Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TBV Covid Register

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TBV Covid Register
    Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 11:20pm
Pretty close to home for me know. Few close friends with it. So thinking its just a matter of time now for all of us. 

We hear a lot of stuff second hand - so thought we could pass on some feedback as we are directly impacted with it. Some may prefer not too - some may only want to pass on limited info. Others (like me) will be happy to pass on as much as i can - live when diagnosed, symptoms, severity, vax status , booster status + anything else

Could be the new thread on the block LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 11:23pm
P.s if a member posts that they have contracted it - & we never hear from them again - we will just assume the worst Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:31am
The more the merrier at this stage oneone....   The biggest problem is understanding all the hysterical idiots , in paralysed fear and feel they have to be tested ... WHAT FOR ,,,   Lining up , cluttering the systems with NOTHING to gain .
   You will be lucky to get a pathology test done if you have a 95% coronary blockage , because terrified fanatics have convinced themselves the end of the world is near, and some fruitless act like joining queues or ringing Ambulances , is going to perform some miracle.
Relax , live as if it doesn't exist , Protect the aged /Vulnerable and allow this nasty inconvenience, to run it's course and from now , will slowly peter out.

350,000 Australians have died in the past 2 years...   WHY aren't the Flock reacting to loss of life ,    instead of only mentioning a couple of thousand oldies who had covid push them through the final door.

So hard to make out , what makes them tick, when the overwhelming of covid infections are from the under 65's ,    So THE IDIOTS lock them up with the most vulnerable and make sure that their death rates are over 90% of the total .... Lock downs were mass murder.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 7:42am
Dont forget HIV. We haven't been to Africa since yesterday.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:07am
all my younger daughter's friends have covid...every single one...caught from being together at a music festival last week. Also, a good percentage of her work-mates at Vet HQ are down with covid and the owner has had to close up shop. The daughter has had to have a test every second day, but so far has tested negative every time. She reckons she has special immunity. Hmmm...we'll see. Luckily, she doesn't live with me. Unluckily, her husband does. 

My older daughter has been ill for seven days, since swimming at Malabar beach, which is near a sewage outlet. I was sure she just had some gastric virus from the water, but her symptoms were so bizarre and severe we suspected covid.

The younger daughter dropped in a test kit, yesterday, and we did it on her sister. She came up negative...which is reassuring for me. We have had at least six notifications of being somewhere a covid person has been, but keep dodging the bullet. 

Maybe we all have special immunity.

Thumbs Up 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:11am
For one fleeting moment i thought you may have been our first to register PT

I'll have a chat to E&E - he might have a free $10 Bonus Bet for the first person who does. Only problem I can see is that he may insert a clause in the T & C's that he can hang onto it for 3 mths - & that its non-transferable LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:15am
I might have it. Spent Christmas with a few unvaxxed and there are now thousands of positives in Byron including all the staff at my daily coffee shop. Also got a raspy throat and a runny nose.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:16am
Yes JJ - coming everywhere around us as well. A very dears friends daughter went to hospital last night with Covid breathing difficulties - 38 yrs old & fit. Also my wife's private Dialysis clinic have been having compulsory weekly testing for months now. First patient yesterday Covid positive. Panic for patients & staff
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:39am
does getting sloshed prevent you from catching it?

Just bought a new bottle of chocolate Bailey's.  

PT...Bailey's is great for scratchy throats. Numbs it instantly. (Condensed milk also does it)

You can stop the runny nose by drinking alternate boiling hot tea and freezing cold cordial. Never fails. It confuses the histamine. 

Just ask nurse JJ. She has all the good remedies.

Geek
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:44am
I got a bottle of Mac, Macadamia and Wattle seed lacquer for Christmas. Was thinking of cracking it open for breakfast.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:44am
*liqueur
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:49am
Isn't one of the side effects loosing your taste though.  Horrid to open and discover you can't taste your treat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:52am
I wont be doing TJs taste test furious, so I might have to risk a slurp to find out. Cheaper than RAT if you can even get one.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

*liqueur

I'm glad you clarified that, you old petrol sniffer...

Confused
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:01am

I wont be doing TJs taste test furious, so I might have to risk a slurp to find out. Cheaper than RAT if you can even get one.

I suggested my daughter do TJ's taste test, before we got access to a RAT.

She knocked back the suggestion. With a foul look my way.

Did Scummo say how long it would be until we oldies get our freebee RATs?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
You need to be destitute JJ. Does that rule you out or in ?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
Only free if you are on a concession card. Self funded retirees or workers have to purchase RATs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:06am
Only a partial RAT-flip yesterday.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

You need to be destitute JJ. Does that rule you out or in ?

I think both my daughter and I should qualify.

that means twenty tests.

I might flog some...

LOL 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:08am
Phew - another relief. Had another little palpitation when i saw Bobs your name on the Register thread . False alarm

Stay safe Bob !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:09am

Only a partial RAT-flip yesterday.

but when are they available?

is this another sometime next year...?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:11am
Foley said on Tuesday that Vic were expecting 30 something million by Friday. NSW expecting a similar number but didn't hear when.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:13am
 the joke is...the younger daughter gets handed free RATs every week, by her boss at the veterinary clinic.

He has an endless supply.

It's who you know...or are employed by...

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:15am
I'd pay good money for proof that Jen has been doing the rounds of the local shops to find RAT tests.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:17am
Did you see Morrison caught in another stupid ''Jenny lie'' at yesterday's presser about her going out shopping for RAT tests and standing in line like everyone else?

Every politician on twitter: No they get them free like we all do.

He is incapable of not lying under pressure.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:20am
 I'd like to put something up Scummo's nose...but not a cotton bud...

Give me the test kit...and access to that smirky smarmy face...

Evil Smile

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:19am
This thread is a great idea.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:33am
Yes thanks Stayer. 

Should be one of those threads that just quickly gains momentum.........

As long as it is kept to our own experiences it should give us a good guide as to what's really going on
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
Gains momentum on it's journey to the Laundry Basket?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
You need to swing by our local.  Special.  2 bottles of Baileys for $50.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>