Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Greens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

When I did Lit at uni the "poetry" was all about stuff like this:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45502/the-red-wheelbarrow

you do know that The Red Wheelbarrow is often accompanied by an explanation...

Wink
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:30pm
Yep.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 1:02pm
 sometimes I think Sunny's posts, and Macca's, should come with explanations.

And Go Flash Go's need an interpreter.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:13pm
It's only the Greens thread, and the inner city greenies probably love these poems, so here's another of my favourites:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/56159/this-is-just-to-say

I wasn't joking that HS's submarine post could win a prize.

This one's better:
https://youtu.be/3KgB-sI2H-c

Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:01pm
jj gets plenty of practice in posting to allegedly get it right.
Im sure i could get  a book published to
if I paid the publisher.
The question is the book has to be bought.....

I'm researching subjects.
If I suddenly seem worldly wise you know the research is coming on.
LOL
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:19pm
Speaking of beaten women, here's a good one - Somewhere That's Green.
https://youtu.be/ouLiQ7KhmYU
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

jj gets plenty of practice in posting, to allegedly get it right.
I'm sure i could get  a book published to
if I paid the publisher.
The question is, the book has to be bought.....

I'm researching subjects.
If I suddenly seem worldly-wise, you know the research is coming on.
LOL

I did your editing for you.   JJ should be in capitals. I'm has an apostrophe. Worldly-wise is hyphenated. 

'The question is, the book has to be bought'...isn't a question.  I'd suggest: 'The question is, can the book be good enough to be bought?' 

I put in several appropriate commas. Commas are a vital part of any sentence. A wrongly placed comma...or an un-placed comma...can mean a world of difference.  

Please don't bother writing a book, unless you are prepared to pay for an editor...which I have never needed to do. I edit my own. 

I'm available for a fee of $1000, if you're interested. 

Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 7:42am
Hijacking the Greens thread stayer?

A tad hypocritical wouldn't you say?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:41am
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:43am
https://youtu.be/ouLiQ7KhmYU
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:45pm

Last week, when Christian Porter was under attack for using a blind trust to help pay for his defamation case against the ABC, the former attorney-general and industry minister received some free advice on how to finance litigation.

It came from Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young who won $120,000 in damages when she was defamed by former senator David Leyonhjelm.

Hanson-Young told her Twitter followers on September 15: “FYI when I took legal action after suffering harassment in the parliament, I was able to do so with the support of a crowdfund.

“Hundreds of Australians contributed to that fund and I am forever grateful. These donors have been listed on the parliament register, as they should be.”

Now consider Hanson-Young’s entry on the register of interests.

Hanson-Young’s entry shows the senator has allowed a handful of financial backers to hide their identities behind obviously fake names such as Phoenix The whippet girl” and “Poopy Head”.

Some of the names that appear on Hanson-Young’s register of financial backers are either blatantly fake or too obscure to provide any guide as to the donors’ true identities.

They include: A Non, John51884010, Mary W, Anna B, Buzz Rainbow wolf, Geoff CB, Anne5597418226387985, Xander B, M G, stef stef, Dave C, Bin H, Nikki, E T and Leanne W.

For the senator to view this as somehow superior to Porter’s blind trust is ludicrous.

It would be nice to know, for example, why she accepted money from Poopy Head.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:50pm
How does the MINISTERIAL code of conduct apply to SHY?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:59pm
It  doesn't.

ps Bob: you're quoting right wing media without attribution once again.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:01pm
I'm gonna guess that's article from somewhere? And an embarrassing one at that
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm
No mate.  From a typical rather than embarrassing source.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:33pm
The embarrassing Matt Canavan, the illegal Italian immigrant was trying to sell that SHY bag of stinky goods on afternoon briefing on Tuesday or Wednnesday and it was given the treatment it deserved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm
Gotta love those National Party ignorami Senators.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:59pm
Quite the piece of work, got caught out lying in the citizenship fiasco and blamed his old mum for secretly making him an Italian citizen. Like whose mum has't done that?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

How does the MINISTERIAL code of conduct apply to SHY?

All members of parliament are subject to that code of conduct. Members of the government are not the only members of parliament who are vulnerable to influence .Think for moment, to get a party endorsement to stand for parliament deals are done and have to be repaid later in some way. Do you really think an endorsed union delegate for an election does not owe something to his union ? 
You rub my back and I will rub yours.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It  doesn't.

Chris Merritt , vice-president of the Rule of Law Institute of Australia.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:06pm
If you are correct and there is consistency, Mr Porter should soon be former MP Porter for not disclosing his donor list(unlike SHY did) and he should refund the million to whomever gave it to him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

It  doesn't.

Chris Merritt , vice-president of the Rule of Law Institute of Australia.

The Rule of Law Institute of Australia is an independent, politically non-partisan, not-for-profit body formed to uphold the rule of law in Australia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

If you are correct and there is consistency, Mr Porter should soon be former MP Porter for not disclosing his donor list(unlike SHY did) and he should refund the million to whomever gave it to him.

SHY, donors included  A Non,  John51884010,  Mary W,  Anna B,  Buzz Rainbow wolf,  Geoff CB, Anne5597418226387985,  Xander B , M G,  stef stef,  Dave C,  Bin H, Nikki,  E T  and Leanne W.
Come on that is not disclosure , she should have kept her mouth shut and she would have not been such a  hypocrite.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:19pm
Poetry ...love it ..
When I woke up this morning and looked up at the clock ,

The time was only 5am and I couldn't find my sock ,

So I rolled across beside , Darlings didn't give a peep ,

And I had really done the job , before she came from sleep .

I'll get the cabbages into the next verse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
An article published, surprise surprise, as an "opinion piece" in the forever right wing The Australian broadsheet rag. 

And one always knows that an "opinion piece" is little more than party political cant, almost irrespective of the author's own clear political inclination.  It's why the Hun continues to publish Kennett "opinion pieces".  Disapprove
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:36pm

An article published, surprise surprise, as an "opinion piece" in the forever right wing The Australian broadsheet rag. 

And one always knows that an "opinion piece" is little more than party political cant, almost irrespective of the author's own clear political inclination.  It's why the Hun continues to publish Kennett "opinion pieces".  Disapprove

I have no idea of his political inclination, I took his opinion piece, in view of his vice-presidency  of the Rule of Law Institute of Australia, on face value.
They probably continue to publish Kennett opinion pieces for the same reason they publish the opinion pieces of Theo Theophanous the former Leader of the  ALP Opposition in the Victorian Legislative Council from 1993 to 1999. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm
And Theo a disaffected Labor person.  Who would've thought?  Shocked
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:48pm
He is VERY religious. A friend of Alan Jones too. Sounds like a decent bloke then LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:57pm

And Theo a disaffected Labor person.  Who would've thought?  Shocked
Don't about Theophanous being a "disaffected Labour person ", if you consider The Age as a mouth piece for Labour, okay, but here are the facts for his departure from parliament.

In December 2008 Theo Theophanous resigned as a Minister in the Brumby Government as a result of impending court proceedings based on an allegation by a woman living in Greece of an incident of rape 10 years earlier.

On 24 July 2009, the charge against him was dismissed after the magistrate ruled that 'the prosecution's case was not sustainable on the evidence at any level" and that it lacked "credibility, reliability and truthfulness". The magistrate criticized the complainant for "possible coercion" of witnesses and the Victoria Police  for "benign acceptance of her allegations without objectivity", describing the complainant's evidence as "unreliable" and "concocted".

Theophanous sought an adjudication from the Australian Press Council in relation to articles published in The Age newspaper which he claimed were false and based in part on an undisclosed conflict of interest  by Age journalist Carolyn Webb who was a friend of the complainant. The Australian Press Council upheld the major complaints by Theophanous and their findings. 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:17pm
Does SH-Y's register entry reveal the size of the donations? What was the biggest?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>