Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The ALP Crystal Ball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:36pm
Joffs is now PT talking to himself 24/7, trying out new tweeting styles that are about original as a Fanta ad, and the rustys etc doing much the same, and JJ being JJ, and you trying to lighten the place up, without macca's arsenal of quick wit/ recycled jokes taking the pizz out of people. Boring as batgelati to be honest. I could write the next 100 posts.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:37pm
(That was to oneone)
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:39pm
Out of the cave for a while eh?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:45pm
Have never known what you mean with weird comments like that, SC. Just sounds weird to me.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:49pm
It means your societal views are arguably consistent with those of a a troglodyte.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:53pm
Pining for Shrunky and macca.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Joffs is now PT talking to himself 24/7, trying out new tweeting styles that are about original as a Fanta ad, and the rustys etc doing much the same, and JJ being JJ, and you trying to lighten the place up, without macca's arsenal of quick wit/ recycled jokes taking the pizz out of people. Boring as batgelati to be honest. I could write the next 100 posts.

Who would you like me to be?

I do a great impression of Gough Whitlam saying: "God save the queen, because nothing will save the governor-general..."

You'd swear it's him, I'm that good.

I can also activate a nerve in my nose that makes it twitch like a rabbit. It's uncanny.

Forgot to add those talents to the other list.

Big smile

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Pining for Shrunky and macca.

I'm more than happy to see them pinned to pine...

Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:03pm
Morrison has promised to do an impression of an empathetic human being but only if re-elected.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:06pm
 We might have to wait for that...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It means your societal views are arguably consistent with those of a a troglodyte.

That's a cave-dweller's way of saying "I've never been out of my town/ cave but social media has made me a big thinker and all."
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:48pm

Morrison has promised to do an impression of an empathetic human being but only if re-elected.

When is your impression of an empathic human being coming up? Lately you sound like a crazy old man rocking on the porch spitting tobacco at passing butterflies. Try to find some goodness and hope in this world, PT, before you die a bitter old crank. I sincerely mean that. Think/ write something nice/ funny about something before you go down to the grave being a silly old scrooge.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:53pm
 Boy...now that is definitely the pot calling the kettle black...

Who needs the wrecking ball when his minions can insult with just as much panache...  

Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:53pm
Having a bad day/week/life stayer?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:00pm
Was just about to say sorry, that was a bit personal, PT. Probably true, but I shouldn't have posted it. Sorry.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:05pm
 I nearly had my Quordle game out, read that and laughed so much I lost concentration.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:07pm

Good that I made you laugh then. You need it. Quordle can only do so much.

WHERE'S MACCA?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:58pm
Maxie managed to get a perma-ban from an internet forum, classy indeed from a man in his 80s, to quote a great movie, "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:32am
It will be so much easier to be positive after next Saturday.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Maxie managed to get a perma-ban from an internet forum, classy indeed from a man in his 80s, to quote a great movie, "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Given how few people ever get permanently banned here that should tell you something about his behaviour. It takes a constant barrage of abuse and he delivered in spades! He did his best to destroy the forum. Thankfully he was booted before he could succeed and the forum discussion has been noticeably better ever since. Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:09am
 a little less repetitive, too.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:13am
So who is posting more now than before Macca was banned ? Other than me Confused - which has nothing to do with Macca LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:16am
I never take maxie's absence or presence here before posting. A bit of fiction doesn't bother me. 

I suspect some women do though.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:18am
You've said that before. Maybe you are right - just haven't seen anyone actually confirm it. HS is a women - she is posting less because of Macca's absence.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:20am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

a little less repetitive, too.

Ummm - you mean like your feminist rants
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:25am
You see here is the issue. Macca cannot defend himself - so if you want to keep slandering him you can only expect those that supported him to respond. That would be only reasonable - & I would think anyone would expect the same.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:29am
Yes he can, it is called self control or restraint. I exercise it every day with the right wingers.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:34am
If Macca was able to defend himself I wouldn't be responding. But he cant. How does "control & self restraint" help him deflect unsavory comments ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:38am

Yes he can, it is called self control or restraint. I exercise it every day with the right wingers.
Some would call that a strength PT. Others might call it a failing. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:39am
I do, most do. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>