Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog April 14 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Best day's racing I can remember in a long time. Good horses all going at it on a fair track.
Only downside is aussie jovks

Jocks in sydney cup.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Needless to say I’m pumped for today - with a bit of luck....

This is me today:

Randwick

R2 Isaurian $2.8 ***BEST BET*** - brilliant behind the in form I Am Excited last start, and that was on the back of a huge win prior. Well placed here and should be winning.

R3 Cristobal $26 & Fiesta $6.5 - tough race. Cristobal my main cheer at big odds. Thought she was great last start behind Sunlight and can peak here. Fiesta was the run of the Slipper. Full stop.

R5 Viridine $31/$7.75 from I Am Excited $26 & Booker $26 - massive result potentially here to say the least. Viridine has been awesome in open company this prep and back to his own age and set weights here is perfect. IAE has been unbeatable. Only question if she’s still at peak here? Booker back from open company as well. After-thought? Save on Pariah $9. I’d appreciate your prayers to the Overs God.

R6 Unforgotten $6 & Hiyaam $9 - very keen on these two. They’ll be closer in the run today I feel and with the extra 400m Unforgotten will test Hiyaam late. The Oaks is often an on pace affair so Hiyaam will look the winner. Luvaluva and Savvy Coup both chances.

R7 Humidor place $2.42 - Humidor needs only to produce something like his Cox Plate run to be clear 2nd pick here. Happy Clapper in career best but noticeably comes back to them over 2000m.

R8 Almandin $6 from Pre Stwick $17 & Auvray $13 - Almandin wasn’t good to me last prep but he looks to have returned to his best this time with a great G1 WFA win last start. Well weighted here but even so you don’t want much more in a Sydney Cup. The Japanese stayers are superior and Pre Stwick has good form. Auvray suited back to handicap and up to 2 miles.

R9 Dixie Blossoms $17 from Spanish Reef $17 & Silent Sedition $8 - by this time of day the headwind will be howling and you might want to be back with cover. Dixie better back to Randwick and has had no luck of late. Spanish Reef will be on speed and is flying, while Silent Sedition is in peak condition.

R10 Quilista $6 & Spright $16/$4.7 from Sugar Bella $6.5 - Quilista and Spright we’re both massive first up doing the job for us and I’ve stuck with them both. Gives us an on speed and off speed angle. Spright is crazy odds.

Caulfield

R7 William Thomas $4.8/$2 - we made a killing off him first up and see no reason to get off here. He should appreciate the step to 1200m and meets an average field. Price is fine - great each way bet.

Morphettville

R3 Music Bay $2.7 - impressive win on debut. Right trainer/jock combo for Adelaide!

R7 Leicester - short here but looks the one. Was unsuited last start when back off a slow speed. The winner is promising and won again at its next start. With some even luck in running Leicester should stamp himself as a promising type himself here.

Good luck and good punting.

Mixed bag with a few hard luck stories. I just want to say your description of the Oaks was absolutely spot on. It panned out exactly how you predicted. It probably won't make you feel better if you've had a gelati day but you deserve credit for that one.

I'll be following Music Bay going forward. Wish they'd take Dom off though. Tactically he leaves alot to be desired.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:49pm
SUGAR BELLA pulled up lame Saturday...       Her failure answered.

into the Black book.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234