Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Biden Presidency
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

banner ad

The Biden Presidency

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 203>
Author
Message
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:17am

What we know about Biden’s first-day checklist


All US presidential candidates have an ambitious list of tasks they promise to accomplish on the first day of their presidency. Whether or not they can actually fit a few hours of work between their noon inauguration and the evening galas, the promised Day One agenda is filled with items of heightened importance to their electoral base. Often, they involve reversing unpopular actions of their predecessors and can be accomplished by executive order without waiting for Congress.

President-elect Joe Biden’s to-do list is particularly long. Between the items he specifically identified as day one tasks and other urgent matters, it’s likely accomplishing them all will occupy his first weeks and months in office.

Here’s some of what’s on his Day One agenda.

Combat coronavirus 

Rejoin the WHO  

On July 7, president Donald Trump announced that he was withdrawing the US from the World Health Organization (WHO) on the grounds that the agency was biased towards China. That same day, Joe Biden vowed to reverse that decision on his first day as president. Though Trump had a point—China did stymie WHO’s early efforts to get data on Covid-19 cases—it’s clear that more global coordination, not less, is the key to combating this and any future pandemics.

Federal mask mandate

Biden has said that even before inauguration, he’d reach out Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease specialist, for advice on how to combat the pandemic. One recommendation Fauci has endorsed before: make masks mandatory.

In October, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stopped just short of recommending one, instead issuing a “strong recommendation” for mask use on transportation such as planes, trains, and ride-share vehicles. Widespread use of masks could save 130,000 lives by March, according to a recent study.

Biden, who has positioned himself as a pro-science candidate, has already said that he would issue an executive order requiring masks on federal property, which would include transportation as the CDC recommends. This could have a snowball effect on state and local governments that don’t already have such policies in place.

Start repairing the US’s reputation

Call up NATO 

After four years of Trump’s disparagement of the military alliance and its members in public—and threatening to withdraw from it in private—Biden said on Day One he’ll reassure the US’s allies that “we’re back and you can count on us again.

This might be the easiest task on Biden’s Day One list, since there’s a good chance that many of the leaders will either call to offer congratulations or attend his inauguration. NATO allies are eager to welcome the US back into the fold, and will schedule a summit for March to reaffirm the US’s leadership of the alliance.

Rejoin the Paris climate accord 

After a year-long waiting period, the US officially left the Paris climate agreement on Nov. 4. While it took a while for Trump to finalize the exit, the landmark international effort to curb greenhouse gas emissions has few restrictions on countries that want to join—or re-join. Biden has promised to do so, and on Day One or soon thereafter he could submit a notice to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change that the US intends to reenter the agreement. After a quick 30-day waiting period, the country would be back in. Up next, he’d need to file a new emissions-reduction pledge for 2030.

Keep more fossil fuels in the ground

In a July 14 speech, Biden promised that if elected, he would “reverse Trump’s rollbacks of 100 public health and environmental rules,” many accomplished (and easily undone) by no-fuss executive orders. High on the list could be rollbacks that Trump used to enable fossil fuel extraction, like orders that allowed oil and gas companies to speed through permitting processes for new pipelines. Biden could also issue a number of his own executive orders to reduce extraction, like directing the Department of the Interior to halt oil and gas leases and fracking on federal lands.

Start restoring protections for Americans

Expand and codify ethics standards

As part of a broad effort to restore faith in the federal government, Biden will demand that all members of his administration sign an ethics “pledge,” based on an order Barack Obama issued as president in 2009. The pledge requires appointees in the executive branch to refuse gifts from lobbyists. It also promises to end the revolving door of government officials becoming lobbyists (and vice versa) within two years of leaving their positions.

Though some progressives have argued Biden’s proposed ethics reforms don’t go far enough, most agree he urgently needs to rebuild the executive’s credibility following the Trump administration, which was riddled with conflicts of interest, along with credible reports of corruption.

Restore transgender students’ rights

In May 2016, Obama’s education department issued guidance that required any school receiving funds from the federal government to extend protections to transgender students, including allowing them to access bathrooms and locker rooms, and participate in sports based on their gender identitites. Trump and his education secretary, Betsy DeVos, promptly revoked that guidance.

Biden says he’ll reinstate those protections on his first day in office and direct his education department to “vigorously enforce and investigate violations of transgender students’ civil rights.” He’s consistently advocated for LGBT rights on the campaign trail, telling one mother with a trans daughter that he’d “flat out change the law.”

Make DACA permanent

The US Supreme Court dealt a blow to Trump’s agenda this June when it blocked the administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA). Enacted by Obama in 2012, it shielded some 700,000 young adults who were brought to the US as children and grew up in the country but did not have legal citizenship. Without that protection, they could lose the ability to work or attend school, and would become eligible for deportation.

After the court’s ruling, Biden vowed he would try to pass the protections into law. “As President, I will immediately work to make it permanent by sending a bill to Congress on day one of my Administration,” he said in a statement. He has also pledged to create a task force by executive order focused on reuniting immigrant children separated from their families at the US-Mexico border.

End the “Muslim ban”

Biden said it was “vile” for Trump to ban entry to the US from several predominately Muslim countries during a speech in July and promised to overturn the restrictions on his first day.

The so-called Muslim ban was one of Trump’s first acts upon taking office, created through executive order. Originally it sought to restrict travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries from coming into the US for 90 days, blocked all Syrian refugees indefinitely, and barred other refugees for 120 days. But after a series of court challenges, it was altered to target entrants from six mostly Muslim countries as well as North Korea and certain officials from Venezuela. The US Supreme Court upheld that version of the ban in June 2018.

Eliminate restrictions on union workers

Biden would eliminate restrictions on federal workers unions imposed by Trump, including limiting the time workers can spend on union business. It’s part of the president-elect’s broader plan to strengthen union organizing. “The federal government should serve as a role model for employers to treat their workers fairly,” it reads.

2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links
banner ad

Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 32948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:36am
I don't see anything there about deporting Rupert Murdoch ?
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:44am
Steve Bannon has Rupe in his cross-hairs. 
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 26 Feb 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 7506
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:05pm
Murdoch is an American citizen max
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 32948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:08pm
I realise that horlicks, I was using dramatic licence
Back to Top
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 40962
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:14pm
WOOOHOOOOOO..!!!! finally the fascist orange clown can be removed and the steam cleaners can begin their arduous task of removing the filth from the Whitehouse. Good riddance to Trump and all his cronies, especially Kushner, y'all are going bye bye. The voters have spoken and they spoke with their vote, out with pain lies and fear, in with peace, love and prosperity. Time to set renewals with allies, move on climate change action and the Paris accord, start with policing overhauls and less brutality. Equality for all people no matter where they are from.

Don't ever forget this greatest of great days..congrats Joe and Kamala..!!!!!!!! 
Back to Top
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 26336
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:26pm
Gooday Fiddler. Hope you stay down here for a while - we need a bit more of your enthusiasm  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
Back to Top
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 29 Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 14360
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 1:45pm
Just learnt the story behind having Coldplay as the walk off music. Really sweet.
I wish I had a sig
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:11pm
His son's favorite song?
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 29 Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 14360
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:36pm
Favourite band. Chris Martin played at his funeral
I wish I had a sig
Back to Top
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 13 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 17303
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 4:53pm
This is a more appropriate thread I reckon Wink I see Mr Buffett has just spent 9 Billion buying his stock back Berk. Hath. the smell of confidence sneaking back methinks. Smile
Back to Top
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Location: Sydney
Status: Offline
Points: 7933
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 5:28pm
Just means he’s got excess cash, and nothing he wants to invest in...
Back to Top
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 13 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 17303
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 5:33pm
Certainly a bit of excess rusty LOL nice to have it though.
Back to Top
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Australia
Status: Online
Points: 25645
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:16am
2 faced Lindsey Graham tearing up talking about Joe Biden, as good a man as God ever created.

"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:22am
Soon as Trump is done completely, Lady G Lindsey will be humping Joes leg begging him to let him caddie for him too.
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 32948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

2 faced Lindsey Graham tearing up talking about Joe Biden, as good a man as God ever created.

But...but..."we don't agree on much"  

Try and digest that seeming contradiction.
Back to Top
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:48am
Emperor Trump has been in office for 3½ years.... what has he done? Other than dodging the darts the media and Pelosi have thrown?!?

What has PRESIDENT TRUMP and his cabinet accomplished.....

Here you go:

1. Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.

2. Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.

3. Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.

4. Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected.

5. Trump signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal.

6. Trump’s EPA gave $100 million to fix the water infrastructure problem in Flint, Michigan.

7. Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.

8. Trump signed a law ending the gag orders on Pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving information.

9. Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.

10. Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding Moms.

11. The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country's highest-paid workers.

12. Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and from corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.

13. Trump signed the biggest wilderness protection & conservation bill in a decade and designated 375,000 acres as protected land.

14. Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic & garbage from the ocean.

15. He signed a bill this year allowing some drug imports from Canada so that prescription prices would go down.

16. Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much less providers charge insurance companies.

17. When signing that bill he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance.

18. Hospitals will now be required to post their standard charges for services, which include the discounted price a hospital is willing to accept.

19. In the eight years prior to President Trump’s inauguration, prescription drug prices increased by an average of 3.6% per year. Under Trump, drug prices have seen year-over-year declines in nine of the last ten months, with a 1.1% drop as of the most recent month.

20. He created a White House VA Hotline to help veterans and principally staffed it with veterans and direct family members of veterans.

21. VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,000 VA employees removed, demoted, and suspended so far.

22. Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life.

23. Because of a bill signed and championed by Trump, In 2020, most federal employees will see their pay increase by an average of 3.1% — the largest raise in more than 10 years.

24. Trump signed into a law up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for millions of federal workers.

25. Trump administration will provide HIV prevention drugs for free to 200,000 uninsured patients per year for 11 years.

26. All-time record sales during the 2019 holidays.

27. Trump signed an order allowing small businesses to group together when buying insurance to get a better price.

28. President Trump signed the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that provides funding for states to develop maternal mortality reviews to better understand maternal complications and identify solutions & largely focuses on reducing the higher mortality rates for Black Americans.

29. In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill which enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.

30. The First Step Act’s reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes.

31. The First Step Act expanded judicial discretion in sentencing of non-violent crimes.

32. Over 90% of those benefitting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans.

33. The First Step Act provides rehabilitative programs to inmates, helping them successfully rejoin society and not return to crime.

34. Trump increased funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by more than 14%.

35. Trump signed legislation forgiving Hurricane Katrina debt that threatened HBCUs.

36. New single-family home sales are up 31.6% in October 2019 compared to just one year ago.

37. Made HBCUs a priority by creating the position of executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs.

38. Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at a historically black college for his criminal justice reform accomplishments.

39. The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment.

40. Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data.

41. President Trump signed a bill that creates five national monuments, expands several national parks, adds 1.3 million acres of wilderness, and permanently reauthorizes the Land and Water Conservation Fund.

42. Trump’s USDA committed $124 Million to rebuild rural water infrastructure.

43. Consumer confidence & small business confidence is at an all-time high.

44. More than 7 million jobs created since election.

45. More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

46. More than 400,000 manufacturing jobs created since his election.

47. Trump appointed 5 openly gay ambassadors.

48. Trump ordered Ric Grenell, his openly gay ambassador to Germany, to lead a global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality across the globe.

49. Through Trump’s Anti-Trafficking Coordination Team (ACTeam) initiative, Federal law enforcement more than doubled convictions of human traffickers and increased the number of defendants charged by 75% in ACTeam districts.

50. In 2018, the Department of Justice (DOJ) dismantled an organization that was the internet’s leading source of prostitution-related advertisements resulting in sex trafficking.

51. Trump’s OMB published new anti-trafficking guidance for government procurement officials to more effectively combat human trafficking.

52. Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations arrested 1,588 criminals associated with Human Trafficking.

53. Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services provided funding to support the National Human Trafficking Hotline to identify perpetrators and give victims the help they need.

54. The hotline identified 16,862 potential human trafficking cases.

55. Trump’s DOJ provided grants to organizations that support human trafficking victims – serving nearly 9,000 cases from July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018.

56. The Department of Homeland Security has hired more victim assistance specialists, helping victims get resources and support.

57. President Trump has called on Congress to pass school choice legislation so that no child is trapped in a failing school because of his or her zip code.

58. The President signed funding legislation in September 2018 that increased funding for school choice by $42 million.

59. The tax cuts signed into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education.

60. Under his leadership ISIS has lost most of their territory and been largely dismantled.

61. ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi was killed.

62. Signed the first Perkins CTE reauthorization since 2006, authorizing more than $1 billion for states each year to fund vocational and career education programs.

63. Executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers.

64. Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith.

65. Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism.

66. President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.

67. Trump imposed sanctions on the socialists in Venezuela who have killed their citizens.

68. Finalized new trade agreement with South Korea.

69. Made a deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe.

70. Withdrew the U.S. from the job killing TPP deal.

71. Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.

72. Okay’ d up to $12 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation.

73. Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed.

74. Trump signed the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades.

75. Trump secured Billions that will fund the building of a wall at our southern border.

76. The Trump Administration is promoting second chance hiring to give former inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives and find meaningful employment.

77. Trump’s DOJ and the Board Of Prisons launched a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners.

78. President Trump’s historic tax cut legislation included new Opportunity Zone Incentives to promote investment in low-income communities across the country.

79. 8,764 communities across the country have been designated as Opportunity Zones.

80. Opportunity Zones are expected to spur $100 billion in long-term private capital investment in economically distressed communities across the country.

81. Trump directed the Education Secretary to end Common Core.

82. Trump signed the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund into law.

83. Trump signed measure funding prevention programs for Veteran suicide.

84. Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the TCJA bill that Trump signed.

85. Manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest rate in more than 30 years.

86. Stock Market has reached record highs.

87. Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

88. African-American unemployment is at an all-time low.(was until Covid bullgelati)

89. Hispanic-American unemployment is at an all-time low.

90. Asian-American unemployment is at an all-time low.

91. Women’s unemployment rate is at a 65-year low.

92. Youth unemployment is at a 50-year low.

93. We have the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded.

94. The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans.

95. 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future— the highest ever.

96. As a result of the Republican tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

97. Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses.

98. Signed welfare reform requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work or look for work if they’re on welfare.

99. Under Trump, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history.

100. Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors 100’s of millions of $$$ this year alone.

101. Signed Right-To-Try legislation allowing terminally ill patients to try experimental treatment that wasn’t allowed before.

102. Secured $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

103. Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

104. U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high so we are less dependent on oil from the Middle East.

105. The U.S. is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

106. NATO allies increased their defense spending because of his pressure campaign.

107. Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord in 2017 and that same year the U.S. still led the world by having the largest reduction in Carbon emissions.

108. Has his circuit court judge nominees being confirmed faster than any other new administration.

109. Had his Supreme Court Justice’s Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh confirmed.

110. Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

111. Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and $$$ coming in.

112. Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

113. Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices, has agreed to a Part One trade deal with China.

114. Signed legislation to improve the National Suicide Hotline.

115. Signed the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever into law, which will advance childhood cancer research and improve treatments.

116. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by Trump doubled the maximum amount of the child tax credit available to parents and lifted the income limits so more people could claim it.

117. It also created a new tax credit for other dependents.

118. In 2018, President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to States to fund child care for low-income families.

119. The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care.

120. In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families.

121. In 2019 President Trump signed into law two funding packages providing nearly $19 million in new funding for Lupus specific research and education programs, as well an additional $41.7 billion in funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the most Lupus funding EVER.

122. Another upcoming accomplishment to add: In the next week or two Trump will be signing the first major anti-robocall law in decades called the TRACED Act (Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence.) Once it’s the law, the TRACED Act will extend the period of time the FCC has to catch & punish those who intentionally break telemarketing restrictions. The bill also requires voice service providers to develop a framework to verify calls are legitimate before they reach your phone.

123. US stock market continually hits all-time record highs.

v Because so many people asked for a document with all of this listed in one place, here it is. No links provided to remove bias — as Google search is easy. Print this out for family, friends, neighbors, etc. I encourage you to drop this list off to voters before the 2020 election, too!

v Trump did all of this while fighting flagrant abuse and impeachment charges.

v Banning trips from China and being called a racist for doing so, by Democrats, who would have quadrupled the Covid 19 cases by keeping America open.

Have a lovely day everyone
LOL
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:51am
Is spamming allowed now?
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 15203
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Emperor Trump has been in office for 3½ years.... what has he done? Other than dodging the darts the media and Pelosi have thrown?!?

What has PRESIDENT TRUMP and his cabinet accomplished.....

Here you go:

1. Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.

2. Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.

3. Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.

4. Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected.

5. Trump signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal.

6. Trump’s EPA gave $100 million to fix the water infrastructure problem in Flint, Michigan.

7. Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.

8. Trump signed a law ending the gag orders on Pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving information.

9. Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.

10. Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding Moms.

11. The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country's highest-paid workers.

12. Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and from corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.

13. Trump signed the biggest wilderness protection & conservation bill in a decade and designated 375,000 acres as protected land.

14. Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic & garbage from the ocean.

15. He signed a bill this year allowing some drug imports from Canada so that prescription prices would go down.

16. Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much less providers charge insurance companies.

17. When signing that bill he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance.

18. Hospitals will now be required to post their standard charges for services, which include the discounted price a hospital is willing to accept.

19. In the eight years prior to President Trump’s inauguration, prescription drug prices increased by an average of 3.6% per year. Under Trump, drug prices have seen year-over-year declines in nine of the last ten months, with a 1.1% drop as of the most recent month.

20. He created a White House VA Hotline to help veterans and principally staffed it with veterans and direct family members of veterans.

21. VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,000 VA employees removed, demoted, and suspended so far.

22. Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life.

23. Because of a bill signed and championed by Trump, In 2020, most federal employees will see their pay increase by an average of 3.1% — the largest raise in more than 10 years.

24. Trump signed into a law up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for millions of federal workers.

25. Trump administration will provide HIV prevention drugs for free to 200,000 uninsured patients per year for 11 years.

26. All-time record sales during the 2019 holidays.

27. Trump signed an order allowing small businesses to group together when buying insurance to get a better price.

28. President Trump signed the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that provides funding for states to develop maternal mortality reviews to better understand maternal complications and identify solutions & largely focuses on reducing the higher mortality rates for Black Americans.

29. In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill which enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.

30. The First Step Act’s reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes.

31. The First Step Act expanded judicial discretion in sentencing of non-violent crimes.

32. Over 90% of those benefitting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans.

33. The First Step Act provides rehabilitative programs to inmates, helping them successfully rejoin society and not return to crime.

34. Trump increased funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by more than 14%.

35. Trump signed legislation forgiving Hurricane Katrina debt that threatened HBCUs.

36. New single-family home sales are up 31.6% in October 2019 compared to just one year ago.

37. Made HBCUs a priority by creating the position of executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs.

38. Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at a historically black college for his criminal justice reform accomplishments.

39. The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment.

40. Poverty rates for African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data.

41. President Trump signed a bill that creates five national monuments, expands several national parks, adds 1.3 million acres of wilderness, and permanently reauthorizes the Land and Water Conservation Fund.

42. Trump’s USDA committed $124 Million to rebuild rural water infrastructure.

43. Consumer confidence & small business confidence is at an all-time high.

44. More than 7 million jobs created since election.

45. More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

46. More than 400,000 manufacturing jobs created since his election.

47. Trump appointed 5 openly gay ambassadors.

48. Trump ordered Ric Grenell, his openly gay ambassador to Germany, to lead a global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality across the globe.

49. Through Trump’s Anti-Trafficking Coordination Team (ACTeam) initiative, Federal law enforcement more than doubled convictions of human traffickers and increased the number of defendants charged by 75% in ACTeam districts.

50. In 2018, the Department of Justice (DOJ) dismantled an organization that was the internet’s leading source of prostitution-related advertisements resulting in sex trafficking.

51. Trump’s OMB published new anti-trafficking guidance for government procurement officials to more effectively combat human trafficking.

52. Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations arrested 1,588 criminals associated with Human Trafficking.

53. Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services provided funding to support the National Human Trafficking Hotline to identify perpetrators and give victims the help they need.

54. The hotline identified 16,862 potential human trafficking cases.

55. Trump’s DOJ provided grants to organizations that support human trafficking victims – serving nearly 9,000 cases from July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018.

56. The Department of Homeland Security has hired more victim assistance specialists, helping victims get resources and support.

57. President Trump has called on Congress to pass school choice legislation so that no child is trapped in a failing school because of his or her zip code.

58. The President signed funding legislation in September 2018 that increased funding for school choice by $42 million.

59. The tax cuts signed into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education.

60. Under his leadership ISIS has lost most of their territory and been largely dismantled.

61. ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi was killed.

62. Signed the first Perkins CTE reauthorization since 2006, authorizing more than $1 billion for states each year to fund vocational and career education programs.

63. Executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers.

64. Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith.

65. Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism.

66. President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.

67. Trump imposed sanctions on the socialists in Venezuela who have killed their citizens.

68. Finalized new trade agreement with South Korea.

69. Made a deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe.

70. Withdrew the U.S. from the job killing TPP deal.

71. Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.

72. Okay’ d up to $12 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation.

73. Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed.

74. Trump signed the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades.

75. Trump secured Billions that will fund the building of a wall at our southern border.

76. The Trump Administration is promoting second chance hiring to give former inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives and find meaningful employment.

77. Trump’s DOJ and the Board Of Prisons launched a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners.

78. President Trump’s historic tax cut legislation included new Opportunity Zone Incentives to promote investment in low-income communities across the country.

79. 8,764 communities across the country have been designated as Opportunity Zones.

80. Opportunity Zones are expected to spur $100 billion in long-term private capital investment in economically distressed communities across the country.

81. Trump directed the Education Secretary to end Common Core.

82. Trump signed the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund into law.

83. Trump signed measure funding prevention programs for Veteran suicide.

84. Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the TCJA bill that Trump signed.

85. Manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest rate in more than 30 years.

86. Stock Market has reached record highs.

87. Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

88. African-American unemployment is at an all-time low.(was until Covid bullgelati)

89. Hispanic-American unemployment is at an all-time low.

90. Asian-American unemployment is at an all-time low.

91. Women’s unemployment rate is at a 65-year low.

92. Youth unemployment is at a 50-year low.

93. We have the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded.

94. The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans.

95. 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future— the highest ever.

96. As a result of the Republican tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

97. Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses.

98. Signed welfare reform requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work or look for work if they’re on welfare.

99. Under Trump, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history.

100. Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors 100’s of millions of $$$ this year alone.

101. Signed Right-To-Try legislation allowing terminally ill patients to try experimental treatment that wasn’t allowed before.

102. Secured $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

103. Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

104. U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high so we are less dependent on oil from the Middle East.

105. The U.S. is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

106. NATO allies increased their defense spending because of his pressure campaign.

107. Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord in 2017 and that same year the U.S. still led the world by having the largest reduction in Carbon emissions.

108. Has his circuit court judge nominees being confirmed faster than any other new administration.

109. Had his Supreme Court Justice’s Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh confirmed.

110. Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

111. Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and $$$ coming in.

112. Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

113. Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices, has agreed to a Part One trade deal with China.

114. Signed legislation to improve the National Suicide Hotline.

115. Signed the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever into law, which will advance childhood cancer research and improve treatments.

116. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by Trump doubled the maximum amount of the child tax credit available to parents and lifted the income limits so more people could claim it.

117. It also created a new tax credit for other dependents.

118. In 2018, President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to States to fund child care for low-income families.

119. The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care.

120. In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families.

121. In 2019 President Trump signed into law two funding packages providing nearly $19 million in new funding for Lupus specific research and education programs, as well an additional $41.7 billion in funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the most Lupus funding EVER.

122. Another upcoming accomplishment to add: In the next week or two Trump will be signing the first major anti-robocall law in decades called the TRACED Act (Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence.) Once it’s the law, the TRACED Act will extend the period of time the FCC has to catch & punish those who intentionally break telemarketing restrictions. The bill also requires voice service providers to develop a framework to verify calls are legitimate before they reach your phone.

123. US stock market continually hits all-time record highs.

v Because so many people asked for a document with all of this listed in one place, here it is. No links provided to remove bias — as Google search is easy. Print this out for family, friends, neighbors, etc. I encourage you to drop this list off to voters before the 2020 election, too!

v Trump did all of this while fighting flagrant abuse and impeachment charges.

v Banning trips from China and being called a racist for doing so, by Democrats, who would have quadrupled the Covid 19 cases by keeping America open.

Have a lovely day everyone
LOL



You missed one:

Lost an election to a geriatric who very likely has Alzheimer’s. 

Have a lovely day indeed! LOLLOL
Back to Top
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 29 Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 14360
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:57am
124. Grabs others genitals without asking
I wish I had a sig
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 32948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:11pm
14. Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic & garbage from the ocean.

Seriously, red ? Is that just "10 million" ? That is 3c per head, per annum, in the US
Back to Top
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 785
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:22pm
Good list that, it has been circulating for months, seems that Redemption only just discovered it Shocked

Most of the listed achievements are true or partly true with a few false ones.

Guess what, who cares. Any President would have a list of achievements, some in common, some different. 

Doesn't matter to me , the point is the pathetic excuse for a human being, divisive, abusive, untruthful , crooked trd has infected millions with his putrid attitude and is dragging the USA down into the morass where he exists. His childish , tantrum throwing non acceptance of a legitimite vote is simply a continuation of his putrid existence.

America needs to be rid of this cancerous growth that has inhabited the WH for 4 years
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:30pm
That is a fair comment fee.Thumbs Up
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:58pm
Emperor's don't lose elections
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Back to Top
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm
But I love Biden.


Biden
Heart
1776

Wink
Knight to Castle.

Buckle up.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Back to Top
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 26336
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That is a fair comment fee.Thumbs Up
Your blessed PT - first of all you lose Whale for support , only to then get similar from Brokecell - & then when all seems lost along comes Fee to piddle in your pocket. As i said - just blessed  LOLLOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Back to Top
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:22pm
Biden
Heart
We love America
1776

200 million people have Biden tshirts ready.
They OWN him.

Kamala?

Her too

Kamala
Heart
1776
We love America


LOL. Enjoy the confusion media. 
Because it is coming more than they know. LOL
The Emperor has won.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 32948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:26pm
Where the men in white coats I sent around ? Are they outside ?
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: At home
Status: Offline
Points: 65952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That is a fair comment fee.Thumbs Up
Your blessed PT - first of all you lose Whale for support , only to then get similar from Brokecell - & then when all seems lost along comes Fee to piddle in your pocket. As i said - just blessed  LOLLOL

Dont know what happened with brokecell but fee seems like a terrific judge. I guess in her reported line of work she would get to know what a lowlife sleazebag looks like.
2022 year of the Independent.
Back to Top
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 09 Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Points: 5308
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:31pm
Enjoy Brand Biden  
Wink

and

Commercial Kamala
Wink

1776

Media Mess.
200 million Americans had a plan B

LOL

Owned PT.
OWNED

I already have my Biden Tshirt.  Tongue


ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 203>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.





Click here to bet with our preferred online bookmaker, Unibet.