Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TBV Covid Register

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:39am
We are all going to get Delta too

EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:51am
Deltomicron is the next variety to get...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:52am
Not to be confused with Domicron.

We already got one of them.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:48am
Well I'm starting to think we may have a few TBV members ducking for cover. You cant have 63.5 active TBV members (& I use that term very loosely) without one of them being Covid positive. It is statistically dubious Ouch

Refer ALP Election Promises
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:50am
LOL 

Everyone in NSW tests positive and suffers debilitating long term effects.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:50am
That was to PT's Domicron Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:51am
When I saw Tigg on the new posts list for this thread I thought he had come in to declare he was positive. Maybe he is, but is too embarrassed to admit, like every anti-vaxxer would surely be.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:51am
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

LOL 

Everyone in NSW tests positive and suffers debilitating long term effects.

just watching his pressers depresses me...

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:52am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Well I'm starting to think we may have a few TBV members ducking for cover. You cant have 63.5 active TBV members (& I use that term very loosely) without one of them being Covid positive. It is statistically dubious Ouch

You can't not tell us who the .5 is
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:05am
 obviously some half-wit...

Big smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:16am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

You can't not tell us who the .5 is
I would have thought that was blatantly obvious TJ. The bloke's still shackled somewhere in the Laundry Basket Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:26am
Forget the double jab, Forget the booster. Pretty obvious to me the best way to not get the pox is to become a TBV member.

Maybe PT can run the stats on that ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:29am
Got a bit of a scratchy throat this morning. Could just be all the durries though LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:57am
I have a scratchy throat nearly every day in Spring and Summer.

It's called 'living right next to flowering trees'...with pollen infiltrating through vents at night...

Ermm

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:10am
My son's wedding coming up on 30th January with sixty sit down guests for luncheon with another twenty coming later for a celebration at sunset at the restaurant which overlooks Port Philip Bay. Everyone is in a dilemma, will it go ahead or not or with limited guests ? He is 50/50 about it taking place but his fiancée is more optimistic. Parents on both sides are leaving up to the bride and groom to decide.

If restaurant cancels for some reason, no financial loss for us there, but we cancel within seven days of wedding we will be up for compensation .Fortunately bride's family have connection to restaurateur, video contractor, celebrant etc but everyone is still dancing on egg shells. Grand parents on both sides are into their eighties, nineties and one is turning 101 in March.

I am in favour of a small intimate wedding and when this virus is finally over they invite all those guests who missed out to have a celebration. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:19am
 A sensible solution, Bob. Why ruin some aged relative's life for the sake of a wedding which could still proceed, anyway.   My mother was 97 when she walked my daughter down the aisle, three years ago. The timing was fortunate. Also it was an outside wedding. 

I wish them the best and hope it turns out well for all.

The 30th is my birthday, so I will spare a thought for them in between my own celebration for living another year.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

My son's wedding coming up on 30th January with sixty sit down guests for luncheon with another twenty coming later for a celebration at sunset at the restaurant which overlooks Port Philip Bay. Everyone is in a dilemma, will it go ahead or not or with limited guests ? He is 50/50 about it taking place but his fiancée is more optimistic. Parents on both sides are leaving up to the bride and groom to decide.

If restaurant cancels for some reason, no financial loss for us there, but we cancel within seven days of wedding we will be up for compensation .Fortunately bride's family have connection to restaurateur, video contractor, celebrant etc but everyone is still dancing on egg shells. Grand parents on both sides are into their eighties, nineties and one is turning 101 in March.

I am in favour of a small intimate wedding and when this virus is finally over they invite all those guests who missed out to have a celebration. 
I assume you think you will be invited to the select affair Bob ? LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:35am
Not too late to join Hillsong Bob. Religious exemption for everything.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:53am

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I assume you think you will be invited to the select affair Bob ? LOL

I never thought of that 1+1 Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:59am
We have a wedding to attend in the Hunter valley that same week-end Bob. Young english couple who are friends of our daughter. Real family affair for us - daughter, son + partners plus us invited. This is the third attempt for the couple to do it. Lots of o/seas guests as well. Looking very messy again unfortunately.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:30am
1+1 this is my son's second attempt, the previous was in October.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:36am
1x1, just put up a pergola and sing and clap and you  will get away with it.  Thumbs Up  
We plan on Tasmania on Feb 11th so are now walking around with everything crossed, right down to the airline having enough staff to run the flight.
Thought we were gonners yesterday.  Young chap works with OH,  his partner tested positive, with a rat test, as her Mum and Sis both have it, so we thought "here we go ", but she then got a proper test at the Docs, and she is negative.
Its as bad in the Hunter as elsewhere, so come prepared.  What part ,,,the wineries ??

animals before people.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
I've just sadly postponed the Celebration of Life Memorial for my partner Ken which we had scheduled for January 30th. With a large number of vulnerable people (age & health reasons) attending it wasn't worth the risk to farewell Ken and possibly give a guest covid in the process. So it's on indefinite hold which is very difficult & sad for me.
Last year we had two last minute cancellations with snap lock downs on our attempts for my mother's 90th Birthday. We rescheduled for a mega 91st in May '22 but I'm not confident of that going ahead either - hard to have 70 - 80 Octogenarian & Nonagenarian's at a gathering if there is any risk involved.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

1x1, just put up a pergola and sing and clap and you  will get away with it.  Thumbs Up  
We plan on Tasmania on Feb 11th so are now walking around with everything crossed, right down to the airline having enough staff to run the flight.
Thought we were gonners yesterday.  Young chap works with OH,  his partner tested positive, with a rat test, as her Mum and Sis both have it, so we thought "here we go ", but she then got a proper test at the Docs, and she is negative.
Its as bad in the Hunter as elsewhere, so come prepared.  What part ,,,the wineries ??

Place called Enzo's re reception. Staying Thistle Hill Guest House
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:02am
I'm officially forwarding this thread to the Guineas Book Of Records LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:09am
Worst Thread Ever?
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:04am
Thats so sad VSP.  Life is very strange at the moment.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 1:07pm
 I'm sitting in a hotel room with sore lymph glands under my neck and a slight headache. My daughter went out and obtained my free RAT kits, just in case.

According to google...swollen lymph glands aren't necessarily a covid symptom, so I'm hopeful it is just my body fighting something else.

We had a dicey KFC dinner, last night...

Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 1:12pm
Have a Vincents powder and a good lie down. You will be ok in no time.

Nah seriously hope you come good quickly.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 1:21pm
Wish you well jj.....       Some Laughs to be had at peoples lack of understanding .   = Like =   We can have all the guests when Covid goes away . ( It ain't going away ) . Like Flu and previous viral outbreaks , the community gets exposure , The virus looses Media attention and it joins the other infections that make up most of the 500 a day that die anyway .

YOU do know 2000 of us won't be alive at the week end , DON"T You.
That aint Covid Mate --   thathe t's Natural cycle of life ,     AND in case you don't know ...   All The Fking jabs and RATS in the world = aint gonna change that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>