Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallion Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stallion Prospects
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:23pm
Listed at the highest level they've won at.

GROUP 1

Levendi

Prince Fawaz

Cape Of Good Hope

Fifty Stars

Quick Thinker

Mirage Dancer

Sir Dragonet

Artorius

Portland Sky

Lunar Fox

Mo’Unga

Stay Inside

Anamoe

Explosive Jack

Captivant

GROUP 2

Endless Drama

Time To Reign

Dalasan

The Holy One

The Chosen One

Chief Ironside

Standout

Mamaragan

Splintex

Gallic Chieftain

Doubtland

Glenfiddich

I Am Superman

Dirty Work

Wild Ruler

Peltzer

Graff

Sound

Poland

Home Affairs

O’President

Lightsaber

Grandslam

GROUP 3

Native Soldier

Stampede

Stronger

Reykjavik

Global Quest

Prague

Holyfield

Dawn Passage

Wisdom Of Water

Orderofthegarter

Persan

Shaquero

Ranting

The Elanora

Finance Tycoon

Alpine Edge

Zethus

General Beau

Oxley Road

Kalashnikov

Signore Fox

Paulele

LISTED

Sandbar

All Too Huiying

Ragged Rascal

The Odyssey

Jonker

Iconoclasm

Banquo

Snitzkraft

Ingratiating

Khoekhoe

Ain’tnodeeldun

Confrontational

Profiteer

Ellsberg

Three Kings

Significance

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:05pm
Thanks, and welcome WS.  Thumbs Up
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:36pm
Yes, welcome WS.

Always thought having a share in The Odyssey as a racehorse would have been nice. As a sire, no idea. 
White Stallion View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:45pm
Forgot to remove Doubtland. It's at Widden Stud.
Time To Reign to Kingstar Farm $9,900
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:23am
Thoughts on Gr-1 horses that are worth exactly what you paid for them...  :D

Levendi -- between his mare line, distance preference, and no sons of Pierro at stud there, I expect that he'll wind up in New Zealand.

Prince Fawaz -- wait, he wasn't already retired?  

Quick Thinker -- I can see him going to somewhere like Widden in Victoria.  He has an odd pedigree -- by So You Think out of a mare who is a genetic sibling to Redoute's Choice. No Sir T, which would make him an interesting choice for Reset or Lonhro mares. 

Lunar Fox -- Raise your hand if you're surprised that Foxwedge's best runners are out of 100% North American mare lines, most of whom are out of imported North American mares (like his very US-bred dam).  Too bad racing in Canada is kind of in a state right now, otherwise Lunar Fox would be worth importing to run in North America and later stand in Ontario.

Artorius -- provided he runs on, I can see him getting picked up by one of the big names -- Arrowfield, Coolmore, or Darley.  His mare line produces stallions, full stop.  His dam is a half-sister to a millionaire by Shamardal, which suggests that he would pair well with mares by Street Cry and sons and Shamardal and sons.  If he doesn't run on, I can see him taking Artie Schiller's stall after that one is pensioned.

Mo'unga -- Kiwi pedigree w/o Danehill, Canny Lad, Pins, Sadlers Wells, Fairy King, or -- and this is very rare now -- Raise a Native.  O'Reilly as broodmare sire is a bonus.  Savabeel is unproven as a sire of sires and his mare line is very good but not quite top tier in NZ.  Being owned by Aquis is a serious detriment at this point.  I like him, I think he has a lot of upside as a racehorse but it's going to be a hard slog to get him started as a stallion unless the Fung family cut a deal with someone.  Oddly enough, if he runs on and especially if he goes to Hong Kong for a bit I can see one of the smaller Japanese farms taking a punt on him as an outcross (Arrow Stud perhaps).

Sir Dragonet -- it will be a hard slog to match this horse with mares.  He's already got 2 crosses each to Danzig, Sadlers Wells, and Mr Prospector.  His sire's best Australian-bred runner is a Gr-2 winner in New Zealand...all of his other stakes winners are northern hemisphere-breds, and his only Australian-bred multiple stakes winner has won at listed level in South Africa.   

Explosive Jack -- whether or not he runs on will determine if he goes back to NZ to take his late sire's place, or if he winds up in Australia as a horse who is free of both Danehill and Sir Tristram and with only one line to Sadlers Wells.
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:00am
Gr-2 winners, same thing

Wild Ruler -- For a while, his broodmare sire Daaher was one of the best budget-fee horses in the USA, and his 2nd damsire Indian Charlie was sneaky good at siring very fast turf speedballs.  That said, his female family except for his dam are all about US restricted listed class, so grain of salt.  But as a fast son of Snitzel he's got upside, especially if he wins a Gr-1.

Dirty Work -- Can ride his sire Written Tycoon's coattails just as Wild Ruler can ride Snitzel's. Lots of deep, quality production in his female family as a bonus. This is the family of Pinwheel and Arcadia Queen so he'll have Lonhro and Pierro mares lining up.  

The Chosen One -- Raise the Flag at White Robe Lodge is getting old, I can easily see TCO as his heir apparent.  

Endless Drama -- I expect that he'll stay in New Zealand and go to one of the stud farms there.  Possibly at Rich Hill with Shocking and Proisir, he seems to fit that profile.

Dalasan -- will most likely wind up in Vic.  I think he can probably grab a Gr-1 in there somewhere.  The best argument for him pedigree-wise in Australia is that he has absolutely no Danzig at all.  I also like that his dam is by Kitten's Joy, he's been a solid stallion in North America for a long time.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:37am
Originally posted by White Stallion White Stallion wrote:

Forgot to remove Doubtland. It's at Widden Stud.
Time To Reign to Kingstar Farm $9,900
welcome aboard.

Anamoe is almost certainly staying with Darley & Artorius also has a home at Newgate.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:30pm
Chief Ironside listed for sale on Inglis digital as stallion prospect

CHIEF IRONSIDE is a Group 2 Winner and he was retired from racing in October 2021. With his good looks, Group form and strong pedigree, he is ready to commence a new career in the breeding barn. 

The entire’s talent was identified by Australian Bloodstock’s form guru, Luke Murrell, and he was purchased as a tried horse in 2019. He had Group form with two Groups 3 placings in the UK from a mile to 2000m and his first up assignment in Australia was the Group 1 MRC Toorak Handicap where he was not disgraced, beaten 5.7L. Second up, he showed his true ability, winning the Group 2 MVRC Schweppes Crystal Mile in the final run for his UK trainer, David Menuisier. He continued racing at the elite level with a luckless 4th in the Listed Scone Cup, a gallant 3rd in the Group 3 Cameron Handicap and, although not in the placings, he was not beaten far it the Group 1 BRC Stradbroke Handicap (race record time), Group 1 MRC Toorak Handicap and Group 1 VRC Cantala Stakes. 

CHIEF IRONSIDE is from a strong female line being from MOMENT IN TIME (RAINBOW QUEST). She was a Stakes Placed horse herself and is a half sister to Group 3 winner TIME AWAY (DARSHAAN) who has produced Group 2 Winner TIME ON (SADLER’S WELLS) and Listed Winner POSTED (KINGMAN). The Black Type continues all the way down the page. 

CHIEF IRONSIDE is by LAWMAN, a son of the great INVINCIBLE SPIRIT, who has developed a stellar record as both a sire and a sire of sires over recent years, highlighted by the much-acclaimed KINGMAN, who commands a stud fee of £150,000. LAWMAN has produced 21 Group winners (only 2 less then KINGMAN) and 13 other Stakes Horses to date. His Group 1 Winners include JUST THE JUDGE, PRETTY GORGEOUS, HARBOUR LAW, MARCEL, LAW ENFORCEMENT and MOST IMPROVED.

The INVINCIBLE SPIRIT sire line has certainly proven its’ worth in Australia, led by the outstanding I AM INVINCIBLE. SHALAA is making his mark, as is TERRITORIES and MAGNA GRECIA to follow. INVINCIBLE SPIRIT grandsons, like CHIEF IRONSIDE, are also on the up with HELLBENT leading the way. 

CHIEF IRONSIDE is an absolute gentleman to handle. He does not require shoes and is paddocked in close proximity to other horses. He stands at 16.1h. 

Please contact Davali Thoroughbreds for further information or to arrange an inspection.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:42pm
I had a look at him, he didn't grab me on type, hope he goes well as a sire all the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply