Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Cleaner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 8:45pm
What is wrong with the comment? No longer competitive in metro grade.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

The NQ cups circuit would suit him nicely now.

You think that's fair comment from Gldey DD?  Very Xtravagant contribution from you one would have thought. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:00pm
Why we are we talking about Xtravagant, is career is going the same direction as the Cleaners. I wad all over Bon Aurum today and took the till.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:06pm
He battled on ok - they should take a few notches back.  Either Listed or Welter class
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I was all over Bon Aurum today and took the till.

Bon Aurum?  Totally irrelevant, along with your losers today.  

Have you a more considered response to the suggestion The Cleaner should run in North Queensland cups for a $10k prize?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I was all over Bon Aurum today and took the till.

Bon Aurum?  Totally irrelevant, along with your losers today.  

Wasn't too many losers luckily
doubledown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doubledown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 10:38pm

Lol metro grade? Nice fishing.

Good to see the old boy still racing well, has just lost that 2-3 lengths in age that prevents him from featuring in the finish of the good races. Take it back a notch and I'm sure he could salute again.
@underthewhip
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:06pm
Might be worth mentioning that Mick said he had had enough . perhaps he was right.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by doubledown doubledown wrote:

Lol metro grade? Nice fishing.

Good to see the old boy still racing well, has just lost that 2-3 lengths in age that prevents him from featuring in the finish of the good races. Take it back a notch and I'm sure he could salute again.

Maybe going to Cranbourne next start. I think that track maybe provincial??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:16pm
However it's hardly North Queensland.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:17pm
Races like Cranbourne, Bendigo and Ballarat cups would suit his level
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:20pm
I wasn't happy that the owner wanted him to race again. However, I liked the decent spell the Gelagotis boys gave the horse, and he ran well enough today for me to have no issue with him still running around.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:28pm
Good point Djebel.

I think the Gel Boys thought they were getting an easy kill a group race or two.

Unfortunetly he is finished.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:34pm
Djebel?  He's a fine poster but what "good point" of his are you referring to here? 
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 11:52pm
There is zero issue with this horse competing at this level or a rung below. He beat home 3 Group 1 winners today. Think the questions should be thrown at them. The male 4yo stayers this season have been dreadful, off the top my head.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 12:11am

Djebel?  He's a fine poster but what "good point" of his are you referring to here? 

Bondy?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:30am
Not up to the top grade, never was.

Very much doubt that the owners were naive enough to think that they could "improve" him.

He's fit now, find him a suitable G2 or 3 on a leader biased tack, and he will be competitive ... I'll back him, and we will all get overs!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:07am

Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

The NQ cups circuit would suit him nicely now.

You think that's fair comment from Gldey DD?  Very Xtravagant contribution from you one would have thought. 
Wouldn't matter what I write really . It was tongue in cheek , not everyone would be perceptive enough to see that.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:23pm
Does anyone know if he is running at Moe tomorrow or are they waiting for Saturday At Caulfield ?

Cheers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:37pm
Manny Gelagotis ‏@hvasstan  12s

The Cleaner will be running on Saturday at Caulfield ! Just to give the punters the heads up for the weekend & wont run in the Moe Cup

reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:20pm
Thanks for that
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:46am
Gelagotis's i'm not the biggest fans of, but i am very glad that they are giving him 3 weeks between runs, given his age and racing style.

Has had wide barrier last two starts, but all 3 this prep he has finished under 4 lengths.

I don't care what others think, i consider him a legend, yes his racing record isn't at that level, but like horses such as Mustard, to me, there is more to being a legend then just winning several group 1's.

I never want a horse be euthanized prematurely, but of all horses, i really, truly hope nothing happens to this guy, and that i only hear about his passing in 15+ years.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:00am
Is it possible he is missing his old mate Mick Burles?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:31pm
Beaten before the turn, and hopefully connections find him a good paddock.

skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:34pm
Are any of the front running types doing anything today? Not making excuses, just curious if the wind may have effected things?
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:37pm
Didn't seem to worry Good Standing.

Writing on the wall if you ask me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:38pm
Tom Melbourne sat outside him.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:38pm
Needs some weaker company . Would be suited to the weak staying grade in Adelaide but rating is too high
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm
Retiring to Living Legends in advice from the Gelagotis brothers
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 5:59pm
Well played boys.

Look forward to seeing him there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>