Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tesiopower 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tesiopower 8
    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 4:59pm
Does anyone have the installation disk for tesiopower 8 that they would care to sell or give away? must be tesio 8

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Dec 2019 at 9:57am
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 5:58pm
If you contact Alistair Nicholson, the new owner of TesioPower, he may be able to organise a download for a new computer.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:53pm
From their website

For all enquiries, please email us at info@tesiopower.com.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:19pm
Just as a matter of interest, I uploaded all the new chefs a couple of months ago.

And as a consequence my Tesio has been totally f8cked ever since with several functions totally out of business.  Angry
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
Any idea how much it costs?  There is nothing on the website about price.
I use TesioPower 2000, about twenty years old.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:51am
My TP10 was about $800AU many years ago but I think I got a discount & it was from Simon.
I update the stallions regularly but haven't tried the Chefs nor will thanks to your advice 2nd Chance Ouch

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:54am
tesio need a kick up the a r s e  so far behind in technology it’s a joke. 

Try running on a Mac 

They have to be 20 rears behind the times.  

I wouldn’t recommend them 
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:12am
i need the tp 8 tho ross i have it but its on an older computer and it wont work on windows 10 so i have been told so i am getting another computer running a version of wiindows that it will operate on

change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:46am
Did you get hold of Alistair or even Simon Morris? If you have lost the disc, then you have probably lost your key as well, so you will need that before you can register it in spite of whether you have the installation disc or not.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:39pm
thx ross, i have the program, it still works on my old computer, need the installation disk to migrate to new comp running same version of windows so tp8 works

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:46am
Why oh why doesn’t tesio run on a Mac ?
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:13pm
I got a new computer and transferred the older Tesio 8 program over. I went through the whole process as to whether to upgrade Tesio to the latest version but I worried about losing the database that I have. I do not have the disk with me, as it is in storage, so Alistair sent me a new key. He is easy to get along with, and he talks to Simon regularly. I am sure that he will do the same for any existing client.

Gay, I am not quite sure what the issue is with updating chefs. It is a fairly simple process to go into the chefs feature and add the appropriate chefs. I am not sure what the problem is with Second Chance's update. You can always save the old database and revert back to it under the file Open Database commands. DM me if you have any issues that I can help with. Simon is still on the Gold Coast and is usually available for assistance via email.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Progold Progold wrote:

You can always save the old database and revert back to it under the file Open Database commands. 

As the one whose Tesio is knackered after adding chefs will give your suggestion a good try.  God help me.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:54pm
Is there a particular chef that seems to be crashing the system? I have had it happen from time to time. Sometimes a glitch that fixes itself. Other times I have deleted the offending chefs and reinstalled them.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:55pm
There also is a restore function on the database, but you have probably backed it up since the problem started.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by Progold Progold wrote:

You can always save the old database and revert back to it under the file Open Database commands. 

As the one whose Tesio is knackered after adding chefs will give your suggestion a good try.  God help me.
Happens to me often to the point of not doing it
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:34am
I’m sure sales would improve if run on the Mac operating system.
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:43am
I use a very old version, 2.0, and do not use it often.
The reason I did not move to a more modern version was they changed the data file type.
I analyse my data outside TesioPower, and do not use it much except to look at six generation pedigrees on screen.

Last year I asked by e-mail about the new version.
I want to use my data in the new version.  I would be happy buying the new version if it arrived with zero data and I could import my data.

This was in the reply I received.
"The issue as I understand it is that a special export tool would need to be constructed for you to export data from the TesioPower program.  It would then be open to anyone who availed themselves of your system to download a copy of the software and extract my database from it."

Besides not understanding my e-mail, the reply I received suggested that I wanted to take their data.
In Jack Glengarry's book he mentioned that only hobbyists bought TesioPower when the program was launched. 
When I bought TesioPower in the early 1990s their initial data was poor, and their updates not up to much.  
I prepared a list of European Group winners from 1950 onwards, generated their six generation pedigrees (using Foxbase), and sent a disk with I think 26,000 horses to Australia to help them with their data.
My impression was their data was from three separate databases, and no effort was taken to harmonise the data.
I also alerted them to the popularity of Dosage Index in the UK (TesioPower did not have it), and sent the code of my dosage index program to them.
Even small features I suggested arrived in later TesioPower updates.

Cost is not a factor to me.  I was not impressed with their interaction with me.

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:50pm

Unfortunately that’s been there mantra “this is it “

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Feb 2020 at 3:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply