Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tamil family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm
Turf them all out ASAP----    Makes a mockery of illegal immigration law and he has returned "Home" more than once since , so he's no refugee.

Has delayed the inevitable by Court actions so NO WAY should they stay.

As decent people who can be called victims of people smugglers, they have taken up employment and no doubt would be great additions to the community where they resided.    BUT this law must not be broken.

I'm sure our Minister has the power to fast track an application to return by the proper channels.          . That is JUSTICE IMHO.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

All, I will have to leave TBV now, as the stock market has opened and I have more important issues on my plate.

yeah making some cash, you beauty - much more important than peoples lives

What a cynical statement..Other lives ? I elect a government to help those less fortunate, I pay my taxes unlike many in society.What more do you want me to do? You do not know of my circumstances, I might be confined to a wheel chair or I might travel the world on holidays each year or I might get blind drunk each day drinking Grange Hermitage wine.You have no idea.

Fortunately I am running my own SMSF, I do not rely on any form of welfare,I live and die by my own investment decisions. I help my children out to buy their homes, educate their children and you have the hide to assume I do not care about other lives.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:10pm
Grange Hermitage? It hasn’t been called that for 30 years!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:23pm

All, I will have to leave TBV now, as the stock market has opened and I have more important issues on my plate.

What a cynical statement..Other lives ? I elect a government to help those less fortunate, I pay my taxes unlike many in society.What more do you want me to do? You do not know of my circumstances, I might be confined to a wheel chair or I might travel the world on holidays each year or I might get blind drunk each day drinking Grange Hermitage wine.You have no idea.

Fortunately I am running my own SMSF, I do not rely on any form of welfare,I live and die by my own investment decisions. I help my children out to buy their homes, educate their children and you have the hide to assume I do not care about other lives.

apologies Bob - I misread your post
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
My bottles are over 30 years old, I know it has now changed but my labels have not Wink

Grange Shiraz ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:25pm

apologies Bob - I misread your post

Apology accepted
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm

My bottles are over 30 years old, I know it has now changed but my labels have not Wink

Grange Shiraz ?

I have only a few left, we crack one open each time to celebrate any births of grand children with their new parents.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:32pm

Grange Shiraz ?
Just a word of caution in this area E&E. The ageing process does not work all that well with Fruity Gordo in the 5l casks  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:46pm
They must have more money than George Pell to be able to take on the Australian Taxpayers ... oh wait, that's PT's argument ... oh wait, they spent all of their money on People smugglers ... how are they actually funding all of this PT?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:51pm
More to the point Doc is how the other 76 million Tamils go about funding their defense !
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

My bottles are over 30 years old, I know it has now changed but my labels have not Wink<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Grange Shiraz ?
Just a word of caution in this area E&E. The ageing process does not work all that well with Fruity Gordo in the 5l casks  Thumbs Up

I’ll bear that in mind if I’m ever desperate enough to think about cellaring some.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:28pm

Grange Shiraz ?

No worries about my Grange I took them back to Penfolds in the city a couple of years ago, they re-opened the bottle, tasted the wine, topped the bottle up with a little of the latest vintage, re-corked and certified the bottle as perfect..at no cost 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:45pm
Many years ago was a civilian member of the Officers Mess at Victoria Barracks in Melbourne.

Grog was available at discounted prices and remember buying six bottles of '69 Grange at $9 a throw. Drank five and gave one away as a gift.  Kept an empty bottle on my bookcase until our last move in 2018.

Current price per bottle for this vintage is $2,300.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
https://www.wickman.net.au/Grange_Prices.aspx

Prices do vary from one vintage to another, mine early 1980s.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Many years ago was a civilian member of the Officers Mess at Victoria Barracks in Melbourne.

Grog was available at discounted prices and remember buying six bottles of '69 Grange at $9 a throw. Drank five and gave one away as a gift.  Kept an empty bottle on my bookcase until our last move in 2018.  Current price per bottle for this vintage is $2,300. 

Typo, should read "only" $1,300.  Shocked
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

I'm sure PT will welcome them in to his home to live

Why is this your default answer to anyone supporting brown peoples right to live in Australia?

Where did I mention colour?

Also I'm sure if they came through the front door we wouldn't be having this thread
EAD
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:45pm

A great deal of sympathy has been expressed by the Left for the Tamil family that the government are endeavoring to return to Sri Lanka because they came to Australia illegally. They seek to remain because they have lived outside of any capital city, worked without living on welfare and their main trump card , both of their children were born in Australia.

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">
Hang on, many lefties seem to be laboring under the illusion that all children born in Australia are automatically Australian citizens.They are not. Our Immigration Act requires at least one of the parents to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident for this to apply. End of story. This couple were neither.

If this policy was not in place how many pregnant women from all over the world might descend on Australia for a better life at the taxpayer's expenses ?

Why are those on the right so full of hatred ?

I suspect you are abused children.

reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:55am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

A great deal of sympathy has been expressed by the Left for the Tamil family that the government are endeavoring to return to Sri Lanka because they came to Australia illegally. They seek to remain because they have lived outside of any capital city, worked without living on welfare and their main trump card , both of their children were born in Australia.

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">
Hang on, many lefties seem to be laboring under the illusion that all children born in Australia are automatically Australian citizens.They are not. Our Immigration Act requires at least one of the parents to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident for this to apply. End of story. This couple were neither.

If this policy was not in place how many pregnant women from all over the world might descend on Australia for a better life at the taxpayer's expenses ?

Why are those on the right so full of hatred ?

I suspect you are abused children.

The left will never understand ... the people smugglers are just waiting for a show of weakness ... is Albo going to collect all of the bodies that are bobbing around in the ocean like corks?

Border weakness kills people.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 1:06am

Grog was available at discounted prices and remember buying six bottles of '69 Grange at $9 a throw. Drank five and gave one away as a gift.  Kept an empty bottle on my bookcase until our last move in 2018.  Current price per bottle for this vintage is $2,300. 

Typo, should read "only" $1,300.  Shocked

How good is the Officer's Mess SC !! ... went as a guest a couple of times at one in Chester Hill in Sydney in the early 80's ... they sure ate and drank well!

wow ... never saw a bottle of Grange for $9 ever!Cry ... youth really is wasted on the young!Wink
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 8:00am

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I'm sure PT will welcome them in to his home to live

Why is this your default answer to anyone supporting brown peoples right to live in Australia?

Where did I mention colour?

Also I'm sure if they came through the front door we wouldn't be having this thread

Well it just seems every time a thread pops up on brown people migrating to Aus, you pop up with an argument against them being here.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:54am
Stop dramatising the situation, as I said if they came here the right way, this thread wouldn't exist
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:56am
What about the 60,000 mostly white visa over-stayers who flew in and are living here illegally under the current govt Tigg? The govt doesn't seem to want to talk about them either.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:00am
Make a thread about them and will say exactly the same thing, come through the front door of this country the right way and not through the back door via some shonky people smuggler making millions
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:02am
You will never win the argument Tiger. If PT & co were the decision makers they would NEVER say no - always enough room for one more. Ask them to set the figure - & then when that's met let them deal with the next lovely family with 2 little kiddies wanting to stay here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:08am
Have I said they should be allowed to stay?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:15am
Jesus PT - please dont be shy. Give us your thoughts. How can you give a squillion posts on a topic & not take a stand on it either way ? Next you will be telling us you haven't made your mind up on Mr Trump or Folau  LOL
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:16am
PT will be rolling out the red carpet for every illegal that arrives here
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
Yes Tiger - but i bet the red carpet exit wont be around Byron Bay
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:22am

Jesus PT - please dont be shy. Give us your thoughts. How can you give a squillion posts on a topic & not take a stand on it either way ? Next you will be telling us you haven't made your mind up on Mr Trump or Folau  LOL

I am waiting for the courts decision on the eligibility of the kids born here.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What about the 60,000 mostly white visa over-stayers who flew in and are living here illegally under the current govt Tigg? The govt doesn't seem to want to talk about them either.

They are treated exactly the same way PT, even though they are not creating a people smuggling problem or deaths at sea ... do you and your sicko commie mates really get such a kick out of seeing brown people drowning...?Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>