that Redemption had five of the top ten in the Hit Parade?

The last time that happened was the Beatles in 1965.Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 12:25pm
A very consistent performer, but Bobby is giving her a run for her money. Maybe he needs a lucky number tipping thread to get him out of his rut.
 Post Reply Post Reply