Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RIP Za'im

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Za'im
    Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:43am
Poor old fella was euthanised last week. He had a bad accident about 4 years ago and stripped his back legs.  Result of that his bones had become like honeycomb and he was having problems.
Rest In Peace
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Sequi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sequi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:10am
Cry Good stallion, under utilised.
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:16am
Very underrated stallion. Another source off green desert gone.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:12pm
under other circumstances he could have been anything.
great horse to do what he did.
RIP mate.
animals before people.
KentuckyStars View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KentuckyStars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 8:22pm
Za-Im is no longer with us 

I think he was most under rated stallion standing in Nth NSW, his strike rate of winners to runners at one point was amazing...imagine if he'd seen some decent numbers and high quality mares? Gone too soon & never realised his full potential...

Snap up any of his filly's to keep his line going...

jaghill View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaghill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:53pm
Hi AA,
I have sold my Za-Im colt to the the stud who stood Za-Im. I was going to keep you informed of his progress. He will be going next month after weaning, but I will still stay in touch with him & will pass on any updates.

Very sad to lose Za-Im, but he couldn't have gone on any longer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by jaghill jaghill wrote:

Hi AA,
I have sold my Za-Im colt to the the stud who stood Za-Im. I was going to keep you informed of his progress. He will be going next month after weaning, but I will still stay in touch with him & will pass on any updates.

Very sad to lose Za-Im, but he couldn't have gone on any longer.

have PMed you.
animals before people.
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:06pm
I have a filly that I'm currently trying to find lease partners for and a mare in foal to the last crop of Za-Ims

I was there at the stud and Mick told me he had problems with his back and he bought the strongest pain killers for it but nothing helped so the vet told him he had to do something about it so on St Patricks day had the vet euthanise him, poor fella had floating bone chips in his hind leg too.

It was so good to see Azzaland win in town after that and what we hear is Micks got 2 that is showing heaps and has moved them from Coffs Habour to Newcastle, once they are named I'll be sure to keep track of them. Za-im may be gone but I think there is still the best to come ;)
ZAMINGA
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:14pm
by the way there was one at the farm I liked the look of who Mick refered to as the b&*%# I think and she is a bay filly by a Rubiton mare, I think she was the only one by a Rubition mare so it wouldn't be too hard to eventually find out the name of her when she starts racing. Watch out for her   
ZAMINGA
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 11:31am
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum, Just want to say how sad we are to see him go.
We have a mare in foal to him due November, had plans to use him again.
Pray for a healthy live foal as it will be her first.
RIP Za-Im  --  Thankyou.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:37am
and Azzaland won today !  
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:10am

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

and Azzaland won today !  
  And you're obviously back online - thought Tuesday was THE day LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
fletch52 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 9:03am
I have a 2 yr old filly by Za-Im who is currently going through pre training at Hawksbury.  Za-Im seems to be a stallion who has had very few runners, in fact when I purchased my filly, I had never heard of him, but I love his breeding
Fletch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:29pm
his stats of winners to runners was pretty good.   dont know where to find them now , to have an update/look, tho.
hope your filly can run, fletch.  will be interesting to watch her .
good luck
animals before people.
fletch52 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:24am
Thanks mate.  The filly is called Princess Bronwyn.  She is being trained by Wanda Ings at Hawksbury.  Hopefully she will have her first trial in about 6 weeks
Fletch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:49pm
remind me close to time so i can watch for her.
good luck.
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 2:38pm
Our Lovely Za-Im Colt Verte Dieu.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 4:20pm
Let's hope the old man left his best 'till last Thumbs Up. Lovely colt!
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Let's hope the old man left his best 'till last Thumbs Up. Lovely colt!
Thanks Gay,
He is Special to us as we had a mare in foal to Za-Im and she slipped at 6mths, we found out That Za-Im had been put down so couldn't return the mare. So we were lucky to pick up this boy at the Bloodstock sale. 
This Colt won first up and was a close third in his next start but hurt his shoulder badly in the run, we have had ongoing probs with him since but hoping he is back on the right path now. He has just started his fast work now. So fingers crossed!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:07pm
The better ones always manage to find enough trouble to slow up their preps & worse, let's hope he's come good!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 7:21pm
what could Za Im have done , given a better chance with a big stud??
that time he was at Deepwater,,,,what a waste .
i loved him .  really loved him.
and his breeding was so good. 
good luck GAJ.   i feel sure you will get some wins.  all of his seem to crack wins. 

animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 8:15am
Thanks Acacia, He has heaps of natural talent, which makes life a lotTongue easier for a novice trainer like myself  !!

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:51pm
Nice to see his progeny still going so well, yesterday at Grafton saw two winners by him from the same trainer, his strike rate this season is around 41% winners to runners!
My boy is retired from racing due to his wind problem, but was pretty exciting when we started with him.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:07pm
Has been a very nice bread & butter type stallion, certainly knows how to get a winner ..
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Nice to see his progeny still going so well, yesterday at Grafton saw two winners by him from the same trainer, his strike rate this season is around 41% winners to runners!
My boy is retired from racing due to his wind problem, but was pretty exciting when we started with him.

Nice to see him still getting winners.
Have to wonder what he could have done with more chances.
Wonderful pedigree.
Loved this horse .

animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 2:33pm
4 in a row for another by Za-Im , at the Grafton races today 'I'm A Jet' won from a wide gate too.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:03pm
Great to See the 9yo Plateau Gold get his 13th win at the Valley on Friday night.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:50pm
Apparently he sent him back to Jim Jarvis in NSW to retire last year but the old boy was having none of it (running fences) so..............back he went to Quinny Big smile
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 3:03pm
How old is Quinty now?

A million years ago visited him in his prior haunt, being interested in a staying bred that he'd bought in New Zealand.  He had a number of potential stayers some sadly by Ovaltine, a 2-mile stakes-winner in UK who essentially failed in NZ/Oz. 

As it turned out the colt wasn't available, having been purchased for a lady who I suspect had rather more than a business relationship with the the lad.  Wink

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
Found an article from 2013 that said he was 67. So he would be 72/73 now
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>