Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Raceday Laming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:32pm
Can one nebulise EPO? Asking for a friend...
to the victor
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Same old suspects over and over again. They get off, they reoffend. Slap on the wrist, back into the mix.

How many times now? Plenty

Won three races at the sapphire coast Sunday, he's hot to trot.. all helps to pay the exes.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:07pm
They lost one at the stables over the weekend too, so not all rosie Cry & that is all I know.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:20pm
So a previous serious offender is caught nebulising on raceday, after having a very good run (almost double his usual winners), having had one drop dead (is that what you mean Gay?). Yes, I’m sure it all sounds like a routine treatment gone “wrong”. Don’t know him, but if he’s like his father, I don’t want to either.
to the victor
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:37pm
Mucomyst or N-acetylcysteine can be nebulised.. it also has been shown to increase EPO production in humans ... hence UK cycling’s Team Sky were importing it during big races (insert chin rub emoji again)..

monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Mucomyst or N-acetylcysteine can be nebulised.. it also has been shown to increase EPO production in humans ... hence UK cycling’s Team Sky were importing it during big races (insert chin rub emoji again)..

This bloke would do anything as he is very handy with a tube or anything to make them go faster. Ask around the traps, he has a very bad name.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

So a previous serious offender is caught nebulising on raceday, after having a very good run (almost double his usual winners), having had one drop dead (is that what you mean Gay?). Yes, I’m sure it all sounds like a routine treatment gone “wrong”. Don’t know him, but if he’s like his father, I don’t want to either.

If you think Bevan is bad you definitely haven't met Richard.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

If you think Bevan is bad you definitely haven't met Richard.

sounds like I shouldn’t either!
to the victor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:42pm
What an unsavoury, weak character Shocked

Cranbourne Turf Club - Friday 11 May, 2018

Stewards inquired into an incident that took place during the course of the Official trials held at Cranbourne on Monday 7 May, 2018 involving Licensed persons Richard Laming and Noel Callow in the area of the carpark.

Evidence was taken from R Laming and N Callow where it was established that Richard Laming forcibly grabbed Noel Callow by the neck whilst his back was turned and in conversation with another trainer. An altercation ensued where Richard Laming again grabbed Noel Callow in the neck region and Noel Callow struck Richard Laming with his left hand in the area of the stomach.

Subsequently trainer R Laming was issued with a charge of misconduct/or improper conduct under AR175(q) and acting under the provisions of LR6C(2A) where R Laming indicated he would plead guilty, he was fined the sum of $2,500. Further, N Callow was issued with a charge of misconduct/or improper conduct under AR175(q) and acting under the provisions of LR6C(2A) where he indicated he would plead guilty, he was fined the sum of $300.

In considering penalties Stewards took into account that Mr Laming had initiated the altercation whilst Noel Callow had his back turned and that Noel Callow then responded when there was an opportunity to not continue.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:16pm
Next time I see Callow I’ll shake his hand.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:24pm
It takes quite a man to assault a smaller party from behind. His dad must be proud!
to the victor
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:30pm
Callows other fine, further down in the report was interesting.
I saw his comment, and was surprised the stewards also didn’t pull him up on the comment he made about the interviewers personal life in regards to her relationship status.

His comment regarding Bruno and Darryn was silly.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:39pm
How do you fine Callow for that?
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

How do you fine Callow for that?

The witness must have told them he went too far in his self defence.

Somewhere in amongst the penalty it says he had the opportunity not to hit him LOL
reductio ad absurdum
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:43pm
Is it because Callow called him D!ck Laming?
to the victor
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:45pm
Callow should be given a medal.
Laming is a ..............................................................(removed)
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Callow should be given a medal.
Laming is a ..............................................................(removed)

D!cky may well be the new FONC of Victorian racing
to the victor
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Smerdy can join that table too.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:42pm

Is it because Callow called him D!ck Laming?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:35pm
Racing Victoria (RV) Stewards have today issued a charge against Mr Richard Laming, as the trainer of Patient, under Australian Rule of Racing 178E(1).

Charge: AR 178E (1) – Administration of medication on a raceday

(1)  Notwithstanding the provisions of AR 178C(2), no person without the permission of the Stewards may administer or cause to be administered any medication to a horse on race day prior to such horse running in a race.

The particulars of charge are summarised as follows:

1. On 7 February 2018, Patient was entered to run in Race 5, The Ladbrokes Handicap, over 1200m at Ladbrokes Park Sandown Lakeside (the Race). 

2. It is alleged that, in contravention of AR 178E(1), Patient had a nebuliser applied and was being administered or had been administered a medication ‘Accent’ (an antibiotic) on the day of the Race, without approval from the Stewards and was subsequently withdrawn from the Race by them.

The charge will be heard before the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board on a date to be fixed.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:50pm

Description

Sibutramine (trade name Meridia in the USA, Reductil in Europe and other countries), usually as sibutramide hydrochloride monohydrate, is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity. It is a centrally acting stimulant chemically related to amphetamines. Sibutramine is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance in the United States. In October 2010, Sibutramine was withdrawn from Canadian and U.S. markets due to concerns that the drug increases the risk of heart attack and stroke in patients with a history of heart disease.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:10pm
Is this the same guy that went down for EPO? 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:52pm

Trainer Richard Laming banned for three years over EPO

• Brendan Cormick
  • TheAustralian
AUSTRALIA’S first case of EPO detection in thoroughbred racing has ended with young trainer Richard Laming being disqualified for three years.

Laming, who changed his plea to guilty on five extra counts after pleading guilty on two charges initially, was disqualified for three years on each of seven charges to be served concurrently.

The Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board fined Laming ($3250) and his father Bevan ($1000), also a registered trainer, for possessing several unregistered drugs at their Clyde private training complex .

Board chairman Judge Russell Lewis said the use of darbepoetin alfa, a synthetic form of EPO found in horses trained by Laming in June last year, tarnished the image of racing.

"In short, the revelation that DPO (darbepoetin alfa) is used in racing tarnishes the image of racing and due regard must be made to an appropriate penalty," Judge Lewis said.

"Nothing less than a lengthy term of disqualification is warranted."

DPO is not naturally produced in horses and is not a therepeutic drug. Its aministration increases red blood cells, resulting in increased oxygen supply through the blood.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Description

Sibutramine (trade name Meridia in the USA, Reductil in Europe and other countries), usually as sibutramide hydrochloride monohydrate, is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity. It is a centrally acting stimulant chemically related to amphetamines. Sibutramine is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance in the United States. In October 2010, Sibutramine was withdrawn from Canadian and U.S. markets due to concerns that the drug increases the risk of heart attack and stroke in patients with a history of heart disease.

Is that what he was allegedly using? If so where did he get it, and by what authority is he experimenting on horses?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:08pm
There seems to be a conflict of drug names Confused

Accent

Accent may be available in the countries listed below.

Ingredient matches for Accent

Sibutramine

Sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate (a derivative of Sibutramine) is reported as an ingredient of Accent in the following countries:

OR

http://sconeequinehospital.com.au/risk-information/specific-antibiotic-risks

• Ceftiofur

Anaphylaxis/Allergic (see above)

Immune mediated effects – haemolytic anaemia or thrombocytopenia (see above)

Pain is commonly seen following intramuscular injection of Ceftiofur (Excenell™ or Accent™)

adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:12pm
Explains his incredible strike rate compared to previous times
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by adolphus twirk adolphus twirk wrote:

Explains his incredible strike rate compared to previous times

I thought his penchant for EPO already outlines the sort of trainer we are looking at.
to the victor
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:34am
Anaphylactic shock resulting in death. Just what a horse needs shortly before a race with a harmless little nebuliser administering Accent. Life seems a reasonable penalty when death can be a consequence.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:43am
Death seems a reasonable penalty to me Angry   For the joker adminstering the drugs to an animal who has no chance of refusing to take it. 
animals before people.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:29am
Serial offender. Time to rub him out for good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>