Print Page | Close Window

Liz Cambage

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=66984
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 3:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Liz Cambage
Posted By: oneonesit
Subject: Liz Cambage
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:10pm
Sounds to me like someone preparing the groundwork to try to justify some very brattish behaviour ;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-17/liz-cambage-details-tokyo-olympics-exit-as-opals-beat-usa/100301422" rel="nofollow - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-17/liz-cambage-details-tokyo-olympics-exit-as-opals-beat-usa/100301422

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Replies:
Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:12pm
Good on her.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm

So your happy that she goes around belting players off-court & continually telling everyone how tough life is for herself ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:17pm
No I am happy that she recognises she has mental health issues and is withdrawing to deal with them.

-------------

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:23pm
She's got the Murdoch reptiles in a lather.Big smile

There goes our chance of gold.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:24pm
When you get off-side with your own team mates / management i think i know where the problem lies. Blaming having to live in a bubble with "no fans, no friends" as a reason to act as a brat is a bit precious. I would have thought some of your team mates would be "friends". Obviously not.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

No I am happy that she recognises she has mental health issues and is withdrawing to deal with them.
Would you recommend Tomic, Kyrios et al did same PT ?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
Oh, well - I never watch the Olympics basketball anyway.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Maybe she has got a screw loose - not sure. Just a darn shame for the rest of the team to lose their biggest weapon. Suggest it will result in more "mental anguish" for her as she will never be able to get team mate support again. I mean we are talking the Olympics here - not easily forgiven

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

She is black
She is a woman 
She has deserted us.

Not much to garner anything positive from Sky

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:39pm
Oh I forgot immigrant.

Difficult one though a black Pom.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:50pm
Based on that summary PT you may wish to join Liz when she finally "reaches out" for that help. Which i suggest will be never. 

-------------

Posted By: rusty nails
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

When you get off-side with your own team mates / management i think i know where the problem lies. Blaming having to live in a bubble with "no fans, no friends" as a reason to act as a brat is a bit precious. I would have thought some of your team mates would be "friends". Obviously not.
Ive got no idea of what went down this week.
But she has a long history of being difficult to deal with.
I hope she gets plenty of help, people are much less accommodating once you cease being the star.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:57pm

She is black
She is a woman 
She has deserted us.

Not much to garner anything positive from Sky

At least she's straight. The only one in the Opals. No I'm just stirring. Tongue

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:01pm

Based on that summary PT you may wish to join Liz when she finally "reaches out" for that help. Which i suggest will be never. 

I have no problem with any of those things, including gay, if she is. I am surprised this isn't in the easily triggered Politically Correct mob thread where outrage  thrives.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:02pm
That's very true Rusty. She sat out the whole last season in the US on a Covid medical exemption. And more recently been threatening to pull the pin on the Olympics - as this article shows ;

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/poor-form-andrew-bogut-calls-out-liz-cambage-after-photo-furore/news-story/0fea035e05b1ebe75d56790fc2a1d408" rel="nofollow - https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/poor-form-andrew-bogut-calls-out-liz-cambage-after-photo-furore/news-story/0fea035e05b1ebe75d56790fc2a1d408

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:03pm
Is it any wonder she is offside with her team mates !

-------------

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:06pm
 she certainly seems to be controversial.

Whether the mental issues excuse is just an excuse and not real, only those closest to her, know.

A lot of competitive sporting people have mental issues...it seems to come with the territory...

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:07pm
 Gay would probably say: "Suck it up, Princess..."

Evil Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:08pm

I have no problem with any of those things, including gay, if she is. I am surprised this isn't in the easily triggered Politically Correct mob thread where outrage  thrives.
That's ordinary PT. Many on here have taken aim at white , Australian male sporting brats. Stop making it something it isn't 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:15pm
The previous Liz Cambage thread was, It is just a matter of time with this one.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:24pm
You mean like the Kyrios / Tomic / Huegill / Madga Szubanski / Michael Slater / Margaret Court threads PT. Not many of those are Black women - however they still copped attention. Ever thought that it is just because she is precious that she cops criticism

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:27pm
That is what I mean. I dont think it was an individual thread rather a collective outrage thread.

From memory our mutual good friend Whale was active in it, have some passing connection to the young lady.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:41pm
Ah the memories. Sadly missed - always (well almost) good for a laugh Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:45pm
Who's Liz Cabbage? Does she play golf?

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:49pm
Lets put it this way Stayer - if you met her face to face you wouldn't forget her LOL

-------------

basketball..

our BIG weapon...

-------------

Face to navel.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:52pm
& the other bird is wearing high heels LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:54pm
 did you see this one...?

At 7-foot-4-inches tall, Zhang Ziyu is undoubtedly one for the future.

The 14-year-old has sent the internet into a frenzy after footage emerged online of her absolutely tearing oppositions to shreds on the basketball court over in China.

A bunch of WNBA teams will have surely seen the viral clip by now, which shows Ziyu dominating at the both ends of the court.

She ended up guiding her team to the China National Championship, where she put up an impressive 42 points, 25 rebounds and six blocks.

Not bad, not bad at all

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:55pm
Probably the result a failed Chinese bio-weapon. 

-------------

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:56pm
WTF is that?

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:00pm

& the other bird is wearing high heels LOL

yeah...and she's supposedly 5ft 10. (Iggy Azalea)

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm
Liz is 6' 7''

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm
I cant understand how that young girl scores so many points Confused . Maybe she is a fast runner LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm
And Iggy is a good Mullumbimby girl made good.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:04pm

Liz is 6' 7''

before the extra spring in the shoes...and she is pictured with 5ft 10in Iggy Azalea, in heels. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:05pm

I cant understand how that young girl scores so many points Confused . Maybe she is a fast runner LOL
She should be told by the coach to sit down next to the other kids LOL

-------------

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:08pm

This is how I won a Wallan u12's Basketball championship. We had 1 dude who was just bigger and stronger than anyone else in the league LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:21pm
How much glump has Liz pumped into those lips Cry

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:58pm
Those in the media saying we have lost our gold medal chance our showing they are olympics once every four yearers.

The US Womens Basketball team are one of the safest bets for the whole two weeks.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:11pm
Meanwhile the Opals have beaten the US overnight. I know it is only an exhibition and a warm up for Tokyo but still an excellent performance

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:20pm

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/fitzsimons-damning-two-words-for-cambage/news-story/a24db560b6909899eb7e2f1c581068c9" rel="nofollow - https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/fitzsimons-damning-two-words-for-cambage/news-story/a24db560b6909899eb7e2f1c581068c9

-------------

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
I have no idea whether or not she has a mental illness but if she does I would certainly wish he the best in getting all the help she needs. However what I have seen (which is all I can judge on) I would say she seems to be an attention seeker. Her Instagram page would appear to back that up. 

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:49pm
I think the same, E&E.   She wants to be the centre of attention and when she isnt she spits the dummy.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 6:31pm

from that article...

Earlier this week, Aussie basketball great  https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/deplorable-andrew-boguts-swipe-at-liz-cambage-after-olympics-exit/news-story/363fc20f2226e3e417744849a966f960" rel="nofollow - Andrew Bogut took to Twitter to suggest he is seemingly not convinced Cambage withdrew from the Olympics  due to mental health concerns.

On Friday evening, former SEM Phoenix assistant coach Ian Stacker tweeted: Mental health is a significant issue for our community. Every time a sports star or celebrity uses mental health as an excuse for deplorable behaviour totally frustrates those dealing with real issues.

Amen to that...

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
Can't comment on Cambage's alleged behavior because I simply don't know.  She may have personal issues, may be a pain in the butt, or both. 

What I do know is that:

Bogut was a brilliant basketballer as is Cambage.
Bogut's family hails from the predominantly white supremacist neo fascist nation of Croatia.  And his public comments on certain issues suggest he's following in the family's ethnic tradition.
Cambage has a history of on-line comment on perceived racial and gender discrimination in sport.
Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years.
Bogut has a history of attacking Cambage, in the first instance criticizing her for attending a Black Lives Matter demonstration and later for her expression of personal views on a number of issues. 

I'm not endorsing anything Cambage has said or done.  Just suggesting Bogut's continual and recent comments should be given no less or no more credence that Cambage's.  

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:25pm
Yes - Mick Moylan had mental issues that saw him sit out the Finals series a few years back for Penrith. Ben Barber had similar a few times as well. So did Greg Inglis i think. Been many , many more across all sports. Now Liz has got it.  Good luck to her - she is going to need it - cant see her team mates who she has let down welcoming her back anytime soon. I mean she would want to be really, really crook to not play in the Olympics vs partying in Vegas. Time will tell

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Can't comment on Cambage's alleged behavior because I simply don't know.  She may have personal issues, may be a pain in the butt, or both. 

What I do know is that:

Bogut was a brilliant basketballer as is Cambage.
Bogut's family hails from the predominantly white supremacist neo fascist nation of Croatia.  And his public comments on certain issues suggest he's following in the family's ethnic tradition.
Cambage has a history of on-line comment on perceived racial and gender discrimination in sport.
Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years.
Bogut has a history of attacking Cambage, in the first instance criticizing her for attending a Black Lives Matter demonstration and later for her expression of personal views on a number of issues. 

I'm not endorsing anything Cambage has said or done.  Just suggesting Bogut's continual and recent comments should be given no less or no more credence that Cambage's.  

Bogut didn't have trouble getting on with his team mates. Fairly telling that hers wanted her booted apparently.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:45pm
The last bit might be right or wrong.  But at this point it's simply innuendo.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

This is how I won a Wallan u12's Basketball championship. We had 1 dude who was just bigger and stronger than anyone else in the league LOL
TJ - i was worried for a minute. I thought you were going to say they put you up against a girls team !

-------------

Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:53pm
 SC wrote .."Cambage was born of a Nigerian father and an Australian mother who raised her daughter alone, and suffered racial taunts throughout her childhood years"
If her father was Nigerian, it is of particular interest in a recent trial game against Nigeria Cambage was reported to have got into  with heated arguments with her Nigerian opponents,. Some suggested it might have been racial, which in itself is very interesting.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:54pm
Who was the offender Bob?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
PT, no idea, other than it was with her Nigerian opponents.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm

Who was the offender Bob?

Dan Andrews LOLLOL

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:58pm
No surprise there.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:00pm
Now an official investigation . Numerous sources claiming she left the bubble on numerous occasions.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/olympics-basketball-star-liz-cambage-is-officially-under-investigation-after-quitting-the-tokyo-games/news-story/a27d36e8f0e7bab1acd46652b87ee43a" rel="nofollow - https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/olympics-basketball-star-liz-cambage-is-officially-under-investigation-after-quitting-the-tokyo-games/news-story/a27d36e8f0e7bab1acd46652b87ee43a

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:01pm
No it was not one person, it was some Nigerian team MEMBERS,  that cuts Dan out.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
Listen you lot stop upsetting my mate Bob, He knows what's he sees - & saw them getting off the Southern Aurora !  

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:08pm
She sounds like she has some issues.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The last bit might be right or wrong.  But at this point it's simply innuendo.
she herself said she had no close friends on the team.
Which is pretty mind blowing

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:33pm

ON: ANDREW BOGUT IS NOW A KING, BUT HE'S NOT A LEADER

NBA championship-winner Andrew Bogut will return home to Australia after this week signing a two-year deal with the Sydney Kings. Other NBA players voted him the leagues  http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-dirty-players-20160117-story.html" rel="nofollow - , but hes also made a name for himself off the court with his controversial tweets.

But why does Boguts social media presence matter, and what does it say about the standard to which we (and sporting organisations) should hold players to account?

Andrew Bogut is critical of many things:  https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/790705024288468992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vocativ.com%2F370768%2Fandrew-bogut-twitter-alt-right%2Findex.html&tfw_creator=vocativ&tfw_site=vocativ" rel="nofollow - - safe spaces , political correctness, people protesting police brutality. Thats where his  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-22/liz-cambage-has-no-respect-for-andrew-bogut/8734466" rel="nofollow - Protesting against Police brutality in Melbourne is like protesting for less

In 2015, he denied that AFL spectators who booed Adam Goodes were being racist.

Given the NBA is dominated by African American men who consistently call out police violence, such as when the Boston Celtics and Sacramento Kings spoke up over http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/celtics-and-kings-team-psa-about-stephon-clark" rel="nofollow - Bogut has  https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/981802286203613184" rel="nofollow - - responded sarcastically  when AFLW player Katie Brennan  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-23/katie-brennan-takes-afl-rules-to-human-rights-commission/9578830" rel="nofollow - - since overturned  Brennans suspension.

Bogut also tweeted that anyone with half a melon would agree with firebrand commentator  http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/emma-freedman-reveals-horrific-aftermath-of-nude-photo-debate/news-story/a0454181b8351c87107a76e19d6a9095" rel="nofollow - This is just scratching the surface of Boguts Twitter feed.  https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/bogut-most-people-offended-by-folau-post-don-t-believe-in-god-anyway-20180424-p4zbgi.html" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:35pm
So no-one's perfect.  

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:43pm
None of that article suggests he didn't have a good relationship with team mates. And his social media posts would be looked upon favourably by many. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:36pm
Was Beergut a top level baller? Kind of a blow out wasn't he?

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:47pm
Didn't Luc Longley say that the huge egos in top level basketball didn't allow too many friendships. He famously had an open dislike for Jordan and said that he only had anything to do with him and others on court?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:04pm
Did anybody like Jordan? Didn't matter.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:10pm

Blow outs dont have 14 year careers.

He was one of the best passers, arguably THE best at centre, of his era. 

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:17pm
If Liz has mental health problems, its because she is addicted to having smoke blown up her arse. 

More likely scenario is that the guilt & anxiety is getting to her after the fact.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:30pm
Yeah, I take that back. Beergut was good, when he was fit.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:02pm

Listen you lot stop upsetting my mate Bob, He knows what's he sees - & saw them getting off the Southern Aurora !  
1+1 do not be too hard on me, when did the Southern Aurora takeover from the Spirit of Progress ? The Spirit of Progress ran from Melbourne to Albury then a NSW train took passengers on to Sydney.
Now I am told the SA has been de - commissioned and replaced by a train by the name of the XPT. 
Railways have never been my forte, I have always flown between Melbourne & Sydney.Wink

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:07pm
Go figure!
I always assumed were were a horse and cart sort of guy BobLOL

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:19pm
Rusty, come in Spinner, despite your 52 years of age you are still wet behind your ears and obviously cannot see beyond a parody.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:34pm
Is that an attempt at irony old fella?

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 1:15am
Bob, the Spirit and the Aurora operated at the same time , night and night about.   Pretty much the same train with a different name.  They ran over night, with a dining car, bar, and sleepers. 
The XPT, which is supposed to mean Xpress Passsenger Train but is really an Xpensive Piece of Trash, took over years ago.  As you say, 35 years ago.  At that time the Spirit ran straight thru from Sydney to Melb, and vice versa.  That you speak of changing at Albury was back in the dark ages.  Stern Smile When the rail gauges were different in NSW and Vic.  Thats why Albury has the longest platform in the southern hemisphere. 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 2:09am
 My mother refused to fly so we always travelled on the Southern Aurora, to Melbourne, in sleepers. 

It was good fun, especially walking like a drunk to the dining car.

-------------

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Blow outs dont have 14 year careers.

He was one of the best passers, arguably THE best at centre, of his era. 

Come in red, dont post stuff like that. Tlaz was happily name calling and belittling till you stepped inLOL

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Is that an attempt at irony old fella?

Rusty you do not know how old I might be, anyhow how old is old ? To my 4 year old grandson, you at 52 are "old". I have heard young people refer to the older generation as " old ", and I have told them, you may not ever get to their age as not all of us are fortunate enough to live a long life so do not take "old age" for granted.

Posted By: goldey
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 1:33pm

If Liz has mental health problems, its because she is addicted to having smoke blown up her arse. 

More likely scenario is that the guilt & anxiety is getting to her after the fact.

Spot on , dude .

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:04pm

Is that like Stevie Nicks and the silver straw?

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:06pm
So Liz allegedly said something 'unrepeatable' to a Nigerian player?

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/07/20/enough-is-enough-opals-great-doesnt-want-to-see-cambage-in-green-and-gold/" rel="nofollow - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/07/20/enough-is-enough-opals-great-doesnt-want-to-see-cambage-in-green-and-gold/

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:12pm
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/opals-legend-s-damning-call-on-cambage/ar-AAMqmJf?ocid=BingHPC" rel="nofollow - https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sports/opals-legend-s-damning-call-on-cambage/ar-AAMqmJf?ocid=BingHPC

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 5:53pm

Details of Reported Conflict Emerge After Cambage’s ‘Contract Divorce’
  • https://www.si.com/author/madison-williams" rel="nofollow - Madison Williams

The  https://www.si.com/wnba/los-angeles-sparks" rel="nofollow - Sparks  announced on Tuesday that https://www.si.com/wnba/2022/07/26/sparks-star-liz-cambage-to-leave-team" rel="nofollow - the team agreed to part ways with center Liz Cambage.

While reasons for the “contract divorce” did not officially get released, https://sports.yahoo.com/liz-cambages-sparks-divorce-featured-conflict-from-jersey-number-choice-to-gripes-in-film-sessions-and-on-the-court-sources-say-020037614.html" rel="nofollow -  Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports  reported that there were numerous conflicts that led to the mutual decision on Tuesday.

The 30-year-old signed with Los Angeles on https://www.si.com/wnba/2022/02/06/liz-cambage-commits-joining-sparks-la-aces" rel="nofollow - Feb. 15 as a free agent . Cambage came with “baggage” when arriving on her new team, according to Haynes. One of those controversies included when she allegedly  https://www.si.com/wnba/2022/05/29/report-wnba-star-cambage-directed-racial-slur-at-nigerian-players-prior-to-2021-olympics" rel="nofollow - used a racial slur during a heated scrimmage with Nigeria prior to the 2021 Tokyo Olympics while playing for the Australian national team.

When Cambage officially joined the Sparks for the 2022 season, tensions began to rise. It started with the four-time All-Star’s selection of a jersey number. She reportedly wanted to sport No. 8, but the Sparks said she couldn’t due to the team retiring DeLisha Milton-Jones’s number. Then, she wanted No. 1; however, Amanda Zahui B. already wore the number, and it reportedly meant a lot to the forward.

Even when the Sparks approached Zahui B. about potentially changing her number, she declined. But, the Sparks did it anyway. The forward reportedly found out about her number changing on social media. On top of this, Zahui B. ended up being suspended for the 2022 season after a miscommunication about her overseas commitment. 

Additionally, Cambage reportedly had locker room troubles with some of her teammates. For example, sources told Yahoo Sports that the 30-year-old would “call out” her fellow teammates during film sessions because she thought that they didn’t pass to her enough. The teammates would explain why, but tensions continued to grow.

Most recently, the center was involved in drama during the Sparks’ Saturday game vs. her former team, the Aces. Cambage reportedly complained on the court because, once again, she didn’t think her teammates were passing her the ball enough.

In the game, her Sparks teammates then found ways to give her the ball even when it wasn’t included in the plays just to satisfy her. The Sparks then lost 84–66, causing Cambage to leave the locker room early.

“I can’t do this anymore. Best of luck to you guys,” Cambage said while leaving the locker room, per Yahoo Sports.

It ended up being her final game in a Sparks uniform, so her words remain true. It’s unknown what’s next for Cambage following the “contract divorce.”

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 5:54pm
The video of her doing a presser with 2 Nigerian teammates is LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 6:09pm
Is anyone surprised to hear this news? She is toxic wherever she goes. And for the few people still doubting that well, all you need to remember is what the common denominator is with all these incidents. 

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 6:31pm
"all you need to remember is what the common denominator is with all these incidents." 

Australian racism?

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 7:02pm
Yep, cos she’s been the victim in all 320 incidents she’s been involved in……

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 7:06pm
She's clearly basketball's equivalent of the equally reviled Scummo.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Is anyone surprised to hear this news? She is toxic wherever she goes. And for the few people still doubting that well, all you need to remember is what the common denominator is with all these incidents. 

no, yes and yes.....Thumbs Up

please don't ever play for Australia again...

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:01pm

"all you need to remember is what the common denominator is with all these incidents." 

Australian racism?

fact...

Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net