Print Page | Close Window

Oneone's Daily Ponder

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=68778
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Oneone's Daily Ponder
Posted By: oneonesit
Subject: Oneone's Daily Ponder
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:40am
Probably good to have a GOTO thread so members log-in more often

1 - Covid is as bad as its ever been at the moment. So just think how bad it could have been if we had weakened & let Novak into play !

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Replies:
Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:45am
Is it time for another Republic referendum?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:48am
Priorities PT

We don't need any more sideshows at the moment thankyou very much.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:50am
Like Chinese warships and paying Sri Lanka to send boats?

-------------

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:51am
Signs of another All Timer Clap

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:52am
One foot in Joffs one in the LB.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:59am
Actually I've got quite a few "Ponderers" lined up ready to go - however the rules strictly limit me to one per day Thumbs Up

Sorry !

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:03am
It has been 23 years since that little fossil sabotaged the last Republic referendum and much has changed. For a start there are 8 million more of us now, virtually all immigrants. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:04am
I only put one.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:19am
I think you have misunderstood the Thread Title PT. It is restricted to my "Ponderings"

I suppose we can can bend the rules a bit LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:21am
You watch now that I've opened the flood gates - posters like "little Afros" will have a field day in here.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
So this is a dictatorship. No wonder you dont support our right to a Republic voted on by the people. 

-------------

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 12:15pm
I've always wondered why people have been conned by weet-bix...which is merely compressed horse-feed....and truffles...a dug up piece of grotty fungus which attached itself to a tree root. 

Who was the first to eat these revolting things?  

Confused

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 12:17pm
 I also ponder why oneone doesn't have a life...apart from starting inane threads on TBV.

Ermm

-------------

Posted By: VSP.
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:22pm
Sadly JJ you can also say that about the rest of us - in here reading his threads!

-------------
www.snowshoecats.webs.com

Posted By: brave_ponies
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:32pm
Another life-less one here VSP LOL

Posted By: brave_ponies
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:34pm
Actually I'm procrastinating in the middle of a big job ... but I do quite like a ponder with my morning coffee Embarrassed Thanks, onesies!

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 2:45pm
 I'm bored, this morning. It's too bloody cold to go out.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 11:25am
Daily Ponder 2 - Regional  petrol prices in NSW are 15c to 20c cheaper than Sydney prices. Bathurst & Culburra 2 locations I have reviewed with my owns eyes. Is this a little bit of evidence to suggest price gouging maybe with us - a last "grab" before the excise gets topped up again. Maybe they have the green light to "play ball" so the jump is not as severe when it happens.

So here's the "Ponder". Fuel excise was reduced to help struggling families with cost of living increases. By September all these will have sky rocketed - food, mortgages, energy - & inflation will have further eroded wages. So why remove it ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 11:30am
Because of the size of the hole it will make in our already disastrous debt position?

$1bn/month.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:03pm
Daily Ponder 3

I think it is agreed our Aged Care sector needs a lot of attention. The ALP have committed to a 25% hourly rate increase to aged health care workers, 24/7 professional nursing care & improvements in meal quality to residents

So here's the "Ponder" - who is going to wear the cost of all this ? The Provider , the Government or the Resident ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:14pm
Breaking the rules already wunwun. Shame on you LOL 

I don't care if you missed yesterday, 1 ponder per day.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:18pm
 The resident, of course.

The Qld govt (QCAT) sold my cousin's home, without his permission, to subsidise his aged care...while others in the home were only charged their pension, -$10 (spending money). Same care, different rules, just because he didn't come from public housing. 

I am siphoning off all my assets to my children, so the stingy government can't confiscate it if I'm ever put in an aged care residence.  

Evil Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Breaking the rules already wunwun. Shame on you LOL 

I don't care if you missed yesterday, 1 ponder per day.

Do you think oneone lives at Ponderosa? With Ben and all those annoying sons?

Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

The resident, of course.

The Qld govt (QCAT) sold my cousin's home, without his permission, to subsidise his aged care...while others in the home were only charged their pension, -$10 (spending money). Same care, different rules, just because he didn't come from public housing. 

I am siphoning off all my assets to my children, so the stingy government can't confiscate it if I'm ever put in an aged care residence.  

Evil Smile
I suspect you are correct'

Almost an "early" death tax.

Its easy to come up with good ideas when your not paying for it. Hawke did exactly that when he introduced Compulsory Super - & then spent the rest of his life taking the credit for it.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:34pm
Daily Ponder 4

My wife recently purchased underpants for me that had the day of the week clearly displayed on them. 

Here's the Ponder - my mate said he purchased similar - except they had the month of the year on them Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:28pm
I'll tell you how bad I'm going of late. Was watching the Queens Platinum Jubilee concert last night when i saw Dianna Ross come out & start singing. Nearly split my beer all over my recliner. 

I though she was dead Ouch 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:35pm
 surprising that Mick Jagger isn't...

or in jail...for boning all those underage groupies...

-------------

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:54pm
What did you think of the concert, 1x1  ?  I thought the light show was spectacular and seeing the way it was set up, and all the crowds , was entertaining.  But some of the acts were not quite my idea of entertaining. Wink  I bet when a few of them were on stage the Queen was doing her form for Ascot.LOLWatching all this jubilee stuff in London brings back a lot of good memories for 
me.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 3:56pm
PS.  I was like you there for a minute, 1x1.  I thought she was dead as well.  But then the penny dropped I was mixing her up with the girl from Tiger Bay.  I think she has died ?

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 4:21pm
AA , from all accounts Shirley De Bassey is alive and living in Monaco , 84th birthday last year , ( I snuck the De in Smile ) cos I'm a fan , saw her at the Sydney stadium in 1960 ( her first visit ) and they gave 1200 free tickets , not anymore after that . Star

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

PS.  I was like you there for a minute, 1x1.  I thought she was dead as well.  But then the penny dropped I was mixing her up with the girl from Tiger Bay.  I think she has died ?

you have to be joking...Dame Shirley is not only alive, she's still kicking ass in the music world. 

Shirley Bassey wows at BAFTA 2022 with 'sensational' performance of 'Diamonds Are Forever' Dame Shirley Bassey kicked off the Baftas last night with a stunning performance of an iconic James Bond song—and let's just say, we're still reeling from the experience.

-------------

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:17pm
Hey one one - what grows up while growing down?

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:21pm
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep The questions run too deep For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable
Oh, take it take it yeah But at night, when all the world's asleep The questions run so deep For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am 'Cause I was feeling so logical.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:29pm
Well that post certainly needs some pondering

Maybe along the lines of a good bloke just down on his luck

At least we will never be placed in the "cynical" basket Djebel. That's just one step higher than that awful place - the TBV "laundry" basket. 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep The questions run too deep For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable
Oh, take it take it yeah But at night, when all the world's asleep The questions run so deep For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned I know it sounds absurd Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am 'Cause I was feeling so logical.

Used to jam out to that one a lot LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 6:27pm
Can we get this thread changed to Oneone's Monthly Ponder?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:08pm
38 days since the last daily ponder.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:12pm
 and we ponder what has happened to him...

a shark?

they nearly got the panthers last week...

Ermm

-------------

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:38pm

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:18pm
I miss 1x1.

-------------
animals before people.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net