Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Greens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Greens
    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:00am
We all know how high profile Greens like Bandt and Di Natalie are out of touch with reality and live in their own world , however the latest attempt by unknown Green councillors on the Melbourne City Council takes Green philosophy to an even greater level of stupidity.
Councillor Rohan Leppert on Tuesday proposed a motion before council that the annual Melbourne Cup Parade through the Melbourne CBD on Cup Eve should not be held and that ratepayers should not be helping to fund a “cruel” industry.
The motion was lost 7-3.
I do not know how that motion would have gone over with all those ratepayers in the CBD, the vast majority would be retailers or food vendors, who benefit by those attending the parade.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:08am
was it really necessary to start a thread, there are plenty of other threads you could have posted ?
Just fuelling your obsessions I guess Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:18am
Says Mr "Sad Thread" & Mr "Here is the News"  Ouch 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
Stick to your daily jog/ fast walking Whale
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Stick to your daily jog/ fast walking Whale

sure fatso, whatever you say LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
No need to quote a post directly above Whale. You don't take direction very well do you !
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:28am

just trying to save him from making the mistakes I have made Wink, or more pertinently the mistakes you have made, King of the sad threads LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:29am

No need to quote a post directly above Whale. You don't take direction very well do you !

sorry, what are you saying ? 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:37am

Are you suggesting that it could have gone into the News thread?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
Take your pick:

News Thread
How Dumb are the Greens?
Greens For Real?
Adam Bandt
Racehorse Slaughter
Sad Threads
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
I think the News thread is under - appreciated, perfect for a topic like this Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:50am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:12pm
Bob is putting in a late bid for the ribbon for most threads 2019.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:18pm
Running is too strenuous in your physical condition oneone. You should try yoga, less stressful on your heart.

Image result for how to do yoga gif
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:20pm
Now That takes a bit of topping.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:22pm
Have you blokes ( SC & PT ) thought that by my posting under that new thread of "The Greens", rather than some long forgotten thread, I am doing so to intentionally agitate you ?

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Running is too strenuous in your physical condition oneone. You should try yoga, less stressful on your heart.

Image result for how to do yoga gif

Thats a massive LOL.
Post of the month.
Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Have you blokes ( SC & PT ) thought that by my posting under that new thread of "The Greens", rather than some long forgotten thread, I am doing so to intentionally agitate you ?

Related image
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:48pm
Back to the content of my post, a bit more on councilor Rohan Leppert .

The fact he campaigned for Adam Bandt was enough for me to turn off my corn flakes this morning. No doubt he did not back the winner of the Melbourne Cup and is dirty on the racing industry, however he
seems to be an "arty" type of person, at one time stood for mayor and if he had won he would made history in Melbourne to be elected as the first openly gay lord mayor .
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 1:16pm
Back from my jog/ walk, threw up, I feel great now Smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don't forget your medication ... Including a few finger nails .
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Related image

The old “I did it on purpose to see if you’d notice” excuse. Has anyone in the history of the world ever bought that?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don't forget your medication ... Including a few finger nails .
Macca rouses from his stupor a few times a day to "contribute " his wisdom LOL

But seriously, they put dogs and cats out of their misery  Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
And Bob himself started the rather less than stellar Adam Brandt thread about two weeks ago.  LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:20pm
Since when has Adam Bandt being a Greens member on the Melbourne City Council ? Green members of that council proposed the cancellation of the Melbourne Cup Eve Parade, that was the content of my initial post.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
Well Bandt got a big mention in your post Bob.  But more importantly consider this word or concept: narrative.

You're not sure what it means, well this should assist: spoken or written account of connected events; a linked story.  Or to put it the reverse way, you post any number of one-off efforts which within themselves are narrow and without context.  However by combining them all a related and moving story is presented.  

That's narrative Bob.  You should try it someday.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Well Bandt got a big mention in your post Bob.  But more importantly consider this word or concept: narrative.

You're not sure what it means, well this should assist: spoken or written account of connected events; a linked story.  Or to put it the reverse way, you post any number of one-off efforts which within themselves are narrow and without context.  However by combining them all a related and moving story is presented.  

That's narrative Bob.  You should try it someday.  Wink

We all know how high profile Greens like Bandt and Di Natalie are out of touch with reality and live in their own world 

SC,that was my initial post, it was hardly a "big mention ", a mention yes, but hardly big.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm
Maybe so Big Bob.

But consider this: the Pell thread for example has survived marvelously in one piece despite opinion here and there by people of the Right (who you embrace) those of Labor supporters (who you don't) and Greens (who you despise).  Critically there's not another thread as every turn in the road occurs or a disparate leftie opinion is expressed. 

It's a great inclusive thread.  It's narrative writ large.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:48pm
ps but all that aside, long may you post here BD. Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:57pm
SC. no worries, if this forum did not have posters of the all political persuasions right it would eventually die. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter between posters of those varying political persuasions to keep the forum alive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>