Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallions for Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:37pm
I doubt they sell.
reductio ad absurdum
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:08am
Will be interested in what you come up with diomed.

I thought territories but having had no runners I knew he was no chance. At least got the invincible spirit part correct. Territories being by invincible spirit and from the female line of street cry is why they chose iai and maybe they are trying to replicate territories. if this is not the case then not sure why they plonked for iai.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:01am
Y'all complaining about them sending her to a sprinting stallion when that's what the focus of Aus racing is.
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:07am
I have not bothered to check  stallion fees, or their success at stud.
These are the best pedigree matches imo, and they are not very good matches.
Stallion names are truncated as I had to make up a name ZZZ + WINX + STALLION NAME

You will see that in many cases the full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition feature.
If they are on the sire dam line and on the dam line of Winx then you might get a superior female (see Goldikova FR for three linked dam lines).
From what I see Winx is unlikely to produce a very good colt.
My guesswork is guesswork.  Horses do not follow my rules. Confused
These in a rough descending order of preference.

ZZZ WINX- TURFFONTEIN …… full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition in better position on the two dam lines, and Mr Prospector, Blakeney, Petingo matches.
ZZZ WINX- SKYLIMIT ….. full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition in better position on the two dam lines, and a few other matches
ZZZ WINX- THEROCK…….full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition in better position on the two dam lines, but not much else
ZZZ WINX- BULLMORE….. close relationship between Bombay Duck and Gold Digger, dam of Mr Prospector
ZZZ WINX- FIGHTING SUN …… full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition
ZZZ WINX- OUTREACH ….. full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition in better position on the two dam lines
ZZZ WINX- REWARD FOR EFFO …. full siblings Royal News and Sovereign Edition in better position on the two dam lines, but not much else
ZZZ WINX- TOSEN STARDOM….. full siblings Dance Spell and Voodoo Rhythm.  Northern Taste has a second line of Lady Angela which links the two mentioned.  Obeah (in Dance Spell and Voodoo Rhythm traces on dam line to Aloe as does Highclere
ZZZ WINX- CRACKERJACK KIN …..TOO CLOSE
ZZZ WINX- GINGERBREAD MAN….. TOO CLOSE
ZZZ WINX- PUISSANCE DE LU…..TOO CLOSE
ZZZ WINX- SHAMOLINE WARRI…. TOO CLOSE

Many sires with Shamardal matching his full sibling Helen Street in the sire of Winx, Street Cry, ignored as it is too close.(Crackerjack King; Gingerbread Man; Puissance de Lune; Shamoline Warrior)

Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:12am
I Am Invincible gets the nod.
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:18am
I now have 400+ Australian stallion of file, probably the most expensive standing.
If anyone wants me to match their mare with those stallions send me a PM.
This is inbreeding analysis, looking for the best matches (in my opinion).
I can add to my AUS stallions later.
I don't even know the months of the AUS breeding season.
What I try to avoid is people asking me about one stallion.

Please don't start a PM storm.
A person sent me forty PMs before he asked a question, and then increased the volume. Unhappy
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 10:21am
Season officially begins August 1 with covering starting Sept 1 Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Everything about Winx has been unadventurous.

Her connections have no imagination.

haha.. have to agree with you there. But most champion mares are put to stallions based entirely on commercial return. It's hard to resist a guaranteed few $million in yearling sales. Unless it's a filly in which case the thoughts of retaining becomes relevant. Depends on the owners interests, etc. But unadventurous yes, even to the clothes they wore. Big smile
Mayor
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:12pm
Winx ....is a freak.
Her breeding is ...nothing outstanding.
The owners can afford IAI.
Will be an upgrade for her.
Matching this and that wont make much difference.
Not unless her dam becomes a blue hen.
Watching the Ascot racing Frankel featured quite well; a son of Frankel?
She's finished racing, nothing to "lose"
go to England and access all the beautiful stallions there.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:06pm
I imagine connections had plenty of professional advice before they chose.   And havnt they said they wont be selling ?
LOL at the fee Big smile One would expect Yarraman would be paying to have her grace their horse with her presence LOL I cant imagine they would be paying that !!!
Most ( not all ) here keep on about why IAI is no good, but only a couple have come up witth VALID reasons, and made suggestions as to other choices. 
animals before people.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:19pm
Interesting that Winx was in the minority pedigree wise being Danehill-free and that the 1st foal will also be Danehill-free. Almost an anomaly. I give it a tick on that basis because I've always been a little bit of a Danehill knocker.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:42pm
Look nothing against Danehill but they do come in a certain type - unlike her type.  And her build is perhaps where the engine comes from.  Also the 1/2 by Snitzel wasn't anywhere near as good as Winx.  Still think one of the more elegant lines but there is some blood in IAI which could match.  Just can't see the foal taking after Mum.  We want her build to come through.  Maybe next time.  And let's hope she has what it takes to give us plenty of excitement in years to come.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:43pm
How does Highland Reel match?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:15pm
I like it Tlaz, it does look a good paper match but I feel they'd be after more precocity Smile

Click image to enlarge then Zoom if needed

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:56pm
Highland Reel should throw plenty of precocity. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
Charm Spirit
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:42pm
If I owned Winx the only reason I would want an IAI foal is to sell to a cashed up mug.

Simon Cameron

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 6:18pm
To be fair Charm Spirit and Highland Reel are still unproven.  I can understand them wanting to go to a proven stallion.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 6:21pm
First thing to note is that it's hard to find stallions that appear to suit Winx from a pedigree match perspective, and most of those that do don't have the performance to warrant a mating.

So I'd be looking at those that have the necessary race and stud success, and are physically compatible.  Nothing too gross, and ones that won't dampen her leg speed.

So will go against the grain, and suggest I Am Invincible could be just fine.  

He had speed, is tall but isn't gross.  His old man Invincible Spirit has sired any number of superior stakes horses over 1600-2400m.  There are plenty of 1400-1600m stakes-winners on IAI's distaff side.  Importantly, 27% of his stakes winners have won over 1400 or 1600m.  

Fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 6:24pm
Watching the racing at Royal Ascot and the breeding that was on show i thought it made Australia look very provincial.
IF Winx could travel who in the WORLD would be suitable?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 6:41pm
Well if I don't mind IAI then Cracksman or Charm Spirit would be among the contenders. 

Top class 1400-1600 horses by Invincible Spirit and currently top and about 5th on the European Second Season Sires list after finishing 3rd and 4th in their first season.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 7:19pm
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 9:36pm
Easy name

In it to Winx it

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:16pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Easy name

In it to Winx it

Yuck- sounds like something in a Quirindi maiden.

Simon Cameron

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:08pm
I'm A Winxer

Shocked
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:56pm
So it is to be I am Invincible ..

The foal could be called..... So was my mum!!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 1:30am
I looked up children with famous parents for potential foal -
Alexa - billy Joel and Christie Brinkley
Lily Rose - Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
Rumer - Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
Jamie Lee - Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis
Quaid - meg Ryan and Dennis quaid
Rashida - Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 9:53am
Hi sister dot you'd possibly do better looking at sportsman children.  Winx might of been a superstar but it was her legs that did the talking.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 1:47pm
Haha yep I did, famous athletes kids, but couldn’t come up with anything remotely usable. Not that this list is much better......
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>