Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallions for Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 1:52pm
Jade Gil
Jaz Elle 
reductio ad absurdum
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
On the topic of famous legs - Betty Grable’s were the most famous 😊
Heidi Klum has insured her legs for $2 million (each!), James Bond star Daniel Craig has his body insured for $9.5 million and Jennifer Lopez thinks her famous derriere is worth an incredible $27 million.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:34pm
Winx sadly lost her filly.

reductio ad absurdum
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:57pm

Racing: The greatest race mare of them all, Winx, has lost the foal she was set to deliver this month.

The greatest race mare of them all, Winx, has lost the foal she was set to deliver this month.acing super mare Winx has lost her first foal.

The greatest race mare of them all was set to give birth to her first foal this month.

But her owners confirmed today Winx had lost the foal.

It is with great sadness that the Kepitis, Tighe and Treweeke families wish to inform everyone that unfortunately overnight Winx lost her foal, the statement said.

There are so many people involved in the Winx story from owners, staff past and present to her many fans around the world. Our thoughts and attention at the moment are on Winx ensuring that she remains healthy, as anyone in this situation would respect.

It is a traumatic time for a mother and those involved and Winx is now the centre of our attention following the loss of a beautiful filly this morning.

We wish to thank everyone for their support and understanding, please respect the connections during this sad time and we will update you as soon as appropriate.https://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/racing-the-greatest-race-mare-of-them-all-winx-has-lost-the-foal-she-was-set-to-deliver-this-month/news-story/9dbfd75c69bbeb6b5162deb0a6ef7188

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 2:16pm
2020 really sucks.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 2:19pm
So sad
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 5:39pm
Doesnt that just make you feel sad.   Poor girl.  Lets just hope she will be OK.  
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm
I feel as much for her as I do all the other poor mares losing foals on a daily basis, some of which are lucky enough to be offered fosters whose dams have died foaling Cry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:18pm
What's additionally disappointing is that she appears to have lost the foal in the last month of her pregnancy, by which time you'd be excused for thinking she'd be virtually home and hosed.

At least there's no doubt she'll be receiving the best of medical care, and will hopefully come up trumps in later years.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I feel as much for her as I do all the other poor mares losing foals on a daily basis, some of which are lucky enough to be offered fosters whose dams have died foaling Cry

Yeah.  Mate,s foal died after about 36 hours..   Dummy.  
Was on a stud today.   Watching the preg tests of the mares.   One mare had 3 possible babies in there !!!!
Its quite scarey what can happen with these mares and their foals. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:36pm
Any updates on Winx ???   
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2023 at 9:27pm

reductio ad absurdum
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:50pm
I keep wondering … WHY???

She’s a problem breeder, this is the only live foal of 3 attempts, they don’t need the money, and even if the filly is a dud, wouldn’t they keep her?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 6:31pm
I get the impression there was no unanimous decision & if so, it's the only option.
"It was a group decision, it wasn't made by one person," Tighe said."
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 8:08pm
Do these people race any other horses together ?

I would notbe surprised if one of the current owners buys the filly or if not by default runs up the price attempting to do so.
reductio ad absurdum
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:18pm
Thank you both.
I read somewhere that Tighe is interested in getting a share of the filly, while Kepitis was quoted as being all boohoo sad … if so why didn’t he/she just buy the others out for, like, eleventy million? I’m clearly simple Embarrassed
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 1:03am
Kepitis is interviewed by Nick Luck on his podcast available through usual podcast channels, just look for yesterdays podcast 18th September.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 1:06am
Maybe they think champion mares never produce much, so cash in the chips and laugh all the way to the bank ?   Just my take on it.
Not like any of them are hurting for dollars .   So why dont the ones who want to keep her buy out the ones who dont ?  Confused
Probably too easy for these people to work that out between themselves because they would all be looking for that  $$$$.
animals before people.
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:29am
Does anyone know if she has gotten back in foal this season?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:28am
MISSED to Snitzel. 
reductio ad absurdum
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

MISSED to Snitzel. 

Cry
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 8:39pm

Champion mare Winx in foal to Arrowfield stud's leading stallion, Snitzel

Owners of champion race mare Winx have confirmed she is pregnant again, this time to Arrowfield stud stallion Snitzel.

The news comes just days before the highly anticipated sale of Winx's first foal on Monday, which is tipped to nudge multi-million dollar thoroughbred yearling records.

Part-owner Peter Tighe said it was an exciting next step in Winx's broodmare career and she was in good health.

"She's an incredible mother," he said.

Winx won a world record 33 straight races, including 25 Group 1 wins and a record four Cox Plates as part of her more than $26-million racing career.

She retired in 2019 to become a broodmare.

Winx lost her first foal to stallion, I Am Invincible, in 2020 before she gave birth to a Pierro filly in October 2022.

She visited Arrowfield's Snitzel last year, which led to the latest foal due this spring.

"[Snitzel] has been on the shortlist for a couple of years. You can only go to one a year," Mr Tighe laughed.

"We didn't want to leave it too much longer with Snitzel. He's not getting any younger and he throws such a high grade foal when you get one so that's why wanted to get one before his career ended.

"We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes to plan for the rest of the pregnancy."

The stallion's service fee of $247,500 is among the highest in the country.

Arrowfield Stud general manager Paul Messara was delighted Winx's owners chose Snitzel.

"He's been champion sire four times in the past, statistically probably the leading sire in the country in terms of stakes winners to runners," he said.

"He just has a fantastic record of producing top offspring, both fillies and colts.

"Obviously [Winx] is one of Australia's finest, and certainly a name in racing that everyone knows."

Mr Messara said next week's sale of the Winx filly would give a good gauge on what future progeny could be worth but was quick to add that the owners might not sell the next one.

"A Snitzel colt out of Winx could be worth anything, certainly into the millions."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 8:51pm
Thanks Gay.

ps would be surprised if the following comes to pass, unless there's some very brave syndicators and willing victims out there.  Though in truth the absolutely relentless push by Inglis, Coolmore and  Racing.com etc will presumably ensure a very high sale price unless of course she's passed in:

"The news comes just days before the highly anticipated sale of Winx's first foal on Monday, which is tipped to nudge multi-million dollar thoroughbred yearling records".

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 9:15pm
An Anerican joins the hype

Will the Winx filly be the first horse that
is out bid on?…. I don’t think so. Given the pedigree page and inspecting the filly in person twice, I can say without a doubt that at the end of the day it will take some deep pockets to keep this filly from joining our band. Our current record is US$6 million AUS $9.1 million #goodnightove November Sale. I am committed to do whatever it takes to buy this filly unless I get the impression I am being bid up and in that case someone could get stuck with paying a big number. People are calling her a collectors item and I am a collector so it is a natural fit. This filly represents everything that stands for.
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:47pm
The two Winx foals were bred to be sales toppers, not to race.
Marsha (2013) (f) sold for six million guineas, produced one unraced foal to supersire Galileo, Tender Kiss (f) (terrible pedigree), and died in 2023.
Top racemares are sent to top sires "because they deserve it" (how thoughtful) but the aim is always to sell, never to race.

diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:49pm
Marsha had a 2022 filly by Frankel (who just happens to be the UK champion sire).
I can not find the name of that 2022 filly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 1:19am
Might be in the showring like The Diva,s first foal by High Chap.  I see he is 11 now and won some show award in NZ.  What did he cost as a yearling ?
animals before people.
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 3:35pm
What are we thinking the filly sells for? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 3:52pm
Yulong and perhaps Magnier might be interested, and possibly the Japanese also. Resolute Racing from the USA identified by Horlicks above will arguably be a key player in all this - if it's not a beat up.  Without him I was thinking perhaps as much as $4m but the vendors' tactics might change with him around, ie push him to the limit and either sell for an inflated price or pass the filly in and negotiate with him privately.

My guesstimate: the American takes her home for possibly as much as $5.5m. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 3:59pm
ps: even were I a multi-millionaire wouldn't pay anything like that for her.  Probably $3m tops.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>