Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tamil family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:05am
Sounds like vaccines and EU and rape in Minister's offices  all over again. Morrison Govt saying first chit that comes to them to remove pressure in the moment. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 1:50pm
Despite pressures it would appear Morrison Government wins easily again . Unless of course he breaks some golden Rules that the vast majority agree with .
   Any Changes to NOT resettling boat people would be suicidal .

It isn't The Governments fault they are in detention .   They could have been back home , with tidy Government assistance , years ago .   They made the bed, etc.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
Their problem was that they were too honest.

Had they lied and said they were French au pairs and were going to work for a friend of Dutton, they would have got special fast-tracked approval.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:06pm
Do you have details of Dutton's friends getting a walk up start .

Or is this another ( some mud sticks ) from the "Snake Pit".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:09pm

Wasn't it reported on Sky maxie? Was a huge story everywhere else.

Emails show Peter Dutton's role in intervening to grant visas to European au pairs

A series of emails has revealed the scramble made by Peter Dutton's office and senior bureaucrats to have two au pairs who were due to be deported released from Immigration detention.

The Department of Home Affairs has released 169 pages of documents relating to Mr Dutton's au pair interventions over the granting of tourist visas to the nannies.

The redacted documents paint a picture of a bureaucracy and staffers trying to get approvals for the au pairs to stay in the country as a flurry of emails is exchanged between key players right up until the last minute.

They reveal that in the case of the Italian au pair employed by Mr Dutton's former Queensland police colleague, senior officials were called upon late into the evening to make sure the young woman did not spend the night in immigration detention.

This was despite paperwork showing the Italian au pair received texts from an unknown person which indicated she was likely to breach the terms of her tourist visa. more...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-19/emails-show-role-peter-dutton-played-in-au-pair-visas/10282822

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 3:05pm
 great come-through, PT...

Clap
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 3:10pm
Amazing what can be done for people considered important enough, someone like the CEO of the AFL. McLaughlan apparently didn't know it was happening but Dutton and those around him were just very keen to do favours. Hoping for a quid pro quo down the line somewhere?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton personally intervened to stop a French au pair being deported after his office was lobbied by AFL boss Gillon McLachlan.

Documents released under Freedom of Information show Mr Dutton approved the release of a 27-year-old woman from immigration detention on November 1, 2015 and used his ministerial power to grant her a tourist visa

PT, you are going back into ancient history there, 2015, and it was for a tourist visa, not the same as this Tamil family , who are wanting permanent residency.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:04pm
Why any preferential treatment at all Bob?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:15pm
lol Bob .    Surely you have deduced that PT doesn't let facts ruin a good story .      Next line will be they were pink or brown . Adds spice to a ruptured story.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:22pm
The Minister can do that stuff at his discretion, whether it be temporary visas or resident visas. There have been multiple examples of people with illnesses being deported but allowed to stay on Ministerial discretion.

They choose to not show discretion in this case.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:22pm
PT, an Australian tourist visa last 12 months, whereas a permanent resident visa last 5 year and of course if you get citizenship, your right for life.
Au Pair for a tourist was no big deal.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:25pm
Any word on why it took so long to provide care for a young girl who ended up with pneumonia and a blood infection?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:25pm
Morrison defending Dutton: "I made hundreds of decisions on ministerial intervention and I considered every single one of them very carefully and I looked at the human circumstances in every case," he said at a press conference on Sunday.

"It's not a file – it's a human being. These are human beings, and their lives are affected by these decisions."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Any word on why it took so long to provide care for a young girl who ended up with pneumonia and a blood infection?

TJM, is that the daughter of the Tamil family or some other case ?

I guess everyday of the week somewhere in remote Australia some poor unfortunate young or old person catches pneumonia and has a blood infection, unfortunately it is not only people in detention centres who fall on hard times, so do everyday Australians.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:39pm
 excuses excuses...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:42pm
Can you have exceptions , ( say ) in a murder conviction. How would it read if that could be overturned at anyone's discretion.

Massive problems were People smugglers . The Government introduced strong rules to combat illegal arrivals . and one being they will never settle in Australia .   
   Why alter something that works well.

(All unlawful non-citizens in Australia must be detained and, unless they are granted permission to remain in the country (through the grant of a visa), they must be removed as soon as practicable. This policy was set into legislation through the Migration Reform Act 1992.)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I guess everyday of the week somewhere in remote Australia some poor unfortunate young or old person catches pneumonia and has a blood infection, unfortunately it is not only people in detention centres who fall on hard times, so do everyday Australians.

What a f**king cop out Bob. This child was under constant supervision in a detention center not out in the sticks with no one else in sight. 10 days and they give her some panadol. Now she's in hospital. 
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 4:45pm
Who did they murder maxie?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Morrison defending Dutton: "I made hundreds of decisions on ministerial intervention and I considered every single one of them very carefully and I looked at the human circumstances in every case," he said at a press conference on Sunday.

"It's not a file – it's a human being. These are human beings, and their lives are affected by these decisions."

Who are you kidding Scomo Confused what was your decision in the rape case ? Big smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:19pm
 deny deny deny...

Scomo's credo...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
The Australian economy PT ... BTW , it was your man Kevin Rudd who originally introduced the NO boat people ever settle in Australia ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
I thought the Pacific Solution was the work of the little desiccated coconut and was ended by Rudd in 2007 when elected.

To ours and his great shame he re-introduced it in his second stint as PM in a desperate attempt to secure the racist vote. It didn't work and he was defeated.

But I could be wrong.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:04pm
PS, I know you threw the economy thing in for a laugh.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm

What a f**king cop out Bob. This child was under constant supervision in a detention center not out in the sticks with no one else in sight. 10 days and they give her some panadol. Now she's in hospital. 
Before you accuse me of a cop out, is the young girl you to whom you referred the daughter of the Tamil family ? If she is the daughter I was unaware of her circumstances , however if she is or is not the daughter, no person should be kept anywhere on panadol for 10 days ( which was not mentioned in your prior post ) unless under strict medical supervision. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:10pm

PS, I know you threw the economy thing in for a laugh.Wink

all of Macca's posts are laughable...

Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
No ---   I think your right .    In the last ditch stand after Gillard .. My memory isn't reliable but I don't think that rule has ever been broken and I don't know of any resettling in Australia .

There are tens of thousand of Indian settlers visa's have been cancelled and one was my helpful Neighbour , great Family . they were here over 5 years , had their Medicare Cards and His Sponsor died .   Resulting in the Company Turnover falling below the required levels and he was told to leave .     . the stupid part is , he has returned to India , The new owners of the Company have revived the situation and now ( can You believe) He is still working the same job in Australia , for the same "Franchise",    BUT resides in India ...    Unreal stupidity to 2 skilled Migrants and children , who are a credit the the human race.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:29pm

I thought the Pacific Solution was the work of the little desiccated coconut and was ended by Rudd in 2007 when elected.

To ours and his great shame he re-introduced it in his second stint as PM in a desperate attempt to secure the racist vote. It didn't work and he was defeated.

But I could be wrong.

Didn't Paul Keating originally bring in this rule ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:35pm

Before you accuse me of a cop out, is the young girl you to whom you referred the daughter of the Tamil family ? If she is the daughter I was unaware of her circumstances , however if she is or is not the daughter, no person should be kept anywhere on panadol for 10 days ( which was not mentioned in your prior post ) unless under strict medical supervision. 

It was posted in this thread for a reason BB
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:40pm
djebel I think Paul Keating changed discretionary detention to mandatory detention for refugees.

It was following the Tampa incident Howard changed our immigration laws illegally to accommodate offshore processing of refugees on Nauru to stop people being on Australian soil to access courts to appeal forced resettlement. 

All very ugly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>