Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sad Threads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:26pm
Must be a real expert on each and every issue

Hmmm,,,,bit like you, hey SC ??   LOL
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:47pm
Dont want to pushy but their is a member on here that is not doing the job allocated to him. Quite a few threads - how can i best put it - need "redirecting" to be forever bestowed with the "Sad Thread" banner. Thanks
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:59pm
Now you know why I did the handball trick oneone LOL However there's a fair chance he 1) may not know the option exists & 2) no idea how to implement.
horlicks PM me if need be.
Oneone it would be helpful if you could point out the threads in question unless you're happy to let the sleeping dogs lie Wink

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Dunno if this post belongs here, but what the heck.  Couldn't sleep last night, and after reading half a Robert B Parker novel got up and opened up TBV not long after 2am.

There were new posts on thirteen different topics in Joffs All Sports Bar.  And would you believe that the last post in each and every one of the threads was by the very same member.Must be a real expert on each and every issue.  Wink

Anyone care to have a crack at pinning the tail on the, er, long eared equidae species?  Tongue

Was me when I did the night shift last week , Doc had an emergency , some critter had stolen his scrotum and he had to intercept before some demon like Greta had surgery.
   SC , we must realise that TBV is on life support.
many of us try to keep it afloat by contributing.
I seem to always offend , but you can see my intentions . KEEP THE BOAT AFLOAT.           . Yes SC , I used the term rectum in the jokes column and AA , almost died in horror. NOW I ask you , should we all be stripped of it.        .   That's how "best ignored's " arrive ,   One of those with a collar and tie.
Any contribution has to be viewed as good or the site disappears.
     We don't want that .. Sites aren't good after we've RECTUM.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Now you know why I did the handball trick oneone LOL However there's a fair chance he 1) may not know the option exists & 2) no idea how to implement.
horlicks PM me if need be.
Oneone it would be helpful if you could point out the threads in question unless you're happy to let the sleeping dogs lie Wink

No all good Gay - as you say "let sleeping dogs lie" LOL. Now here is the real funny bit - I wasn't referring to Horlicks. I was trying to re-activate another fellow member who seems to have lost a bit of interest in the place lately. I referred the "Sad Thread" administration role to him a while back & now he goes & drops the ball. I'm confident he will get his old energy back again LOL 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:00am
Everyone is free to make suggestions for inclusion in this fabulous thread. I will review all requests and say yay or nay
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
SC I am disappointed I thought you care for the environment yet you waste resources and duplicate an existing thread Confused

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:12pm
Having said that you are pretty spot on with these Wink

he Pharmacist                 Redemption 1

Pumped Hydro                  Tlaz 1

Fair Phone                         Redemption 2

Hungary now…                  Redemption 3

Holden                              Redemption 5

Rugby Championship       Afros 6

Parade St Kilda                  Baghdad Bob 6

GOAT                                Dr E 6

The Puppet Master         Oneonesit 6

Hidden Camera                  Redemption 8             

Julia Gillard                      Baghdad Bob 8

Ashton Turner                   Baghdad Bob 12

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:19pm
SC on that list you constructed you have none of your own, want to know why ? I have gone back over the last 10 pages in Joffs All Sports Bar and you have NOT commenced ONE thread, although you have come in numerous times to snipe at those named, who in good faith, endeavor to keep the forum going and create content. How about stop bagging others and start a thread .
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:48pm
Where's the so-called bag?  Just some attempted levity.

ps any reason you needed to replicate your post above, ie one that you've already posted elsewhere?

pss: your content is indeed highly valued by many of us: it remains a valued source of humor also.  Clap

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 6:56pm
Those two posts, whilst related to the same subject, are far from identical.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:18am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:24am
Think you may have jumped the gun Whale. There have been 2 posts already. Mind you, i realise you have been waiting weeks for this opportunity so it was not unexpected  Thumbs Up 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:32am
2 posts already, both from you Confused

As for waiting for weeks, nah, Bob gives me plenty of entries here Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:07pm
Had forgotten about this one but Gay actually posted there Shocked
Hardly any posts or views and 10 years premature, very sad and Embarrassed for me

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Feb 2020 at 6:15pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 1:38am
This thread should be where we post anything SAD.

I was sad when one of my great grandkids ,    asked could I help her & the partner to pay the $1000 rental bond for the place they are moving to.

I'd not long before gone onto facebook where I read their posts , say hi and leave .
I'm consistent :-   NO I can't help...   If you have money to get visible tattoo's and take away the Beauty you have been given .. Get the beast who scarred you for life to help.
Neither in work and here is a Real Estate agent ,putting them into someones investment property.
I see the sadness for many before this runs long . Especially the R.E Agent's client.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 1:40am
I didn't mention . I have an empty , self contained myself ....NO WAY.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:57am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:57pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:00pm
It's almost too sad for the Sad Threads.  Cry
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:04pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Another agenda driven crap tread from Bob

Just as I thought to myself, you would attempt to shut down that thread as you had no reason to dispute its content, and thus you would attempt to send it to Sad Threads.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:22pm

SC nothing hurts like the truth, you should join up with Whale and attempt to shut down any thread that does not suit your biased agenda.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:27am
Any reason this is down here Gay, very petty effort Confused

On another topic here is a first, a thread hs been removed, from our no 1 contributor oneonesit no lessShocked

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:30am
Another weak effort from our senior citizen. He may be obsessed with his health, understandably but nobody else cares, so boring

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:47am
Because it's about 80% sniping from you! Come to think of it there probably should be more join it for the same reason.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:48am
that's okay Gay, I know why you are upset Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 12:27pm
All my decision making with regards to the forum are solely based on an endeavour to make members experiences as enjoyable as can reasonably be expected on social media & that includes all the lurking, potential new members who I suspect don't like what they see.
My personal opinions are irrelevant when it comes to the above & I'm sure horlicks feels similarly.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

SC nothing hurts like the truth, you should join up with Whale and attempt to shut down any thread that does not suit your biased agenda.  

Whose biased agenda?  Gimme a break, all you download is biased and/or bigoted stuff from your beloved Right Wing media.  Ermm
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Any reason this is down here Gay, very petty effort Confused

On another topic here is a first, a thread hs been removed, from our no 1 contributor oneonesit no lessShocked

Whale finally takes ONE of my threads out of Sad threads & then the whole thing ends up in the Laundry Basket. Typical. My puntings no better at the moment !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>