Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rich Enuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

He looks a very good horse, but don't get too carried away. Looks like the cat was first up against him over an unsuitable distance and he only just beat him. Going out to 1600 metres I think LLTC would be the better horse, and I think others will be better over a sprint trip then Rich Enuff, doubt he has the Coolmore "At his mercy" he will have to contend with some quality horses, Mossfun/Rubick among others.

LLTC was huge but he had the back of the winner in a fast run race. Not easy to be exposed down the straight six and run that sort of time. I'd imagine there's not many 3yos who have.

Of course there will be others (I'm quite interested in Zeletto), but it'd take a very good one to beat him.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:59am
If a stud is circling,they would probably want the ASCOT VALE (coolmore) to be the target.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:39am
True. But common sense should also be circling and convincing them to run in the Coolmore not the Guineas.

Like Waller said of Zoustar last year: he has the autumn to extend over a mile and win a Guineas if he wants to. Don't knock back the chance to win the premier Group 1 sprint for 3yos in the spring when he has just proven himself the best 3yo down the straight.
Sunline...simply supreme
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:43pm
The studs main consideration is marketing . At present the ASCOT VALE is "more sexier" in terms of stallion promotion
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:34pm
Winning it didn't hurt Redoute's Choice or Lonhro on terms of their value and ultimate success. And more recently All Too Hard and Helmet are two very hot stallions. It's a very sexy race, you could probably argue that Coolmore is even better as it's a sprint, but you hardly run off the value if you win the Caulfield Guineas.

Just saying aside from all that, from a racing perspective, his times suggest he is a superstar sprinter.
Sunline...simply supreme
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:40pm
why not do what weekend hussler did and do both.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:48pm
The Ascot Vale was run last Saturday.
reductio ad absurdum
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:49pm
The Coolmore is the Ascot Vale, The Danehill is the Chivas Regal which was run on derby day
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:54pm
Na, I do not accept that.

Our Maizcay, Manikato did not win a Guineas and than drop BACK to 1200m and win his Ascot Vale Stakes.

Are we supposed to believe Rose Of Kingston won The Ascot Vale Stakes on the Saturday and backed up on the Thursday and won the Oaks.

No thanks.

I refuse to accept this nonsense. 

SORRY.
reductio ad absurdum
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Our Maizcay, Manikato did not win a Guineas and than drop BACK to 1200m and win his Ascot Vale Stakes.

Are we supposed to believe Rose Of Kingston won The Ascot Vale Stakes on the Saturday and backed up on the Thursday and won the Oaks.

No thanks.

SORRY.

Race history[edit]

• Until 1965 the race was run in autumn for two-year-olds.
  • From 1969 the race has been run in the spring for three-year-olds.
  • Prior to 2006 the race was run in September.
  • Prior to 2006 this race held Group 2 status.
  • Prior to 2007 this race was known as the Ascot Vale Stakes. It was also run at the start of the Spring in September, and not on Derby Day as it is now, and for less prizemoney. The identification of the traditional Ascot Vale Stakes as the same race as the Coolmore Stakes run on Derby Day is therefore quite debatable.
Ammy42 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammy42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 7:24pm
I must admit this has always confused me, how a race can have its name, conditions and running date changed so many times and still be considered the same race.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:10pm
Bring on the Guineas!!
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:10pm
Serious racehorse.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:12pm
Freak. My fave horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:14pm
Averaged $5.02 , god bless
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:16pm
Did the work at both ends.  Looked total class.  The mile should be well within his range.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:21pm
so glad I got that Guineas ticket when I did.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:27pm
Give him strength!!

Fremz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fremz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:28pm
Okay I'm a believer now... Doesn't matter if they go to the Coolmore or the Guineas he is capable of winning either.

Personally id still go Coolmore as I think it will be a weaker race
for those about to punt, we salute you...
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:28pm
What return SYT ?
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:28pm
^^

OMG.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:29pm
Wow, SYT you legend. No one is better at finding the right big odds in the futures than you mate.
Sunline...simply supreme
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:31pm
good luck SYT..

Thumbs Up

couldn't have been more impressive today.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

No thanks.

SORRY.

When Rose Of Kingston won the Ascot Vale(Coolmore) double, the Ascot Vale was run in early September and the Oaks about 8 weeks later

Same when Manikato won the double, the Ascot Vale was before the Caulfield Guineas He won the Rupert Clarke(Then Marlboro Cup) over 1400m between them

Edited by Browndog - 28 Sep 2014 at 6:35pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:33pm
Is it too much to ask about the stake?? Tongue
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 7:39pm
Not getting my hopes up but fair to say it'll be my biggest collect on the punt.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

Give him strength!!

Wow! What's the date on the ticket?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:07pm
The times in the Guineas Prelude and Rupert Clarke were very slow for caulfield 1400 on a rock hard track. Rich Enuff ran over 2 seconds slower than Helmet did in the same race. Is there some reason for that?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:14pm
From memory(failing) Helmet raced on a flint hard track that was upgraded during the day Horses were reported as not handling the hard track that day, and Helmet recorded half a second faster than the Rupert Clarke winner Toorak Toff, only .2 outside Exceed and Excels track record
Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:14pm
it was blowing 30 knots.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>