Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

SPORTSBET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 4:14pm
major problems with the app since 2 weeks ago when they updated it. they have messed up badly
Bright Day View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 4:15pm
ring Matty
panoramic View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panoramic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 12:07am
I tried to put a $500 win bet on with them fixed odds the other night online. Bet wasn't accepted, they offered betting $100 instead. Tried again without success. About 1 minute later, they drop the price by $8. Now this was at around 2.30am for the Sunday races, so can't imagine this was due to anything else but my attempted bet. Pretty shonky behaviour if you ask me.
Had a not so constructive talk with the live chat person. They said to call up to bet a larger amount. I said I'd happily do that if they planned on putting the price back up!
Then tried to withdraw the $500 left in the account having done all the required verification, but the system wouldn't allow me to withdraw. Rang and was told the $ needed to be bet through the money before I could withdraw. This seems very ethically wrong. Got my money out eventually.
I will never bet with them again.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by panoramic panoramic wrote:

I tried to put a $500 win bet on with them fixed odds the other night online. Bet wasn't accepted, they offered betting $100 instead. Tried again without success. About 1 minute later, they drop the price by $8. Now this was at around 2.30am for the Sunday races, so can't imagine this was due to anything else but my attempted bet. Pretty shonky behaviour if you ask me.
Had a not so constructive talk with the live chat person. They said to call up to bet a larger amount. I said I'd happily do that if they planned on putting the price back up!
Then tried to withdraw the $500 left in the account having done all the required verification, but the system wouldn't allow me to withdraw. Rang and was told the $ needed to be bet through the money before I could withdraw. This seems very ethically wrong. Got my money out eventually.
I will never bet with them again.

This is an interesting one. It is in their T&c's that you have to turn it over at least once but I have had a similar problem where I wanted to put a bet on and they changed the odds after I have submitted the bet. I rang them and told them I wanted my money back and they said no. I complained more loudly about them being deceptive by offering a product that was not available and they relented. End of story they will give your money back if you push them. The only time they may not is if you have got free bets out of the deposit.
Schillaci View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:32pm
Up to the usual level of service again yesterday. Website and app crash again and the customer service doesn't realise that the app had crashed. Also have to love their spruiking of the world cup promotion of the 3 leg multi and if you miss on one leg, you get your money back. Which you don't as you get a free bet to the stake value with all of the usual restrictions, including not getting the stake value on any return. Then all you hear is our mate Matty spruiking how much money they ahve returned. Thats it for me with them and does anyone have an opinion on sportingbet? Looking to change to them. Cheers.
Nothing better than seeing the Big Grey in full flight!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:44pm
Sportingbet/centrebet (same mob) are ok and let me on for a long time but I'm banned now. Centrebet have ok sports markets as well. 

If you want an unprofessional mob try Classicbet. Had to ring twice to get bets paid out that had finished 12 hours ago and went to put a bet on Wimbledon two nights ago and they had just decided they were not going to take tennis bets that night. Of course you wouldn't take tennis bets when the biggest tournament of the year is on!
Nitro View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:09pm
After I complained about there mobil app they sent me an email saying sorry and gave me a $20 free bet. The app still crashes but the free bets have stopped. 

I have been using topsport these days and I am very happy with using them. There app is fast but so is the desktop one which I use on my mobil as well. I like the desktop version on my mobil better then the app version. I now never miss a bet. What I really hate about mobil bets is if they change the odds I just think I have the bet on but then realize it is still asking me to confirm again. Angry when you win too but funny enough the mobil has saved me some coin because that bet lost. Ermm
Schillaci View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:27pm
Crashed again, quality service. Now you can't even use the free bets.
Nothing better than seeing the Big Grey in full flight!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:46pm
They just gave me a couple of free bets out of the blue ... maybe due to the IT issues ... gunna make 'em pay now!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:53pm
App not working for me
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 1:25pm
Anyone wanna back a retired horse at $101 in the Caulfield Cup this year

Shame on them. 
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 1:37pm
Retired is a bit different to deceased or barred (which they have zero chance of coming back from)Tongue.

There has been a couple of them over recent years on various corporate sites.

Edited by Gay3 - 03 Jul 2020 at 1:44pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:14pm
I'm sure the legendary John. H. Griffiths wouldn't pull this stunt, but they are smart arses today and every 2nd punters a mug.Angry
iamt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:31pm
Not defending them, but it is money back if the horse isn't nominated.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:30pm
Not to mention. horses that never existed, for example, Kobalt (GER)
Muss View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 2:48pm
Had a gutful of Risky Lettuce bro.

Can we move on?
Keyboard Warrior
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 5:18pm
z
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234