Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

So Si Bon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 11:35am
Amazing old horse.

Was running Top 5 in the Zipping Classic as far back in 2016 and 2017,  has since won an Auries Star and an Eclipse and has redefined himself since being Gelded.

Great story.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 6:55am
Whilst he’s still trying hard, seems to have dropped a notch this Spring/Summer.  Had a nice run yesterday in the Lord Stakes but didn’t drive through the gap when it presented itself in the straight.
speedingaway View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedingaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 12:36pm
I know he won that race at Caulfield leading and I do think he's regressed this preparation, but I think he races better when he's worse of midfield. I feel like he loses his turn of foot on speed. The problem is, he always jumps really well and you can't drop him back after those getaways.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 1:35pm
Should send him to Tom.
He’d love the Bool environment 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 2:09pm
Thumbs Up

Or to JD in Honkers.  Nah, not a great idea at all.  Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 2:34pm
I know this will sound hypocritical from me, but has he had a proper spell since the spring of 2020?

His last few runs he has looked like a tired horse when placed under full race pressure.

If a horse has a good record when given traditional Australian preps then I do not understand why you would suddenly have them in work all year round.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 4:13pm
I think it's called 'keeping up with the Jone's'...........eerrr factories Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 9:05pm
Always enjoy seeing this horse go around the way he moves .... would've been nice if they could've bred ... anyway at the risk of sounding smart there's ..... l never do that do l  ... Ermm Smile There's a little trick to this guy you can see now and then ..... anyway nice song on the radio gotta go Wink
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 6:05pm
I guess he's reached that point in his career where he is no longer as good as his rating and subsequently being weighted out of races at his natural level.

A race like the RA Lee in Adelaide or the Wayne Wilson on Stradbroke day are both within his capabilities for mine.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 6:29pm
More to the point I'd have have thought Afros.  Thumbs Up

Maybe JD might make a belated appearance on Racing.com or whatever to express his opinion. Wink 
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 1:00am
What a warrior this horse is, just failed to make it a three-peat in the Vobis Gold Mile today.  Now nudging the $2m prize money mark.

75 career starts and still putting in Clap
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 1:59pm
He's been scratched from the mile race at Caulfield today, hopefully he's ok?

I wonder if there is any chance he could head to Qld? Some suitable races for him over the next few weeks including a listed hcp over a mile next week at Doomben, the 1800m Lord Mayors Cup at Eagle Farm on Derby Day an the Listed Wayne Wilson on Stradbroke Day over a mile at WFA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 10:59pm
He’s never done well on previous interstate trips to NSW or QLD.  So I’d be keeping him in Victoria. Winter Championship heats & final are probably the way to go.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 12:20am
heard the stable mention that he was scratched due to the wide draw, will be saved for a similar race in 2 weeks time at Flemington
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 1:44am
Why not hitch a ride over to meet the Queen at Ascot Big smile
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

heard the stable mention that he was scratched due to the wide draw, will be saved for a similar race in 2 weeks time at Flemington

There is a BM100 race over a mile in 2 weeks at Flemington, I guess that is the race, maybe that followed by the Swan Hill Cup in June 12 and the Winter Championship final on July 2 is what they are thinking?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:19am
The old boy goes around in the Winter Championship Final tomorrow with 56.5kg on top, the lowest weight he's carried outside Group 1 company (in last years Stradbroke and the 2019 Cantala) since he won the Auries Star way back in 2019.

If he runs top 2 he'll crack the $2 million prize money barrier.

Maybe worth a sneaky each way bet?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:00pm
It is my understanding Afros that if he does not win it is his last run, and if he does win he may be aimed at the Makybe Diva to give him his chance of winning the group 1.

Hos last two have been below par but this field does have a big tail so I can see him running well at good odds.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 8:37pm
Id dearly love to see him crack the $2m prize money mark before he retires.

Ran an honest race today but the old SSB would have boxed on in the straight to jag a place.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 8:42pm
Suspect you're being kind LH.  Though one more start would almost certainly have him pass the $2m mark.  A grand campaigner but clearly a light of other days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 6:57pm
Remiss of us not to mention SSB cracking the $2m mark with his 2nd placing at Caulfield yesterday.

Just turned 9yo & 80 starts - proper racehorse Clap
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 10:15pm
Who wouldnt kill to have a horse like that.   Clap
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:46am
Ran an honest race again and finally reached the $2 million prize money mark
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:14am
Pretty sure someone in an early comp picked So Si Bon as one of their horses.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:54am
Yes no longer on the site but Flight had him in the 2015 comp.  Mind you Goldey and Aussiepunter take the cake for picking Redzel!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
and I picked a bunch of horses that couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 3:50pm
We can all do that Shawy38.  A good looking horse or a good pedigree doesn't tell the full story!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 3:01pm
The old boy goes around in the Cranbourne Cup this weekend at decent odds and with 54kg on his back, surely worth an each way ticket?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:21pm
Won today at Sandown, race 2. Doesnt win often but today was the day 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:59pm
Interestingly, Kah picked up that he doesn't love the whip so she never hit him which makes perfect sense. He know where the post is, clearly wants to win but, when giving his all, why should he put up with being hit for his efforts? Smart, honest horse Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>