Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Savatoxl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:26pm
Thanks Gay.

ps Will isn't our owner/member DirtRace.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:12pm
Only slipped this into the quaddie in the last minute and thank god I did! Beer
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:19pm
Congrats PMD, even if some might query the legitimacy of your post-meeting success advice.  

And doubly fortunate that for a change no jock stuffed up and cruelled your investment.  Big smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Congrats PMD, even if some might query the legitimacy of your post-meeting success advice.  

And doubly fortunate that for a change no jock stuffed up and cruelled your investment.  Big smile

23% of 24k baby! For only a $50 outlay. Took Moody's in the first one out. Happy to PM you my mobile number and flick you a screenshot of the result if you would like me to 'legitimise' my success advice. Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:30pm
Also while we're at it, tipped 9/9 on the AFL Sportsbet tipping comp and as always had a $25 investment on the multi. Another 1.5k baby! Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:34pm
No, it's totally up to you to provide the screenshot.  If only because I don't for a minute believe you, though am prepared eager to be proven wrong and apologize accordingly.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:53pm
Sorry I tried twice. Happy for someone to advise.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 7:21pm
No doubt the worst ride I've ever seen in over 40 years.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 7:58pm
Be that right or wrong Shawy, even given the pressure on down the straight the horse raced most ungenerously.  Suspect he may have an issue which almost certainly hampered his chances of finishing closer.

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:09pm
Extract from stewards report

SAVATOXL – Momentarily inconvenienced near the 300 metres when JONKER rolled out. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to be short striding slightly in the near foreleg.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I'm not a big rap on the McEvoys' ability to keep horse sound but in this guys' case, I reckon to have survived the tough grounding of Alice & Darwin racing, they'll have no trouble in this regard Big smile & yes, SC, my congrats to DirtRace on an astute buy Clap

Deary me didn't I put the mozz on this poor chap
Cry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 8:16pm
he has certainly been an interesting one since Bonfield fell in love ,   many moons ago ...   I note he has 3/4 of a million in prize money . Not bad for a Horse that pulls the milk cart 6 days a week.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:36pm
What on earth is happening up here? 3 horses vetted on Thursday and found to be mildly lame???? inc this horse, after the race they all pulled up lame........who was the vet that passed them? This is unbelievable.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:40pm
From another thread Bonjour:

Three horses found to be slightly lame before the race:

Savatiano: A post-race veterinary examination revealed lameness in the near foreleg. Connections were advised the mare would require a veterinary clearance prior to its next race start.
Gytrash: A post-race veterinary examination revealed lameness in the near foreleg. Connections were advised the gelding would require a veterinary clearance prior to its next race start
Savatoxl: A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to be short striding slightly in the near foreleg.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:44pm
Only in Queensland? Confused

Savatiano, Gytrash in doubt for Kingsford-Smith

The two favourites for Saturday’s Group 1 Kingsford-Smith Cup at Eagle Farm are in some doubt with lameness issues and must be re-examined by vets on Friday before being cleared to take their place in the $700,000 spring feature.

Group 1 winners Gytrash, South Australia’s star horse, and Godolphin galloper Savatiano are the betting fancies for the 1300m weight-for-age sprint.

Savatiano has been well-backed into $3.90 favouritism while Gytrash, who was able to fly up earlier this week after travel plans had been initially thrown into chaos by a COVID horse flight drama, is the $4.80 second pick.

But on Thursday night, a statement from the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission said: “An examination of Kingsford-Smith Cup runners found Gytrash to be exhibiting lameness in the near-foreleg, Savatiano was exhibiting mild lameness in the off-foreleg and Savatoxl was mildly lame in the near-fore leg.”

Another Group 1 winner, Savatoxl, who won The Goodwood last start, will also face further vet scrutiny on Friday before being given the green light to start in the Kingsford-Smith.

Savatoxl was mildly lame in the near-foreleg,” QRIC said.

Chris Waller-trained Group 1 Queensland Derby runner Quiet Michael, (beaten 14+lens) a $26 chance, “has some mild lameness in the off-foreleg” and will also require a further vet examination on Friday.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:45pm
How did they get to start? Horses can't talk, the placebo effect doesn't work with animals, lameness shows the human something just aint right, even pricking while plating is a no go........I'm gobsmacked....
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:55pm
How do some of these officials keep their jobs?

SAVATOXL – Momentarily inconvenienced near the 300 metres when JONKER rolled out. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to be short striding slightly in the near foreleg.

However, no mention here Confused:

Warnings/bars
Race 2: PRIORITISE – stood flat footed at the start – barrier certificate.
Race 4: TRIPTONIC – atrial fibrillation – vet clearance including ECG test.
Race 6: DARK REBEL – hung out badly – trial prior to next race start.
Race 8: GYTASH – lame near foreleg – vet clearance
Race 8: SAVATIANO – lame near foreleg – vet clearance
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:58pm
Get a grip guys and gals: the QTC couldn't afford to have three of the race headliners, from three different States or Territories, scratched on Saturday morning.  Dead  Stern Smile

ps but then again they've certainly just lost two and probably three potential starters in the Stradbroke. Might have been better for the Stipes to have ordered their withdrawal yesterday, as with Ayrton also out the Straddie is beginning to appear humungously thin.
iamt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

How do some of these officials keep their jobs?

However, no mention here Confused:

Warnings/bars
Race 2: PRIORITISE – stood flat footed at the start – barrier certificate.
Race 4: TRIPTONIC – atrial fibrillation – vet clearance including ECG test.
Race 6: DARK REBEL – hung out badly – trial prior to next race start.
Race 8: GYTASH – lame near foreleg – vet clearance
Race 8: SAVATIANO – lame near foreleg – vet clearance

The lower mentions are for horses needing a clearance to race again. Savatoxl may not need a vet clearance to start again, in which case the report is fine.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:00pm
See re some of them above Ian.
iamt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:20pm
Gay's comment it about the stewards not having Savatoxl mentioned in the bars table. He doesn't need to be there as there is no vet clearance required for him to start again (unlike the others).

It has nothing to do with the previous inspections. Simply put the stewards report is correct.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:27pm
Of course it's correct.  But the point is there's no surprise the three horses earlier identified as lame on Thursday pulled up lame once again post race.  Which might suggest that the race-day inspections...
iamt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:31pm
But Gay was suggesting it wasn't correct, which was the only reason I commented.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:33pm
.............. & that they have a very good veterinary, equine lameness spotter. However, what of the Sat. morning exams? All magigally 100%? Results say not Unhappy
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:26pm
It’s ethically disastrous for racing to put an unsound horse on the track. When are certain owners/trainers/officials going to realise that?
Every horse that breaks down on our tracks adds to the statistics. Organisations keep records. The public listens and cares.  It doesn’t get ignored or ticked off as an everyday occurrence any longer. I can’t understand why stricter regulations aren’t being put in place, in order to secure the longevity of the industry. 

Edited by Sister Dot - 30 May 2021 at 10:28pm
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:57pm
I agree!!! The buck stops with the trainer who's supposedly responsible for the horses' welfare. I remember Beggs' horse was one of a few deemed NQR for the 2021 BD but instead of screaming abuse at all who'd listen, immediately scratched & spelled her Clap
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:19am
GB is an exception to the rule I found, him, his sisters, his Father, love the animal and it showed, the horse came first, gotta luv that family.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 12:55pm
If they're lame 48 hours before the race they should be out.
DirtRace View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtRace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 3:09pm
Trainer Tony reports Savatoxl has pulled up extremely well from yesterday’s Kingsford Smith run when finishing just outside the placings. Tony feels it was a perfect run from a Stradbroke point of view and will take benefit of racing the QLD direction.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:50pm
Poor horse.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>