Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog April 14 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog April 14 2018
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:04am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:57am
good luck all

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:28am
Good morning Gay3, jimbob04 and all.  Big smile  Good luck everyone!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:36am
Tough to say the least.

My punting will be on   Race 9--17 Alizee,   Race 10 11 Sugar Belle.

I'll certainly "lay" a few , depending on price ,   NOT WINX.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:30am
Needless to say I’m pumped for today - with a bit of luck....

This is me today:

Randwick

R2 Isaurian $2.8 ***BEST BET*** - brilliant behind the in form I Am Excited last start, and that was on the back of a huge win prior. Well placed here and should be winning.

R3 Cristobal $26 & Fiesta $6.5 - tough race. Cristobal my main cheer at big odds. Thought she was great last start behind Sunlight and can peak here. Fiesta was the run of the Slipper. Full stop.

R5 Viridine $31/$7.75 from I Am Excited $26 & Booker $26 - massive result potentially here to say the least. Viridine has been awesome in open company this prep and back to his own age and set weights here is perfect. IAE has been unbeatable. Only question if she’s still at peak here? Booker back from open company as well. After-thought? Save on Pariah $9. I’d appreciate your prayers to the Overs God.

R6 Unforgotten $6 & Hiyaam $9 - very keen on these two. They’ll be closer in the run today I feel and with the extra 400m Unforgotten will test Hiyaam late. The Oaks is often an on pace affair so Hiyaam will look the winner. Luvaluva and Savvy Coup both chances.

R7 Humidor place $2.42 - Humidor needs only to produce something like his Cox Plate run to be clear 2nd pick here. Happy Clapper in career best but noticeably comes back to them over 2000m.

R8 Almandin $6 from Pre Stwick $17 & Auvray $13 - Almandin wasn’t good to me last prep but he looks to have returned to his best this time with a great G1 WFA win last start. Well weighted here but even so you don’t want much more in a Sydney Cup. The Japanese stayers are superior and Pre Stwick has good form. Auvray suited back to handicap and up to 2 miles.

R9 Dixie Blossoms $17 from Spanish Reef $17 & Silent Sedition $8 - by this time of day the headwind will be howling and you might want to be back with cover. Dixie better back to Randwick and has had no luck of late. Spanish Reef will be on speed and is flying, while Silent Sedition is in peak condition.

R10 Quilista $6 & Spright $16/$4.7 from Sugar Bella $6.5 - Quilista and Spright we’re both massive first up doing the job for us and I’ve stuck with them both. Gives us an on speed and off speed angle. Spright is crazy odds.

Caulfield

R7 William Thomas $4.8/$2 - we made a killing off him first up and see no reason to get off here. He should appreciate the step to 1200m and meets an average field. Price is fine - great each way bet.

Morphettville

R3 Music Bay $2.7 - impressive win on debut. Right trainer/jock combo for Adelaide!

R7 Leicester - short here but looks the one. Was unsuited last start when back off a slow speed. The winner is promising and won again at its next start. With some even luck in running Leicester should stamp himself as a promising type himself here.

Good luck and good punting.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:37am
Is there a better bet all day than Just Dreaming in the Provincial final ?
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:46am
No djebel!

Basically with Sunline in most races with the following exceptions.

Race 1 Vega One.
Race 3 add Pure Elation
Race 7 Ambitious the place
Race 8 adding Peribsen for the pace and Ormito the roughie

Good luck everyone and lots of success!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:53am
I forgot to add Doukhan in the Sydney Cup $151/$38.5 - big place chance!
Sunline...simply supreme
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:10am
Viridine*
 Sugarbella**
Prompt Response
Bon Amis***
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:28am
Wow don't want to jinx you Sunline but you could be having a day to remember!!

I quite liked Gator's plan on Get On of a running double in the last 2 at Randwick. Potential for a good collect for a small outlay.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
Great fields today but l'll be focusing on a couple of obscure ones...

Gold Coast race 7 - I Remember You. Happy to play at the $9 fixed. Looks overs to me. Ran an enormous race the last time at this track. I love to follow up on horses who have previously ran good races at the track in question. It's one of the things l look for and this horse fits that criteria for me today.

Ararat race 6 - Super Mover. This horse is ticking over well. It's not a world beater but it'll give a sight. 4th run of the prep. Should be at it's peak today. Solid each way play. A couple of the opposition have question marks at the trip.

If they're running on at Caulfield today, l'll be interested in I Boogi later in the day. We all remember what it did the last time it was first up. But l feel it's chances today are heavily dependent on the way the track is playing. Could be worth a bet or could be a lay. We'll know by race time.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:00am
Just a heads up for those playing at Caulfield...

I live right next to the Caulfield track and the rain has started to come down. Not enough for a downgrade at this stage but it'll be a bit wet under foot. It's very windy here too. Obtaining cover will be vital l'd imagine.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:06am
Enhanced odds $4.80 Ladbrokes for Pure Elation. Odds are too good to knock back but have been a fan of Crystobal and may look at a saver.
I think Sparky Lad is overs at $14 Enhanced too.

I'll watch the betting on the rest but have penciled in :
Just Dreaming
Unforgotten
Aloft/Pre Stwick

Good luck all.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:29am
Michael Dee should be reinstated with his 4 kilo claim.

Twice this week I have backed him and he has ridden them worse than I'd expect from a first time rider
reductio ad absurdum
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:00pm
I'm currently leading the TAB tipping comp. That 100 grand is mine.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
What was bowman doing on isaurian
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Gave it every possible from where it was. Wasn't good enough.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Muss View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:44pm
The breaks just don't go Magics way down here.
Keyboard Warrior
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:45pm
Absolutely pissing down here at Caulfield. Start looking for those wettys.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:48pm
Too good Pure Elation, one classy filly.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Gave it every possible from where it was. Wasn't good enough.

I don't think it ran out the 1400. Much better suited at 1200 at this stage of it's career.

Schofield on his horse was a nuisance to both leaders. How he ended up three deep from barrier 2 is anyone's guess. The only thing in his defense was the horse was pulling hard.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Cry Has bled both nostrils, out for 3 months
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Cry Has bled both nostrils, out for 3 months

Well that's bad luck, good break , modern science, fingers crossed.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:23pm
It must be said, There must be no more than about 10kgs difference between a group 1 and class 4 in Australia.

No wonder the world is asking just what the kiss Winx is beating.

reductio ad absurdum
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I'm currently leading the TAB tipping comp. That 100 grand is mine.

Isaurian the only one I've missed so far.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:34pm
I'm starting to like Naantali at Caulfield. Race 7. I'm sure she's a swimmer. She'll get through it. I just would have liked a run under the belt. Hopefully they've put the work into her. That Maximus form looks good too. No knock on William Thomas who l was on last start but there's some doubt there having never been on a wet track.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:40pm
CAULFIELD NOW SOFT 6
"Go Hard or Go Home”
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:48pm
I Am Excited ..... good luck punters!
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
Bowman you have to be joking slaughter of the century, I bet you will never pull a stunt like that on Winx pathetic
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:54pm
4 out of 5 and haven't put a cent on except an early quad...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>