Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Racenet Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racenet Issues
    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm
I still use the old site for my blackbook and looking at up coming fields on my IPad.
There I still get the jockeys silk colours beside each horse3.
This doesnt happen on the new site. No jock colours available.

Rather oddly, despite them showing up on the old site on my ipad and phone they do not appear on the old site on my home PC

what the hell is going onCry

Anyone else having the same issues?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 2:03pm
I get colours on my laptop on both sites SITW. Don't use phone apps.

Wasn't aware they still did fields on the old site so thanks for the heads up. Despite giving them a wrap for the new site previously I've decided I prefer the simplicity of the old format as a first glance tool - esp wrt the weights which are buried in the detail on the new format. Started using Racing Aus instead but I'll bookmark Racenet old site now and go back to that.

For others who didn't like the change here's the URL: https://old.racenet.com.au/
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:07am
Have they closed all comment options on the Weir articles?
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:50am
They have - they always close comments where there is an investigation pending.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:38pm
Thanks Robbo
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:15pm
I saw mention earlier this week of them probably headed in a subscriber only direction & sure enough Ouch
As a user of the Blackbook feature if you would like to continue obtaining access to your Blackbook or adding/making adjustments to runners, Jockeys, Trainers, Sires & Dams, from 8 February 2022 you will need to be a paying member. But don’t worry your current preferences will be retained.

Please note that if you choose not to subscribe, you will lose access to your current Blackbook on 8 February 2022, meaning you will not be able to edit or login to your Blackbook.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:39pm
can thank Murdoch for that. 
punters.com.au heading the same way
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:40pm
Good old Murdoch . Ouch
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

can thank Murdoch for that. 
punters.com.au heading the same way
Already has mate .
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 3:36pm
Need more people on here, I left punters.com.au and do miss it.

Anyhow I am back  happy to see more contributors.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 12:46pm
wonder if the Mare, sorry Mayor could organise a black book or similar for here? punters and racenet murdoch Ermm Disapprove Sick
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 8:55am
Racenet want people to pay to read a Richard Callander article. Sick Good luck with that
Time is a flat circle
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2022 at 10:16am
Obviously they don't hold Bruce in such high esteem as his is still free - or was y/day
out wide View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote out wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 4:57am
So now they are charging for the form guide fiddlesticks. I'm not willing to pay more to bet than I already do.
I really liked the layout and features of the racenet form guide.
This move will definitely make me bet a lot less. Any good alternatives out there?
beenaroundawhile View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beenaroundawhile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 5:49am
Racenet and punters expected an avalanche of protest.The fact is that these grubs are thinking ten years ahead when most of the current disaffected punters have died off and they can manipulate their fees to suit themselves.

seawindsbill
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 6:06am
I use then to check the tab market.  I'll be all over the shop in the winners and roughies comp.  My roughies will be 4/1 shots instead of 15/1.  Oh well.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 6:11am
No I can still get prices so no troubles.  I use the risa site for the race form.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 6:35am
Originally posted by out wide out wide wrote:

So now they are charging for the form guide fiddlesticks. I'm not willing to pay more to bet than I already do.
This move will definitely make me bet a lot less. Any good alternatives out there?

I couldn't agree more on all points! 1st Expertform disappeared & now Racenet whose form I was comfortable with bar some of the inane comments which they'll need to tidy up if people are paying for the service.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 7:08am
SKY Racing (TAB) tried for years to get subscription for SKY 2 racing on Foxtel (which basically amounted to a second subscription on top of Foxtel). Even tried slipping the odd major race / meeting onto it to try to force the issue. Gave up in the end - now free like SKY 1

So i'd suggest Racenet will struggle its arse off getting punters to subscribe. Christ - most will lose hundreds a day - but wont buy themselves a pie with sauce if they are losing. Funny lot in the main. Knew a fellow who would lose 5 to 10k on a bad day - them make his missus go to Flemington markets for groceries to save a quid LOL

Squillion good form services out there. Think TAB's offer is pretty reasonable. Its what you get used too.

As for the spuikers - na - no thanks !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

SKY Racing (TAB) tried for years to get subscription for SKY 2 racing on Foxtel (which basically amounted to a second subscription on top of Foxtel). Even tried slipping the odd major race / meeting onto it to try to force the issue. Gave up in the end - now free like SKY 1

Yet try watching Sky 1 and 2 plus Racing.com on Foxtel and you will have 3 unwatchable channels broadcast in a very low bitrate SD, Poxtel refuse to join the 21st century.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 2:00pm
A retraction of the below is in order after fact checking Embarrassed
Whilst the form guide has significant upgrades, it's still available to us mere plebs..............for how long remains to be seen Confused

At least it saves me time looking for a suitable replacement Big smile

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by out wide out wide wrote:

I couldn't agree more on all points! 1st Expertform disappeared & now Racenet whose form I was comfortable with bar some of the inane comments which they'll need to tidy up if people are paying for the service.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 3:55pm
I'm still getting emails for my blackbook. Just got one a few hours ago.

I have tried to access it over the last several months to a year to edit the blackbook but it would never allow me to get into it.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 4:28pm
I have to admit that any time I've emailed them with issues, they've replied the same day. Last week I had no login option so contacted them with the result that Firefox was the issue, Chrome is fine. I was also thanked for bringing up the issue.
Yes, my BBs have continued too Thumbs Up

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 6:21pm
The deal is $19.95 each month for the analysts tips ( not much to get me to pay for there), the full career runs for a runner (do not need a horses run two years ago for the current form, unless it is to see if they handle wet or dry tracks), and for some writers articles (racenet exclusive such as Bruce Clark and Richie Callander and so for me nothing to get me to subscribe to there).

I can live with the basic form guide and the articles which are shared with the major newspapers and leave the subscription content, without missing out.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 9:00am
Why has racenet charged forum contributors to post?

It was a very busy forum I am hoping some migrate across to this site
out wide View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote out wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 6:39am
The padlocks have been removed from the form filters. I can bet again.Tongue
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:51pm
These are the comments that irk me the most & seen regularly as in several times a day Angry

Maiden race: "Yet to break out of maiden grade after 19 attempts and wide barrier is a concern. Has not won at Albury previously. Needs the breaks."
I only noticed as it won R2 but geez, you wouldn't want to be paying for such Einstein-like revelations Unhappy

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:07pm
I saw one the other day for a maiden, struggles to win. Ouch
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
out wide View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote out wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:27pm
22: 6-6-1
$290K
221x6760x0
27%
59%
13th/16 1200m 3 Weeks WAGG

7yoG BROWN Sire: Teofilo (IRE) Dam: Sunstyle (Xaar (GB)) Sire Stats: All: 12% Dry: 12% Wet: 12% Starts: 11665

Wins: Won at 1250(1), 1400(3), 1600(2) Flucs: $26.00, $39.00, $39.00, $40.00, $39.00, $41.00, $40.00, $41.00, $39.00, $39.00

Owners: L De Souza, Magus Equine Limited (Mgr: W Y C Leung), N Murdoch, Ms S E Anderson & N P Nausbaum

Career
22: 6-6-1
Last 10
221x6760x0
Prize
$290K
Avg Earn
$13K
Last Win
60 weeks
Win %
27%
Place %
59%
T/J Win %
31%
J/H
-
12 Month
5: 0-0-0
Season
5: 0-0-0
Track
4: 0-0-0
Distance
7: 3-1-1
Track/Dist
1: 0-0-0
Firm
-
Good
13: 4-3-0
Soft
7: 2-3-1
Heavy
2: 0-0-0
Wet
9: 2-3-1
1st Up
8: 2-2-1
2nd Up
5: 1-2-0
3rd Up
5: 2-0-0
Class
4: 0-1-0
Group 1
-
Group 2
-
Group 3
-
Listed
-
Clockwise
19: 6-4-1
A-Clockwise
3: 0-2-0
Night
5: 2-2-0
Synthetic
-
As Fav
5: 3-2-0
ROI $
38%

Finished worse than midfield last start at Wagga when first up and is yet to salute in five runs this prep. Has not won at Randwick previously. Not in this.

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Sep 2022 at 2:59pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:10pm
I'm always happy to give credit when it's deserved & their latest addition to the form 'legend' is to be applauded Clap (HT) standing for Home Track
About a year ago, I suggested a trained on track addition was important info that no form guide provided, unlike in the long distant past LOL They always reply & I got a 'we'll see what can be done'.
I was pleasantly surprised to see this addition a couple of days ago so who knows, I may even pull on the punting boots again Confused

Post Reply Post Reply