Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rick McIntosh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rick McIntosh
    Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 6:28pm
Prior to the last race at Wodonga caller, Rick McIntosh, pointed out that there was $ 3,672 carryover into the First4 and that there would be 'plenty of free money" for punters betting into the pool.
Poor old Rick obviously has no understanding of how dividends are calculated.After the race the total pool was $53,275, which included that $3,672 carryover amount. On that basis $49,603 was new money invested into the pool. The deduction rate for First4s is 22.5% which equates to $11,160 been deducted from the new money invested into the pool.That is an effective rate of 20% on the total pool.  Where Rick believes there is "free money"  I have no idea.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 7:11pm
The aggregate dividend was ultimately increased by 6% at no cost to anyone specifically wagering on the event.  Take it from there....
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:56pm
Lol one day in my dreams id like to see them guarentee what a 1st 4 will pay rather than a guarenteed pool of such and such. Biggest scam out eveytime they guarentee a pool everyone bites and the either have to throw in nothing or very little and it pays way less than normal from my experience. I know jackpot different as above just something that annoys.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 5:53pm
Sounds like he backed Mannertone
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 5:55pm
Fantastic call
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 6:01pm
Yeah he is a good caller but I just think he gets a bit carried away when he sounds like he is winding himself back up again. Needs to calm down and save himself for the finish
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 6:36pm
embarrassing..
Panspermia.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 2:13pm
😂

Sounded like he was going to vomit a few meeting back he got that carried away.

Your trying to concentrate on the race and he is yelling his head off.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 3:08pm
the first 4 is a rort .I will elaborate later.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:15pm
Not his finest Benalla Cup
Called Have Plenty “have faith”
And Moonovermanhattan “moveovermanhattan”
Whoops
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
He needs to concentrate on simply calling the races. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

He needs to concentrate on simply calling the races. 

Agree. Less waffle
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Whoops

I guess you are more conscious of such things, what with your forum name and all !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Whoops

I guess you are more conscious of such things, what with your forum name and all !

Exactly
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:40pm
‘This is the biggest boil over since Polly put the kettle on’
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:19pm
If Jumps racing and country Victorian racing wants to be taken seriously this guy needs to go.

He is a gimmick and a hopeless one at that. 
reductio ad absurdum
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:30pm
Bulltish Rick is a bloody legend, love him
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

If Jumps racing and country Victorian racing wants to be taken seriously this guy needs to go.

He is a gimmick and a hopeless one at that. 

Up to his old tricks is he? Thankfully I’m not in the country to hear it. Someone should revive the “put a sock in it” thread. Very appropriate I’d suggest.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 5:52pm
Gee you blokes are whingers
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:27pm
I don’t mind the flair but I understand how it could seem over the top to some. However, I much much prefer him to the other bland country callers. He’s also very accurate in a photo finish.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:23pm
What did he say..I heard a grovelling apology after a race just run at Swan Hill where he is calling
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:25pm
he referred to the horses entered for tomorrows drought breaker as "spastic"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:34pm
Thanks Shawy.  “ Professional” race caller sl*gging off on the participants in the industry that pays him at the expense of the disabled. I always thought he was big mouth.  His apology was as grovelling as I have ever heard...sounded like someone trying to keep,their job.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
Methinks he will not be at Swan Hill tomorrow. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:14pm
Absolutely disgusting behaviour
Should have his employment terminated
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:03pm

Racecaller Ric McIntosh apologises for ‘inappropriate’ comment before Swan Hill race

A Victorian race caller has apologised for an embarrassing slip of the tongue before a race at Swan Hill on Friday.

Country racecaller Ric McIntosh was forced to apologise on Saturday after a shocking and “socially unacceptable” on-air gaffe.

As horses were being loaded ahead of the last race at Swan Hill on Friday the Racing.com-managed Racing Victoria employee, got lost in a mindless preamble of upcoming races, including the Drought Breaker on Sunday.

The 1600m race at Swan Hill is restricted to long-time maiden – winless – gallopers.

“The Drought Breaker for all the (momentary pause) I was going to say sp---tic maidens but I better not use that term,” McIntosh said.

“The horses that have had a lot of starts, let’s say, still trying to break their duck.”

The insulting blunder was overshadowed by a dramatic fall in the corresponding race, which resulted in a jockey hospitalised and the loss of a horse.

RV has not publicly commented on the racecaller’s latest embarrassing slip-up.

McIntosh on Saturday apologised on-air on Racing.com after the first race at Swan Hill.

“I made a comment during yesterday’s broadcast which has drawn criticism and justifiably so,” McIntosh said.

“I understand and appreciate why the comment in question is and was inappropriate and socially unacceptable.

“I’m extremely disappointed for saying what I did and I acknowledge there is no excuse nor justification.

“It does not reflect the values of Racing.com, Racing Victoria or Ric McIntosh.

“But I’m extremely disappointed as I know the offence caused hurt to many people.

“I apologise unreservedly to all.”

McIntosh, known for his colourful and knockabout style of commentary, has publicly supported disgraced trainer Darren Weir in past race calls.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 5:48pm
Shows what he really thinks of battlers: the disabled and horse trainers/owners. 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
No one suggests it was ok.
He apologised, seems sincere.
Move on.
If he repeats, then obviously take a harder stance
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 6:44pm
Don’t think he’s much of a caller so wouldn’t really care if he was booted. But that said, don’t really care if he stays either as he is relegated to country meetings anyway. Very poor comment but if he has sincerely apologised then that’s enough for me. 
Good Old Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Good Old Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 7:46pm
Storm in a teacup......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>