GOLDEN SIXTY
MUGATOO
PROBABEEL
SIR DRAGONET

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Grey Affair
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:04am
Some details of his pedigree when he won thr Gp3 Strensall Stakes at York in Aug 2019. The highlight clearly is his 4th dam, Riverqueen, who won 3 Group Ones in France.

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=08/24/2019&rn=1&de=D%20%20&ref=9935419" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=08/24/2019&rn=1&de=D%20%20&ref=9935419

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:49am
You'd have to be a real mug, a first class dimwit, to take $4 all-in Zaaki at this stage - I got $5.LOL

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:43pm
Many a true word said in jest Tlaz Smile if all goes well with this horse punters could be taking evens imo , super impressive , racing needs another good one and this is Him. Wink

Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:59pm
Overall time , 2-01-06, last 600 35-64, Only Words winner of the last , 2-03-43, last 600 36-79, I know they were Oaks fillies but he looked to even have some petrol left.

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:17pm
If they are Oaks fillies than surely they are top class, your comment almost sounds like a derogatory comment, I am sure it was not meant to be.

For him to have run nearly 12 lengths faster than an Oaks trial is outstanding. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:30pm
Are you sure you don't suffer from some sort of paranoia or something similar ConfusedConfused they are time comparisons and also subject to race tempo as well , no hint of being derogatory , I stated they were oaks fillies , I think you need a good women !

Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:35pm
Firstly, yes, I do need a good woman.

2ndly, reading it again, I still think you worded it in a derogatory way.

Sorry.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:32pm
Your apologies are not needed my friend , just remember we don't all think alike Wink sometimes when there's black and white you seem to see a lot of grey , I can't help that .LOL

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:45pm
Was very impressive that’s for sure. Always a question mark how this translates to Mooney Valley in the spring though IMO. I won’t be rushing to back him just yet. 

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:13pm
I'd be more interested in a cc or mc rather than a Cox plate. He is a gelding so that shouldn't stop them going for at least one of the cups. Zeyrek is the other french import that I am keeping an eye on but they gave him to Hawkes and not sure they are as good staying trainers as Annabel.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 4:45pm

Timeform rating of 126 for Zaaki in winning the Doomben Cup. The best rating for a Doomben Cup winner in 22 years according to article below

https://www.racingandsports.com/news/timeform/timeform-news/2021-05-24/timeform-recap-2021-doomben-cup/549555%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.racingandsports.com/news/timeform/timeform-news/2021-05-24/timeform-recap-2021-doomben-cup/549555

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:52pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 4:36pm
I thought you would have checked if Moods was back on the wacky tabbacky djebel Big smile 

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 4:45pm
LOL  Look he could well be right, i do not believe so but I am not infallible. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

quote " but I'm not infallible " . LOLLOLLOL I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why my post was derogatory about a horse that was -53 of a sec. outside Might and Powers race record in the Doomben Cup.Wink

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:01pm

Moody: Why Aussies are best in world

Racing Article

Roger Oldridge https://www.twitter.com/roger_oldridge" rel="nofollow - @roger_oldridge

3:44pm

Zaaki’s seven length romp in the G1 Doomben Cup shouldn’t throw into question the legitimacy of his rivals, instead it should highlight the quality of Australian trainers.

That’s the view of Peter Moody, who posed the question on his podcast, Moody On The Mic, as to whether Annabel Neasham might get more from a horse than world-renowned trainer Sir Michael Stoute, who care the gelding was in when racing in the UK.

“We see it year in, year out when these horses come out from Europe and people downplay the quality of our racing stock,” Moody lamented.

“I think what should be celebrated more is the quality of our Australian trainers.

“Is Annabel Neasham a better trainer than Sir Michael Stoute? Massive call but she’s got this horse absolutely flying.”

Moody has personal experience in getting imported horses to find extra on Australian soil having trained Manighar to the both the G1 BMW and G1 Australian Cup after taking over from Luca Cumani.

“I was nearly hung and quartered in Europe for the fact I suggested that maybe we improve these horse on these great European trainers,” he said of the Manighar experience.

“Our training methods are much more advanced, we’re much more open minded, we have a lot more scope in the way we go about training these horses, they’re not pigeonholed like they are in Europe.

“They come out here to this environment and I think a lot of them find lengths because they’re a lot better trained.”

Zaaki has improved off every run since resuming down under.

He was sixth when first up in the G1 Doncaster, second beaten a nose in the G3 JRA Plate, won a star-studded G2 Hollindale Stakes by more than two lengths before belting them in the Doomben Cup last weekend.

“Don’t downplay the opposition; I would suggest that this horse has improved in his current environment and maybe he’s being trained better. Maybe,” Moody said.

“Australian trainers, I believe, are the best in the world and they significantly improve these European horses.

“We’ve seen it for a lot of years now, it started with the great Colin Hayes, TJ Smith, Bart Cummings.

“These horses just go to a new level in a new environment, trained differently and trained more open-mindedly that they are anywhere else in the world.”

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

quote " but I'm not infallible " . LOLLOLLOL I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why my post was derogatory about a horse that was -53 of a sec. outside Might and Powers race record in the Doomben Cup.Wink

What I said was derogatory was your comment that the other race over the same distance was it was only Oaks fillies.... 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:22pm
That was that they may not be Guaranteed Oaks fillies after the race , the winner has a rating of 77 , 2nd 88 , 3rd 85 , there really was not a standout and next week you can bet your life there'll be a diferrent winner with Waller saddling up about 8 runners. Wink

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:00pm

What I said was derogatory was your comment that the other race over the same distance was it was only Oaks fillies.... 

djebel , I said the were Oaks fillies , you put the word ONLY in to suit your narrative . Wink

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:04pm
I am determined to get the 2nd last word in.

At the end of the day You and I both agree he is top class.

Beer

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:05pm
C'mon you two, time to kiss and make up.  No open mouth stuff though.  Tongue Shocked

Date Posted: 27 May 2021 at 7:12pm
I am waiting for England to wake up this AM and see Matt Chapman go off his rocker. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Lord Hybrow
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Did the job today to collect a nice juicy prize money cheque.

Presuming the Cox plate will be the main aim in the Spring, look forward to seeing his pathway there.

I’d pencil in another 5 start prep - Chelmsford, George Main, Turnbull, Cox Plate, Mackinnon.

Posted By: Red Rancher
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:23pm
Surely he needs to run lengths better to win a CP than he ran today? He beat nothing by a small margin.

The problem is we have no weight for age stars unless some 3 year olds step up.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Red Rancher Red Rancher wrote:

Surely he needs to run lengths better to win a CP than he ran today? He beat nothing by a small margin.

Plus the internationals who usually come. Let's see who travels here. Should be an interesting Cox Plate.

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Red Rancher Red Rancher wrote:

Multiple G1 winners were behind him, including two who have won G1 races this calendar year, what more do you want from this and who else could have run here to make it that much a stronger race? Ok I'll give you Sir Dragonet and perhaps Fifty Stars, but we can't expect Verry Elleegant to run in everything.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 3:53pm
j-mac will have an interesting choice come cox plate day. zaaki vs very elleegant

-------------
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 4:03pm
He certainly will Shawy , done a mighty job in Qld. that's as far as he wants ( yesterday imo.) definite 1600- 2000 horse to maintain that zip needed .

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 4:51pm

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:05pm
Disgraceful. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:00pm
Not surprised at all. Disappointing.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:03pm
Why are you not surprised ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:26pm
So not raceday performance enhancing at all. What were the levels - infinitesmal?Wink

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:06pm
Couldn't have been much Tlaz. Feel this one is pretty accidental.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm
Why did the horse need it ?

Why is it part of the process ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Ever seen a vet bill? Seen the stuff that goes into a horse while in work? 

This horse was probably scoped, jabbed, drenched and wrapped all before 9.30 Tuesday morning

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:39pm

To prolong soundness & thus their racing life djebel. What's the difference between elite sportsmen/women & horses or dogs? They all have stressed body tissues post extreme efforts & thus need treatment. At least this stuff's well known & not flying under the analyst's radars!

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm
Perhaps the horses should not be pushed to run every fortnight.

Zaaki would not be allowed to have any of this medication whilst in work in the UK. 

It is another blight on this countries reputation. 

Emma Berry - 

Biggest question raised from Zaaki’s positive test result is in sentence about horses routinely being given anti-inflammatories post-galloping. Why? If they are at that stage why not rest them until they can be trained medication-free? Better for the horse and the sport’s image.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:40pm
His form in England wasn't overly flash, who's to say he didn't have niggles holding him back? They're hardly going to disclose if in fact they were aware of them?
High stakes = high veterinary expenses
Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Sister Dot
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:15pm
Comes over here and turns into the best thing since sliced bread, how good are we? Wink

-------------
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”

Posted By: Mr Grieves
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:22am
we're just better trainers according to Moods Ermm

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:35am

Zaaki would not be allowed to have any of this medication whilst in work in the UK. 

Emma Berry - 

Biggest question raised from Zaaki’s positive test result is in sentence about horses routinely being given anti-inflammatories post-galloping. Why? If they are at that stage why not rest them until they can be trained medication-free? Better for the horse and the sport’s image.
Best you read up what's allowable in the UK and EU in regard to medication , your knowledge on the physical side is minuscule . Wink
this is allowable 72 hours before racing , mind you I could be wrong fwiw .Big smile

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 1:05am

Emma Berry - 

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/PUBLISHED-DETECTION-TIMES-updated-June-2019.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://www.britishhorseracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/PUBLISHED-DETECTION-TIMES-updated-June-2019.pdf

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 1:31am
It's all there TJ , 72 hours retention time , I think this horse was right on the cusp so they let it run , the race got the metabolism into overdrive and whatever little amount that was there was expired , she stated Tuesday and the time period was in accordance to the rules , this is Not the first horse to have a very slight positive and the slow release has held a fraction , every time you see this horse he's at the beach , of course !! therapeutic. Wink

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:30am
They are catching a lot of people at levels far below performance enhancing. It's like if the police set their radar speed guns to 5kph.LOL

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:04am
Don't go to tassie I got pulled over 5kmp over on a hill, but they gave a caution.  Didn't help my heart rate or driving.  I was so focused on the speed I could of hit anyone because I was constantly looking down at the speedo.

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

To prolong soundness & thus their racing life djebel. What's the difference between elite sportsmen/women & horses or dogs? They all have stressed body tissues post extreme efforts & thus need treatment. At least this stuff's well known & not flying under the analyst's radars!

Rest assured that every footballer in the country takes anti inflammatories. For FS, I take it before a round of golfSmile

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Don't go to tassie I got pulled over 5kmp over on a hill, but they gave a caution.  Didn't help my heart rate or driving.  I was so focused on the speed I could of hit anyone because I was constantly looking down at the speedo.

That reminds me of the last time I was in Tasmania, racing to get to a flight at Launceston from the north-west. I was going 120 for a good stretch of it and I wasn't on my lonesome.Embarrassed

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: slowdown
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

That reminds me of the last time I was in Tasmania, racing to get to a flight at Launceston from the north-west. I was going 120 for a good stretch of it and I wasn't on my lonesome.Embarrassed
makes sense Tlaz. that road I s 110 km  and then you get your 10 percent allowance??

-------------
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:30am
You don't have to be a sportsman to need pain killers.  The vast majority of people would have something for a sore back, head, neck etc at least once a week and we aren't out challenging our bodies to produce the best they can.  The way my back feels at the moment - I need them now!

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:45am
On the other hand I was somewhere near Port Arthur after dark and there was a sign saying keep below 60 after dark to avoid hitting devils. So I'm crawling along and I must have missed the sign that says you can speed up again because I never saw one so I went for km after km at under 60.

I would like to know how long that Tassie Devil speed restricted zone is. It's probably only 5k or something like that but I went 30 or 40.Big smile

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:04pm

You don't have to be a sportsman to need pain killers.  The vast majority of people would have something for a sore back, head, neck etc at least once a week and we aren't out challenging our bodies to produce the best they can.  The way my back feels at the moment - I need them now!

I’m off for  a massage to sort mine out Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:44pm

Emma Berry - 

Suggest you get the BHA drug list and detention times and pin it on your forehead , your " holier than thou " attitude in regard to UK racing is laughable , do you think this Lady would ruin her short and promising career over this drug , you owe her an apology imo.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 1:40pm
It is not about her as such it is about the Aussie culture.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:35pm
You've been actively involved with yards in Euro countries & the US have you djebel? Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 2:51pm
You telling me you've worked in the US racing industry.

I am sure you know they have a worse culture than our trainers.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 3:22pm
What's the US racing culture got to do with your post ? Big smile

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:42pm

You telling me you've worked in the US racing industry.
I am sure you know they have a worse culture than our trainers.

No & neither have I implied so, unlike you, who seem to know the intricate workings of European stables from the inside out, not to mention those in Oz too Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Says everything you need to know Gay.

Perhaps I am being naive but European stable would not admit to this being routine. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: linghi11
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm

It's all there TJ , 72 hours retention time , I think this horse was right on the cusp so they let it run , the race got the metabolism into overdrive and whatever little amount that was there was expired , she stated Tuesday and the time period was in accordance to the rules , this is Not the first horse to have a very slight positive and the slow release has held a fraction , every time you see this horse he's at the beach , of course !! therapeutic. Wink

Most curious that it was, in fact, the pre race blood that nabbed it. Post race urine was clear. Interesting choice to reduce the dose of the drug rather than the withholding time

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:00pm
From the report they treat post their last gallop so the only option is to reduce dose unless they gallop a day earlier.

-------------

Posted By: Bonjour
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:06am
First off I have to say Emma Berry is a friend of ours, her husband John former mayor of Newmarket and a bloody good horse trainer hosted a tour we took to the UK, we got to know them both very well and Emma is a hands on horse person and a terrific journalist, for her to weigh in on this issue is quite poignant.

I agree with her, if you use a pain killer on a horse after a gallop or hard work you are masking an underlying issue and if you know of such issue and are using the drug under the guise of therapy then you are seriously misguided.

I never used pain killers as a training aid, yes I know back in the day 'Bute' was the go to drug and was often overused, Meloxicam is a far more gut friendly assist for the horse nowadays, it wasn't available to us back in the day, however, the issue of these young trainers using these drugs is very concerning.

Vets are a necessary evil in my opinion, there are so many gungho physicians out there who prescribe pain killers at the drop of a hat, and you only have to look as far as Sam K, Darren S and a plethora of under 40yo's that have been fined/disq/sus/ etc for using drugs or additives on their horses in an endeavour to get an edge, Neasham may well have been innocent of deception, just guilty of lack of care and attention when using Meloxicam, it's the psyche that worries me.....a culture is evolving here in Oz/NZ and what we don't need is another Bob B scenario or even a Robert S, whereby the public perception of racing is heading Deep South......IMO......

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 12:53pm
Good insight bonjour.
To me it seems quite grey as to the extent of what may be treated. I’m sure not every application is masking a catastrophic injury but very mild wear and tear that may have not potential ramifications down the track 

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:31pm
All horses have wear and tear SITW, the older ones for sure, we treat these conditions differently, if you're lucky enough to have a beach, well that's the very best god given aid you can possible have, walking in the salt water morning and night, good for man and beast, there's so many ways to treat injuries and still look forward to longevity [Inshallah] for your horse, wind galls were natures warning, but and it's a big but, hairline fractures can't be identified easily, a horse shuffles say, and you've never seen it shuffle before? big race coming up, what to do? well, I wont go there, but what we are witnessing with the new breed of trainer is a win at all cost mentality, and that's what will eventually take our sport/industry to the precipice....IMO

Posted By: Sister Dot
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:10pm
That’s so sad Bonjour, why can’t we have an industry that reveres and prioritises the animal that sustains it? 
Pity we can’t be an example to the rest of the world.

-------------
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 10:10pm
I do hope we are not letting the issue of this horse and the medication he received be clouded by the habitual goings on in the USA of one serial drug cheat who no doubt has been " cuddled " by some people in powerful positions , I'm referring to one Bob Baffert , this horse Zaaki has returned negative swabs in QLD , the hysteria really should be pointed at the original silence of the one in the JRA cup imo , i know a bad egg when I see one , this lady ain't one !

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 10:34am
I'm pretty sure she is not a bad egg Carioca, my only fear is she may have succumbed to peer pressure by those with a vested interest and gone against her better judgement.

So early in her career to have a positive, not her wish I'll bet, and I agree wholeheartedly with you re certain cuddled trainers, transparency and accountability in racing is almost nonexistent and credibility of certain recidivist trainers is trashed.

Our esteemed friend on another website alleged swabs are taken but not tested due to financial constraints, if this was ever proved, racing as we know it would cease to exist, NZ racing is under a cloud due simply to the debt the industry owes and is ongoing, they are so broke pre-race testing is almost non-existent so who's to say that's not the case here? QLD I mean, as it's smoke and mirrors north of the Tweed, always was, always will be.

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:04pm

Craig Williams looms as the possible Melbourne spring rider of Zaaki as soon as next month’s Underwood Stakes if trainer Annabel Neasham can get approval to have her staff in place in time.

Neasham said on Monday she was still holding out some hope Sydney jockeys might be available to come to Melbourne for a race like the Cox Plate, but said she had been in talks with Williams about the spring ride.

Regular rider James McDonald is set to partner the import first-up in Saturday’s Tramway Stakes at Randwick but due to COVID-19 protocols, is unlikely to be able to travel to Melbourne.

“If James can’t get down, I’ve been in talks with Craig Williams, who is keen to ride him,” Neasham said.

“I haven’t committed for the whole prep yet but I think if he does come down for the Underwood, he’ll ride him there.

“But I suppose I am holding out a small glimmer of hope that by the Cox Plate they could get Sydney jockeys down there.

“If not, I am sure Craig will be keen to ride him. It’s nothing I am too worried about as he’s a straight-forward horse. If not James, then Craig looks a good option.”

Neasham said Zaaki would run second-up in the $1 million group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m) at Sandown on September 26 if she could relocate her staff in time.

“If I can get my staff into quarantine down there he’ll go to the Underwood and if not he’ll go to the George Main,” she said.

“I’d want my staff there. Otherwise, he’ll be there for a month without any of my staff. A couple of weeks might be OK but I think to go a while month would not suit.

“It’s (Underwood) three weeks after the Tramway so they would need to be there by the middle of next week.”

The group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m) – renamed his year to the Might And Power Stakes - looms as Zaaki’s lead-up run into the Cox Plate, for which the horse has been a short-priced favourite since stringing together three effortless wins in Queensland over the late autumn/early winter.

“The Caulfield Stakes is a race I’d like to run in,” she said.

“He was so great around Doomben and the Gold Coast and although its the other way, it is a similar sort of track and it suits horses that like to roll along and do their own thing a bit, which I think will suit him that deep into his prep.”

As for Saturday’s much-awaited return, Neasham said it comes as something of a relief after being the Cox Plate talking horse for the best part of three months.

“It’s good to get him back to the races,” she said.

“He had a little jump-out at home on Friday. He’s first-up over an inadequate trip (1400m) I would say but I think it’s a nice race to kick him off as he’s ready to go to the races.

“He’ll improve but I still expect him to be very competitive.”

Posted By: Foxseal
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:40pm
Anyone else a little surprised to see him running in the Tramway over 1400m rather than the Chelmsford over 1600m?

He did kick off his awesomely successful autumn/winter first up over 1600m in the Doncaster, so why not follow the same template in the Spring?

Even the trainers commented about an “inadequate trip” 

“He’s first-up over an inadequate trip (1400m) I would say but I think it’s a nice race to kick him off as he’s ready to go to the races”.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:23am
That is one thing you can't say about Waller Foxy.

At least he had Winx and he has Verry Elleegant always racing the top horses of the time.

I get the feeling that the stable and owners are still trying to work out just how good he is, but no doubt he could win the Chelmsford or even the Makybe Diva if he went down south the next saturday.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:26am
Maybe the trainer thinks he's not forward enough for the mile WFA , he did only carry 53-5 kg in the Doncaster and she may not have realised the type of horse she had on her hands so early to improve like he did , having a look at all form in U.K. was very rarely tried beyond a mile , 7 weeks to her goal , should be cherry ripe imo.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 5:12pm
Never in doubt 

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 5:25pm
Would love to see him take on VE in the George Main

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 5:30pm
Brilliant winner with plenty left , ran time too 1-22-62, a perfect spring board into the big one. Clap

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

You'd have to be a real mug, a first class dimwit, to take $4 all-in Zaaki at this stage - I got $5.LOL

^ Posted in May.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 5:53pm
Heading to Melbourne, next race Underwood in 2wks

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 6:09pm
Excellent , gives Melbourne a chance to see a very nice racehorse .

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
Shame we won't see him clash with the great mare in the George Main.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:14am
Unusual circumstances may have created this not to be imo , the Randwick track has been declared " too tired " atm and needs a short break before the hammering it will get with the coming carnival , Rosehill has Covid problems hence the move to Kembla, now if it was Winx , who knows .Smile

Posted By: Lord Hybrow
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Shame we won't see him clash with the great mare in the George Main.
When is VE heading to Melb?  Do we have to wait until the Cox Plate to see the great mare put this aged gelding to the sword?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 12:25pm
The latest reports I have seen say she'll go to the Turnbull or Caulfield Stakes next, let's hope that it's the latter as a clash between Zaaki and her over 2000m leading into the Cox Plate would be sensational, although I guess from a VE point of view if they go to the Turnbull that keeps the Caulfield Cup option more open, ie 2 weeks into CC 3 into CP plus Waller preferred this path with Winx as she got older as well, tried and true and all that.

Annabel Neasham has been smart in sending her two stars to Melbourne for suitable races while having them also not race each other or VE in their next start but she'll be backed into a corner of doing one or both eventually.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:48pm
Bring on the match race against VE where she will spank him 

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:04pm
He'll be better for that run.

Staggered to hear this nonsense the TAB has already paid out for him in the Cox Plate, What is that all about ? 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:10pm
If true, that is just dumb 

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:08pm
If true, it's good business as most will simply reinvest & on a wider spread of horses.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
I'm more than happy with $8 VE.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:35pm
Zaaki - Timeform rating of 124 for winning Underwood Stakes.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:15am
Oh come on 124, are you serious.

Every person and their dog has said he was not at his best but he won, and the ratings boys are saying it was one of his best runs, get the f#$k out of here.

On his run last saturday I would even be tempted to back Sir Dragonet to beat him at 2000m. 

There is no way knowing that effort rated a 124, I thought his previous win was better at 1400m!

Oh forget about it!  

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 1:03am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Oh come on 124, are you serious.

Every person and their dog has said he was not at his best but he won, and the ratings boys are saying it was one of his best runs, get the f#$k out of here.

On his run last saturday I would even be tempted to back Sir Dragonet to beat him at 2000m. 

There is no way knowing that effort rated a 124, I thought his previous win was better at 1400m!

Oh forget about it!  

To my eye initially I thought the Timeform rating was around 120 or 121. In my opinion I think 124 is a bit high but it is what it is and we move on.

-------------

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:36pm
Anyone who pays attention to ratings like this has no idea. Timeform are one of the worst culprits.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:14pm
Cox Plate tickets in the bin?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:15pm
Track too hard for the pommy?

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:20pm
Track is like a road

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:22pm
If horses add pressure to Zaaki during the race, then there is a good chance he will crumble like a cheesecake biscuit base. Zaaki is a Group 3/Listed horse in Europe which is the best racing jurisdiction in the world at 1600m+....he was getting hammered in Europe...and why...because they run their races with pressure.....world class pressure and Zaaki couldn't handle it. Then Zaaki comes to Australia and wins a few Group 1s and people are talking about Zaaki like he is something special. Sit and sprint conditions suit Zaaki....but races with pressure...and Zaaki can't handle it which is what exactly happened in the G1 Might And Power Stakes today (2000m) at Caulfield.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:26pm
Do not throw those Cox Plate tickets away as this race is know as a graveyard for favorites.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:31pm
Track far too hard today, and that's becoming all too frequent at Caulfield.  Whether that was a reason for Zaaki's ordinary run or not... 

Hopefully the Cox will be run on a Good 4 or even a 5.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
Cox Plate is usually ran after 5pm, not ideal although the surface is more forgiving.
Jury out for mine.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:49pm
Stopped pulling then gave little , definitely needs pace on imo .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net