Forum Description: Horse racing from all around the world
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=66524
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: European Racing 2021
Posted By: Grey Affair
Subject: European Racing 2021
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:20am
The Cheltenham Gold Cup has just been run & won by Minella Indo defeating A Plus Tard & Al Boum Photo who won the 2019 & 2020 editions of the Cup. The winner was ridden by Jack Kennedy & trained by Henry de Bromhead who also had the second horse.

Replies:
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:13am
The Gp3 Prix Penelope was won by Philomene (3f Dubawi - Prudenzia, by Dansili) with Incarville 2½ lengths behind in second place.  It was an impressive win & she might be one of the better contenders for Prix de Diane later in the year.

Philomene is a half-sister to the Gp1 winners Magic Wand & Chicquita.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 3:30am
The Listed Further Flight Stakes (14 furlongs) has just been won by Sir Ron Priestley (5h  Australia - Reckoning, by Danehill Dancer). It was his first start since Sep 2019 when he ran 2nd in the St Leger to Logician. He had previously won the Gp3 March Stakes. Sir Ron Priestley led, was joined in the home straight by the favourite, Ocean Wind, but dug deep & outstayed him.

His dam, Reckoning, has had a successful past fortnight as her son, Subjectivist, won the G2 Dubai Gold Cup. He tasted Gp1 success in the 2020 Prix Royal-Oak.

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:19pm
https://www.bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/56701659" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.com/sport/horse-racing/56701659   
No mention of the female jockey winning the Grand National ??

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:24am

ACROSS THE GLOBE RACHAEL STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT FROM JAMIE

JAMIE KAH held the world spotlight as the first female to ride a Group 1 winner for the powerful Godolphin Empire but that was stolen by RACHAEL BLACKMORE hours later when she became the first woman to win the Grand National at Aintree.

FRANK KEOGH of BBC SPORT reports that Blackmore made sporting history by becoming the first female jockey to win the Grand National with victory on Minella Times at Aintree.

The Irish rider (pictured above courtesy of THE TELEGRAPH) scored a thrilling triumph aboard the 11-1 chance, trained by Henry de Bromhead who also saddled runner-up Balko Des Flos.

"I don't feel male or female right now. I don't even feel human," 31-year-old Blackmore told ITV.

Any Second Now was third, with Burrows Saint fourth.

The 173rd running of the world's most famous steeplechase provided a story for the ages as Blackmore won in the colours of owner JP McManus.

Blackmore had already achieved a landmark success at last month's Cheltenham Festival when becoming the first woman to be the meeting's leading jockey.

She demonstrated perfect poise and timing to guide Minella Times expertly round the 30 fences over more than four and a quarter miles for victory by six and a half lengths.

The closest a female jockey had previously come to winning the race was Katie Walsh on Seabass in 2012 when she finished third.

"I cannot believe it," Blackmore said. "He was a sensational spin. It is unbelievable."

There were no spectators at the Merseyside track because of Covid-19 protocols, but the historic moment was not lost on the jockeys, trainers and owners in attendance who cheered the pair back into the winner's enclosure.

The 1-2 for De Bromhead sealed his own remarkable story, having won the Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase and Gold Cup at Cheltenham.

One of the 40 runners, The Long Mile, was euthanised after suffering an injury while running on the flat between fences. It was the second equine fatality in eight editions of the race since safety changes were introduced in 2013.

Jockey Bryony Frost was taken to hospital after being unseated from her mount Yala Enki.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 7:36pm
https://www.irishexaminer.com/columns/ruby-walsh_columnistid-1995.html" rel="nofollow - Ruby Walsh

There’s no point in now telling lies: I wasn’t part of the Rachael Blackmore brains trust that advised the relatively unsuccessful amateur to turn professional at the age of 25, to try her hand at a profession which would require as much mental toughness as most other people think it requires physical resilience.

I wasn’t one of the few who spotted the talent and, being honest, until we crossed paths in her first season as a claiming professional, I only knew her as Miss R Blackmore on the racecards, riding occasionally for John “Shark” Hanlon.

She says she turned professional because she had nothing to lose, but I don’t buy that.

A young woman fresh out of college had as much to lose as she was ever likely to gain. But I guess there was the mentality and outlook that we are all seeing now.

The will to try, the belief to keep trying, the state of mind to recognise improvement will always be needed, and the ability to be self-critical, but not to the point of self-doubt, are not strengths all people possess.

Even if they sound simple, the easy things are always the hardest.

I will also freely admit I was never sure — nor am I still — that being a professional jump jockey is a trade for every female because, simply, it is not one for every male either. Winning is magnificent, but the only guarantees any jockey has is that they will lose more than they win and will hit the ground on average once in every 19 rides.

Anthony McCoy is the winning-most and losing-most National Hunt jockey of all time; Richard Johnson is second in both; I am third. One comes with the other, and you can do the maths for how many falls each of us had.

The physical pain of anything in life leaves you quickly, it is what affect it has on you mentally that will determine what course of action you take.

It is those individuals who repeatedly pick themselves up and go again that I admire most.

For me, this is where Rachael Blackmore breaks the mould.

Some of the most talented horse people in the world have been female, but in a sport where two ambulances follow you around every day, it is the sheer strength of will she has to pick herself off the floor and go again that amazes me.

There is no doubt she has ridden her way to the top of the tree, helped by the support of many, but given the opportunity to ride better horses by Gigginstown House Stud, firstly, and Henry de Bromhead, secondly, that has pushed her to where she is now.

When I was given my last champion jockey’s trophy, in 2017, I stood beside her on the podium at Punchestown as she was crowned champion conditional and even from then to now, she is unrecognisable.

Her progress in the finer details of race-riding has been on a trajectory that economists would love, but even since Honeysuckle in the 2020 Mares’ Hurdle at Cheltenham to Honeysuckle in the 2021 Champion Hurdle, Rachael has further harnessed the skills of race-riding.

Tactical awareness, judgement of pace, and conviction in her own plans led to Saturday at Aintree, where, by the time she crossed back over the Melling Road after jumping just 12 of the 30 fences in the world’s greatest steeplechase, she was singing off her own hymn sheet, situated exactly here she wanted to be, just lengths behind the leader, Jett, close to the favourite, Cloth Cap, and beside her housemate, Patrick Mullins, who was on Burrows Saint.

From there, she negotiated her way over The Chair and set off on what must have been the most thrilling two miles of her life as, with each fence jumped thereafter, she felt the reality of winning the Grand National grow greater.

From the elbow she knew she would win. What she felt then was the excitement of a lifetime’s ambition becoming reality.

Indescribable, but what she didn’t yet feel like she had accomplished was the breaking of the highest glass ceiling in National Hunt racing.

A woman had finally ridden the winner of the Grand National.

No ordinary person, either, because whilst she undoubtedly has the physical strength, it is the mental courage of any top sports person that she has too.

I know from looking at her that physically, as I did myself, she aches at the minute when she gets a fall, but no-one outside of Rachael’s world will even notice that.

Her achievements at Cheltenham and on Saturday at Aintree have been earned whilst parking pain in some far-flung corner of her brain.

I watched her fall from Plan Of Attack at an empty Prestbury Park an hour after Allaho won the Ryanair Chase.

I stood with David Casey, watching the screens being erected around her as the medical team attended, and we both thought something was amiss. It probably was, but she got up and walked away. When you ask her how she is, her mouth utters the words “fine, thanks” but her eyes scream otherwise, and her body just carries on because that is the price of success.

Ronan O’Gara always told me that when you miss the first penalty take the second like it’s the first. Simple logic, but try it someday when you make a mistake.

Yet, when Captain Guinness ran away with her in the Arkle, she parked it and won the Champion Hurdle an hour later.

Jason The Militant dumped her far too easily in the Aintree Hurdle on Thursday and she responded by winning the Grand National. How? Why? Because she can do it all: Park physical pain, take the pressure of setbacks and defeats,and carry on delivering.

I doubt Rachael will read this, but if you do, have a look in the mirror. You are Rachael Blackmore. You are a Grand National-winning rider. But most of all, you are a brilliant jockey.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40263593.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40263593.html

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:40am
The Listed Feilden Stakes (9 Fur) has been won by Highland Avenue (3c Dubawi - Lumiere, by Shamardal). It was a Godolphin quinella with Secret Protector running second & a good gap back to Royal Champion in third. The dam, Lumiere, won the Gp1 Cheveley Park Stakes as a 2yo.

While only a listed race, the Feilden Stakes has been won by G1 winners Golden Horn, Intello, Golden Snake, Olden Times, Campanologist, Ventura Storm, Storm Trooper & Redwood.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:57am
Also, forgot to post results from Sunday of Classic trials from Ireland.

The Gp3 Ballysax Stakes (10 fur) was won by Bolshoi Ballet (3c Galileo - Alta Anna, by Anabaa). This race has been previously won by the likes of Galileo, High Chaparral, Yeats, Fame And Glory, Fascinating Rock, Harzand & Rekindling.

The Gp3 Leopardstown 1,000 Guineas Trial Stakes (7 fur) was won by Keeper Of Time (3f Mehmas - Motheeba, by Mustanfar)

The Listed Leopardstown 2,000 Guineas Trial Stakes (8 fur) was won by Poetic Flare (3c Dawn Approach - Maria Lee, by Rock Of Gibraltar).

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:02am
The Gp3 Nell Gwyn Stakes (7 fur) has been won by Sacred (3f Exceed And Excel - Sacre Caroline, by Blame) defeating Saffron Beach & Love Is You.

The Gp3 Earl Of Sefton Stakes (9 fur) was won by My Oberon (4h Dubawi - My Titania, by Sea The Stars) defeating Marie's Diamond & San Donato

The Listed European Free Handicap (7 fur) was won by the Queen's colt Tactical (3c Toronado - Make Fast, by Makfi) defeating Naval Crown & Ontario.

In Ireland, the Listed Heritage Stakes (8 fur) was won by Lope Y Fernandez (4h Lope De Vega - Black Dahlia, by Dansili) easily defeating Saltonstall & Koolasice.

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 11:37pm
Palace Pier will have his first start in 2021 tonight in the Gp2 Sandown Mile. He won two Group Ones last year as a 3yo. He only has three opponents tonight & is currently 5/2 on.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:34am
The Gp3 Gordon Richards Stakes over about 10 furlongs has been won by Waldkonig (4h Kingman - Waldlerche, by Monsun). He is a half brother to the Arc winner, Waldgeist.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 2:05am
The Gp2 Sandown Mile was won very easily by Palace Pier (4h Kingman - Beach Frolic, by Nayef). Bless Him was 2nd & Happy Power 3rd. That takes Palace Pier's record to 6 wins & a 3rd from 7 starts.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 2:54am
The Gp3 Sandown Classic Trial (about 10 fur) was won by Alenquer (3c Adlerflug - Wild Blossom, by Areion) from Adayar & Yibir. Yibir & Alenquer were the leaders while Adayar (3c Frankel - Anna Salai, by Dubawi) finished solidly.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 4:38am
The Gp3 Vintage Crop Stakes over 14 furlongs at Navan was won by Baron Samedi (4g Harbour Watch - Dame Shirley, by Haafhd). Master Of Reality ran 2nd with Emperor Of The Sun in 3rd. Last year's Irish Derby winner Santiago finished an ordinary 4th beaten 4¼ lengths as a long odds on favourite.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:12pm
Some interesting racing at Ascot tonight with three stakes races being run.

The Gp3 Sagaro Stakes (about 2 miles) sees Stradivarius commence his 2021 campaign as an odds on favourite.

The Gp3 Pavilion Stakes (for 3yos over 6 fur) also has an odds in favourite in Supremacy who won the Gp1 Middle Park Stakes & Gp2 Richmond Stakes as a 2yo.

The favourite in the Listed Paradise Stakes (1 mile) is Haqeeqy who overcame difficulties to win the Lincoln Handicap last month. I remember seeing another impressive winner of the Lincoln in 2018 when Addeybb defeated Lord Glitters. Both subsequently have become multiple Group One winners.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 3:14am
The Gp3 Sagaro Stakes was won  by Stradivarius (7h  Sea The Stars - Private Life, by Bering) defeating Ocean Wing & Nayef Road. He won by a length but often he just does enough to win.

The Gp3 Pavilion Stakes was won by Rohaan (3g  Mayson - Vive Les Rouges, by Acclamation)

The LR Paradise Stakes was won by Oh This Is Us (8h  Acclamation - Shamwari Lodge, by Hawk Wing)

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:53am
The first Group One of the season will be held tonight with the running of the Two Thousand Guineas at Newmarket. It looks like a tough race but I'm thinking of having a small wager at double figure odds on Lucky Vega who was a Gp1 winner as a 2yo & very unlucky behind today's favourite Thunder Moon in the Gp1 National Stakes last September.

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 1:12am
I tend to think Thunder Moon is something very very special. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 2:55am
Thunder Moon was done and dusted in the paddock.

Jim Bolger, amazing trainer.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:06am
The Two Thousand Guineas was won by Poetic Flare (3c  Dawn Approach - Maria Lee, by Rock Of Gibraltar) in a close finish from Master Of The Seas & Lucky Vega.

Date Posted: 03 May 2021 at 3:04am
The Gp1 One Thousand Guineas was won by Mother Earth (3f  Zoffany - Many Colours, by Green Desert). She defeated Saffron Beach & Fev Rover.

The Gp1 Prix Ganay was won by Mare Australis (4h  Australia - Miramare, by Rainbow Quest) defeating Gold Trip & Mogul.

And yes, Mare Australis is definitely a stallion!

Date Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:07am
I have been waiting for the reappearance of High Definition this season.

He has the following entries:-
  • Saturday, 08 May 2021 - 2:50
    (Four day) at Lingfield https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/31/lingfield/2021-05-08/781501" rel="nofollow - Novibet Derby Trial Stakes (Listed Race) (1m3½f)

• Sunday, 09 May 2021 - 1:45
    (Six day) at Leopardstown https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/187/leopardstown/2021-05-09/784378" rel="nofollow - Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial Stakes (Group 3 (1m2f)

• Thursday, 13 May 2021 - 3:10
    (Early closer) at York https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/107/york/2021-05-13/779366" rel="nofollow - Al Basti Equiworld Dubai Dante Stakes (Group 2 (1m2½f)

• Saturday, 22 May 2021 - 3:20
    (Early closer) at Curragh https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/178/curragh/2021-05-22/769769" rel="nofollow - Tattersalls Irish 2,000 Guineas (Group 1) (Colts & Fillies )(1m)

• Saturday, 05 June 2021 - 4:30
    (Early closer) at Epsom https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17/epsom/2021-06-05/747175" rel="nofollow - Cazoo Derby (Group 1) (British Champions Series) (1m4f)

• Tuesday, 15 June 2021 - 4:15
    (Early closer) at Ascot https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2021-06-15/781516" rel="nofollow - St James's Palace Stakes (Group 1) (British Champions Series) (Colts) (1m)

• Friday, 18 June 2021 - 3:05
    (Early closer) at Ascot https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2021-06-18/781524" rel="nofollow - King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2) (Colts & Geldings) (1m4f)

• Saturday, 26 June 2021 - 7:15
    (Early closer) at Curragh https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/178/curragh/2021-06-26/771355" rel="nofollow - Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Group 1) (Colts & Fillies) (1m4f)

Date Posted: 06 May 2021 at 2:28am
The Gp3 Chester Vase was won by Youth Spirit  (3c  Camelot - Rocana, by Fastnet Rock) with Sandhurst 2nd & Fancy Man 3rd.

The LR Cheshire Oaks was won by Dubai Fountain  (3f  Teofilo - Nafura, by Dubawi) with Zeyaadah 2nd & Nicest 3rd.

Posted By: Brudder_A
Date Posted: 06 May 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

The Gp1 Prix Ganay was won by Mare Australis (4h  Australia - Miramare, by Rainbow Quest) defeating Gold Trip & Mogul.

And yes, Mare Australis is definitely a stallion!

Miramare is a castle in Trieste located on the Adriatic Sea.... (right on the border of Italy and Croatia)

Mare in Italian is sea!!!!

So the naming and the enunciation of this word has got nothing to do with English equivalent of the spelling of the word....

Australis - I think just about everyone on TBV can work that out Wink

Posted By: Ticino
Date Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:19pm
Hello,
it was great surprise for me, to see "Mare Australis" by Australia is a Germanbred. He belongs to the direct damline of Monsun. He was bred by the Schlender Stud/von Ullmann family. During the last 
decade they started to train several horses by the top French Trainer Andre Fabre.

I remember his 4th dam well, because "Majoritat" was the top race filly, in the late 80's. if you compare her ped with "Monsun", she is a 3/4 relative. The common ancester is Monacensia (Kaiseradler).

regards, Ticino

Date Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:19am
Hello,
the Germanbred mare Axana (Soldier Hollow-Achinora by Sleeping Indian) won the Chartwell Fillies Stakes (Gr. 3), 1400 meter at Lingfield (Great Britain)

regards, Ticino

Date Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:36am
The Gp3 Derrinstown Derby Trial Stakes over 10 furlongs at Leopardstown was won very easily by Bolshoi Ballet (3c Galileo - Alta Anna, by Anabaa). This colt, trained by Aidan O'Brien, had also won the Ballysax Stakes last month. His victory tonight was the impressive Derby trial I have seen this year although it will be interesting to see the Dante Stakes on Thursday. High Definition is entered & a few other smart colts.

The Gp3 Irish 1,000 Guineas Trial (1 mile) was won by Joan Of Arc (3f Galileo - You'resothrilling, by Storm Cat).

The Gp3 Amethyst Stakes (1 mile) was won by Maker Of Kings (4g Zoffany - Desire Moi, by Galileo)

Date Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:18am
The Gp3 Musidora Stakes over 10½ furlongs for 3yo fillies has been won by Snowfall (Deep Impact - Best In The World, by Galileo) who scored by 3¾ lengths from Noon Star with Teona ½ length further back in third place. As a result the Aidan O'Brien trained Snowfall has been installed as second favourite for the Oaks behind her stablemate Santa Barbara.

Snowfall's dam, Best In The World, is a Gp3 winning full-sister to the Arc heroine, Found. Their dam, Red Evie, was a top class miler with two Group Ones to her credit.

The Gp2 Duke Of York Stakes (6 fur) was won by Starman (4h Dutch Art - Northern Star, by Montjeu).

Date Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:45am
The Gp2 Dante Stakes has been won by Hurricane Lane (3c Frankel - Gale Force, by Shirocco). 2nd was Megallan & 3rd was the slightly disappointing High Definition who finished solidly but without the same dash he showed as a 2yo. I still expect him to perform well in the Derby as will the winner who should have no troubles with the trip being out of a Shirocco mare.

The Gp2 Middleton Stakes was won by 8 lengths by Queen Power (5m Shamardal - Princess Serena, by Unbridled's Song).

King Power Racing had a very successful day as they also won the LR Westow Stakes with Winter Power (3f Bungle Inthejungle - Titian Saga, by Titus Livius).

Date Posted: 15 May 2021 at 4:26am
There has been some interesting staying races, both over 14 furlongs.

The Gp2 Yorkshire Cup was won by Spanish Mission (5h Noble Mission - Limonar, by Street Cry). He scored by 2¾ lengths from Santiago with Sir Ron Priestley 3rd.

The LR Saval Beg Levmoss Stakes was won by Emperor Of The Sun (4h Galileo - Zouzou, by Redoute's Choice). He won by 3½ lengths from Search For A Song with Twilight Payment 3rd. The winner is out of an Australian mare who also produced Zoustar.

Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 2:18am
There have been a few stakes races run so far & later will see the running of the Gp1 Lockinge Stakes over the mile at Newbury.

The LR Carnarvon Stakes over 6 furlongs at Newbury was won by Creative Force (3g Dubawi - Choose Me, by Choisir) who was impressive enough to suggest he can win in Group company.

The LR Fairway Stakes over 10 furlongs for 3yos at Newmarket was won by the beautifully bred John Leeper (3c Frankel - Snow Fairy, by Intikhab). His dam won 6 G1s including the English & Irish Oaks. John Leeper is talented but still very green. Since its inception in 1998, winners of the Fairway Stakes haven't been successful in the Derby but there are number of G1 winners including Green Moon, Old Persian, Lucarno, Red Rocks, David Junior & Royal Anthem.

The Gp3 Aston Park Stakes over 12 furlongs at Newbury was won effortlessly by Al Aasy (4h Sea The Stars - Kitcara, by Shamardal) defeating Thunderous & the 2019 St Leger winner, Logician.  At his first start this season, he won the Gp3 John Porter Stakes by a big margin & looks a very progressive type. Worth following in better company. Trained by William Haggas.

The LR King Charles II Stakes over 7 furlongs at Newmarket was won by Bellosa (3f Awtaad - Poole Belle, by Canford Cliffs). Last night Awtaad had another Listed stakeswinner in Primo Bacio. Awtaad (2013 Cape Cross - Asheerah, by Shamardal) was a top class miler as a 3yo, his successes including the Gp1 Irish 2000 Guineas.

Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 2:56am
The Gp1 Lockinge Stakes has been won by Palace Pier (4h Kingman - Beach Frolic, by Nayef).  The result was never in doubt but Lady Bowthorpe (5m Nathaniel - Maglietta Fina, by Verglas) ran a game second 1½ lengths behind. At her previous start in the Gp2 Dahlia Stakes, she defeated Queen Power who won another Gp2 by 8 lengths two days ago. Third in the Lockinge Stakes was Top Rank who finished 7 lengths behind the winner. Lope Y Fernandez failed to flatter.

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:01pm
Tough win by Palace Pier. For me the win of the day was  Al Aasy. Won with ease in the G3 Al Rayyan Stakes (2400m).

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:29pm

The LR Carnarvon Stakes over 6 furlongs at Newbury was won by Creative Force (3g Dubawi - Choose Me, by Choisir) who was impressive enough to suggest he can win in Group company.

I quite like the horse that probably should've rolled him back in April. Jumby. Won last night as well.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:08am
Hello,
in the case you are interested.

In Swoop (Adlerflug-Iota by Tiger Hill, German Derby winner 2020) has won , the "Prix d'Hedouville",
Gr. 3, 2400 meter, Longchamps (France) 13. May 21. In Swoop has an entry for the "Arc" in Oct. 2021.

regards, Ticino

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:21am
Hope he can make it to the Prix Ticino.

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:30am
Yesterday, in very wet conditions, the Gp1 Irish 2000 Guineas was won by Mac Swiney (3c  New Approach - Halla Na Saoire) with Poetic Flare 2nd & Van Gogh 3rd.

As a 2yo, Mac Swiney won the Gp1 Futurity Trophy Stakes.

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 1:57am
The Gp1 Tattersalls Gold Cup, over 10½ furlongs at the Curragh, has been won by Helvic Dream (4g Power - Rachevie, by Danehill Dancer) who scored by a nose from the favourite Broome with True Self 3rd.

Helvic Dream had been beaten by Broome in all 3 previous starts this season but today was travelling well behind that horse & when he raced up to join him, the pair had a great battle over the concluding stages resulting in a photo finish.

True Self, winner of the past two runnings of the VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes, ran a cracking race.

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 2:31am
Another very close finish in the Gp1 Irish 1000 Guineas with the fast finishing Empress Josephine (3f Galileo - Lillie Langtry, by Danehill Dancer) nosing out Joan Of Arc with No Speak Alexander 3rd. An Aidan O'Brien quinella.

Empress Josephine is a full sister to Minding who won 7 Group Ones. Their dam, Lillie Langtry, won Gp1 Coronation Stakes, Gp1 Matron Stakes, Debutante Stakes & Gp3 Fillies Sprint Stakes.

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:44am

Last night was the G1 Tattersalls Gold Cup at 2100m WFA at Currugh, 2020 Melbourne CuP runner-up Tiger Moth finished towards the tail of the field, was too dour for the 2100m. Duel VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes winner True Self ran on well for the 3rd. The winner and runner-up fought it out for a tight finish. Race is below:

https://youtu.be/BmuPoI-aGKQ" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/BmuPoI-aGKQ

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 25 May 2021 at 5:24am
The Gp1 Prix Saint-Alary for 3yo fillies over 10 furlongs was won by Incarville (3f Wootton Bassett - Ilhabela, by Azamour) who finished strongly to get up in a close finish from Cirona & Es La Vida.

The Gp2 Prix Hocquart for 3yo over 11 furlongs was won by Bubble Gift (3c Nathaniel - Bubble Back, by Grand Lodge).

The Gp2 Prix Vicomtesse Vigier over 15½ furlongs was won by Skazino (5g Kendargent - Skallet, by Muhaymin).

The Gp2 German 2000 Guineas was won by Mythico (3c Adlerflug - Madhyana, by Monsun) by a short head from Best Lightning, a son of Australian stallion Sidestep who also sired the 2019 Golden Slipper winner, Kiamichi.

Date Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:42am
The Gp1 Prix d'Ispahan has been won by Skalleti (6g Kendargent - Skallet, by Muhaymin) in a photo finish from Tilsit with My Oberon close up in third.

I was very pleased to see Skalleti win a Group One as he has had an impressive career. In 20 starts he has won 15 races including 4 Gp2s, 3 Gp3s & a Listed.

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:40pm
It is a big weekend for Group One racing in England & France. Friday sees the running of the Coronation Cup & Epsom Oaks. Saturday has the Epsom Derby while Sunday has the Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby).

Tonight, I'm particularly interested in the performance of Al Aasy in the Coronation Cup. He has been extremely impressive in two Gp3 victories this year but now strikes Gp1 company. I think he is good enough to score but feel the odds are a bit short considering he is taking on two proven Group One winners.

The Oaks looks wide open to me & I won't be betting unless it is a small each way investment on Saffron Beach at double figure odds.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:24am
Al Assay just found one a bit better. Close finish 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:53am
A win for Australian connections in the Class 2 Cazoo Handicap at Epsom. It was won easily by Blue Cup who is owned by Gerry Ryan, Michael Watt & Billy Slater & is out of an Australian mare, Hunter Forward.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:56am
Sorry, I misread the details of the owners. Billy Slater is no longer in the ownership, Roy David having taken his place.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 3:52am
Snowfall - dominant win in the Oaks

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:15am
The Gp1 Oaks was won by Snowfall (3f Deep Impact - Best In The World, by Galileo) who scored by a huge margin from Mystery Angel with Divinely third. I mentioned some details of her damline after her win in the Musidora.

The Gp3 Musidora Stakes over 10½ furlongs for 3yo fillies has been won by Snowfall (Deep Impact - Best In The World, by Galileo) who scored by 3¾ lengths from Noon Star with Teona ½ length further back in third place. As a result the Aidan O'Brien trained Snowfall has been installed as second favourite for the Oaks behind her stablemate Santa Barbara.

Snowfall's dam, Best In The World, is a Gp3 winning full-sister to the Arc heroine, Found. Their dam, Red Evie, was a top class miler with two Group Ones to her credit.

The Gp1 Coronation Cup was won by Pyledriver (4h Harbour Watch - La Pyle, by Le Havre) who won by a neck from Al Aasy with Japan a further 7 lengths back in third. Pyledriver took up the running halfway through the race, Al Aasy joined & headed him one furlong out but Pyledriver fought back doggedly to score. The track was much wetter than originally predicted.

As a 3yo Pyledriver ran some very nice races, winning the Gp2 King Edward VII Stakes & the Gp2 Great Voltigeur Stakes as well as running 3rd in the Gp1 St Leger. His dam is a half sister to Mont Ormel who won the Gp1 Grand Prix de Paris in 2016 & his 2nd dam is a half sister to dual Gp1 winner, Linngari.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:43am
The Gp1 Epsom Derby has been won by Adayar  (3c Frankel - Anna Salai, by Dubawi) who easily defeated Mojo Star with Hurricane Lane in 3rd place. The short priced favourite, Bolshoi Ballet, was extremely disappointing.

Adayar's dam, Anna Salai, was a talented filly who won the Gp3 Prix de la Grotte  & ran 2nd in the Gp1 Irish 1000 Guineas.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:47pm
Very nice young stayer last night, Dancing King. Has won 4 on the bounce and looks to have a nice future. 

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: Take2
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 4:54pm

The Gp1 Epsom Derby has been won by Adayar  (3c Frankel - Anna Salai, by Dubawi) who easily defeated Mojo Star with Hurricane Lane in 3rd place. The short priced favourite, Bolshoi Ballet, was extremely disappointing.

Adayar's dam, Anna Salai, was a talented filly who won the Gp3 Prix de la Grotte  & ran 2nd in the Gp1 Irish 1000 Guineas.

From the German "A" Family (7f) beginning with Andromeda, by Marco-Ellaline x Bend Or, some hidden gems at play here with Frankel's Urban Sea family affinities on display, as well as a myriad of others , none less than the 6th Dam Antwerpen who has duplications of KINCSEM top and bottom through Winnica. who boasts Kincsem as her 5th dam
ADAYAR   (IRE) b. C, 2018 {7-f} DP = 1-5-10-12-2 (30) DI = 0.58   CD = -0.30 - 5 Starts, 2 Wins, 2 Places, 0 Shows Career Earnings: £668,814 in GB
https://www.pedigreequery.com/frankel3" rel="nofollow - FRANKEL  (GB)
b. 2008
https://www.pedigreequery.com/galileo4" rel="nofollow - GALILEO  (IRE)
b. 1998 [CS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/sadlers+wells" rel="nofollow - SADLERS WELLS  (USA)
b. 1981 [CS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer" rel="nofollow - NORTHERN DANCER  (CAN)
b. 1961 [BC]
  https://www.pedigreequery.com/nearctic" rel="nofollow - NEARCTIC  (CAN)br. 1954
https://www.pedigreequery.com/natalma" rel="nofollow - NATALMA  (USA)b. 1957 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/fairy+bridge" rel="nofollow - FAIRY BRIDGE  (USA)*
b. 1975
https://www.pedigreequery.com/bold+reason" rel="nofollow - BOLD REASON  (USA)b. 1968
https://www.pedigreequery.com/special" rel="nofollow - SPECIAL  (USA)b. 1969 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/urban+sea" rel="nofollow - URBAN SEA  (USA)*
ch. 1989
https://www.pedigreequery.com/miswaki" rel="nofollow - MISWAKI  (USA)
ch. 1978
https://www.pedigreequery.com/mr+prospector" rel="nofollow - MR. PROSPECTOR  (USA) b. 1970 [BC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/hopespringseternal" rel="nofollow - HOPESPRINGSETERNAL  (USA)ch. 1971
https://www.pedigreequery.com/allegretta" rel="nofollow - ALLEGRETTA  (GB)*
ch. 1978
https://www.pedigreequery.com/lombard" rel="nofollow - LOMBARD  (GER)ch. 1967
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anatevka" rel="nofollow - ANATEVKA  (GER)ch. 1969
https://www.pedigreequery.com/kind2" rel="nofollow - KIND  (IRE)
b. 2001
https://www.pedigreequery.com/danehill" rel="nofollow - DANEHILL  (USA)
b. 1986
https://www.pedigreequery.com/danzig" rel="nofollow - DANZIG  (USA)
b. 1977 [IC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer" rel="nofollow - NORTHERN DANCER  (CAN) b. 1961 [BC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/pas+de+nom" rel="nofollow - PAS DE NOM  (USA)br. 1968
https://www.pedigreequery.com/razyana" rel="nofollow - RAZYANA  (USA)
b. 1981
https://www.pedigreequery.com/his+majesty" rel="nofollow - HIS MAJESTY  (USA)b. 1968 [C]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/spring+adieu" rel="nofollow - SPRING ADIEU  (CAN)b. 1974
https://www.pedigreequery.com/rainbow+lake" rel="nofollow - RAINBOW LAKE  (GB)
b. 1990
https://www.pedigreequery.com/rainbow+quest" rel="nofollow - RAINBOW QUEST  (USA)
b. 1981 [CS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/blushing+groom" rel="nofollow - BLUSHING GROOM  (FR)ch. 1974 [BC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/i+will+follow" rel="nofollow - I WILL FOLLOW  (USA)b. 1975
https://www.pedigreequery.com/rockfest" rel="nofollow - ROCKFEST  (USA)
ch. 1979
https://www.pedigreequery.com/stage+door+johnny" rel="nofollow - STAGE DOOR JOHNNY  (USA)ch. 1965 [SP]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/rock+garden2" rel="nofollow - ROCK GARDEN  (GB)ch. 1970
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anna+salai" rel="nofollow - ANNA SALAI  (USA)
b. 2007
https://www.pedigreequery.com/dubawi" rel="nofollow - DUBAWI  (IRE)
b. 2002 [IS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/dubai+millennium" rel="nofollow - DUBAI MILLENNIUM  (GB)
b. 1996
https://www.pedigreequery.com/seeking+the+gold" rel="nofollow - SEEKING THE GOLD  (USA)
dkb/br. 1985
https://www.pedigreequery.com/mr+prospector" rel="nofollow - MR. PROSPECTOR  (USA) b. 1970 [BC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/con+game" rel="nofollow - CON GAME  (USA)dkb/br. 1974 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/colorado+dancer" rel="nofollow - COLORADO DANCER  (IRE)
dkb/br. 1986
https://www.pedigreequery.com/shareef+dancer" rel="nofollow - SHAREEF DANCER  (USA)b. 1980
https://www.pedigreequery.com/fall+aspen" rel="nofollow - FALL ASPEN  (USA)ch. 1976 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/zomaradah" rel="nofollow - ZOMARADAH  (GB)
br. 1995
https://www.pedigreequery.com/deploy2" rel="nofollow - DEPLOY  (GB)
b. 1987
https://www.pedigreequery.com/shirley+heights" rel="nofollow - SHIRLEY HEIGHTS  (GB)b. 1975 [CP]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/slightly+dangerous" rel="nofollow - SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS  (USA)b. 1979 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/jawaher" rel="nofollow - JAWAHER  (IRE)
b. 1989
https://www.pedigreequery.com/dancing+brave" rel="nofollow - DANCING BRAVE  (USA)b. 1983
https://www.pedigreequery.com/high+tern" rel="nofollow - HIGH TERN  (IRE)gr. 1982
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anna+palariva" rel="nofollow - ANNA PALARIVA  (IRE)
ch. 1995
https://www.pedigreequery.com/caerleon2" rel="nofollow - CAERLEON  (USA)
b. 1980
https://www.pedigreequery.com/nijinsky2" rel="nofollow - NIJINSKY  (CAN)
b. 1967 [CS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer" rel="nofollow - NORTHERN DANCER  (CAN) b. 1961 [BC]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/flaming+page" rel="nofollow - FLAMING PAGE  (CAN)b. 1959 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/foreseer" rel="nofollow - FORESEER  (USA)
br. 1969
https://www.pedigreequery.com/round+table" rel="nofollow - ROUND TABLE  (USA)dkb/br. 1954 [S]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/regal+gleam" rel="nofollow - REGAL GLEAM  (USA)br. 1964 *
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anna+of+saxony" rel="nofollow - ANNA OF SAXONY  (GB)
ch. 1989
https://www.pedigreequery.com/ela-mana-mou" rel="nofollow - ELA-MANA-MOU  (IRE)
b. 1976

https://www.pedigreequery.com/pitcairn" rel="nofollow - PITCAIRN  (IRE)dkb/br. 1971
https://www.pedigreequery.com/rose+bertin" rel="nofollow - ROSE BERTIN  (GB)ch. 1970
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anna+matrushka" rel="nofollow - ANNA MATRUSHKA  (GB)
ch. 1984
https://www.pedigreequery.com/mill+reef" rel="nofollow - MILL REEF  (USA)b. 1968 [CS]
https://www.pedigreequery.com/anna+paola" rel="nofollow - ANNA PAOLA  (GER)ch. 1978

-------------
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:21pm
More damline details for Adayar:-

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=EPS&cy=ENG&rd=06/05/2021&rn=5&de=D%20%20&ref=10455726" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=EPS&cy=ENG&rd=06/05/2021&rn=5&de=D%20%20&ref=10455726

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:24pm
Thanks again GA.  Keep 'em coming. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 2:10am
It is a second French Classic victory for the favourite, St Mark's Basilica (3c Siyouni - Cabaret, by Galileo), who has just won the Gp1 Prix du Jockey Club from Sealiway & Millebosc.

St Mark's Basilica's damline details:-
http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=LCH&cy=FR&rd=05/16/2021&rn=427&de=D%20%20&ref=10547801" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=LCH&cy=FR&rd=05/16/2021&rn=427&de=D%20%20&ref=10547801

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:03am
The Gp3 Ballycorus Stakes at Leopardstown over 7 furlongs has been won by Real Appeal (4g Sidestep - Runaway Sparkle, by Green Desert). As a 2yo, Real Appeal won LR Prix la Fleche in France.

The Australian stallion, Sidestep (Exceed And Excel - Dextrous, by Quest For Fame) has produced a few stakes performers from the crops he sired over there.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:04pm
Sidestep is no longer with us, is he ?  Died not long ago ? Was at Aquis, Qld ?   Is that the one ? 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:02pm
NOEmbarrassed  Silly me.   Got my stallions mixed up . Wacko
Cant keep up with all these new kids on the block.  Cry
It came to me in the shower I was talking rubbish.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:22am
Hello,
in the case you are interested.

Last year German Derby winner "In Swoop" (by Adlerflug) won the "Grand Prix de Chantilly", Gr. 2,
2200 meter in France last Sunday

best regards, Ticino.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:33am
Very good galloper.

And unfortunate that his sire Adlerflug died prematurely last year.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
Shake Him Up goes around at Down Royal in a Maiden Hurdle at 11.20pm AEST. He has been backed from 100/1 into Even Money.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/100-1-into-even-money-and-8-1-into-4-7-odds-crash-on-mullins-trained-runners/496313" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/100-1-into-even-money-and-8-1-into-4-7-odds-crash-on-mullins-trained-runners/496313

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 2:20am

I've been waiting for Creative Force to race again & now he has just won the Gp3 Jersey Stakes at Royal Ascot.
Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 11:22pm
Hello,
in the case if you are interested, two Top German fillies will start today, see below
Amazing Grace (Protectionist - Amabelle by Danehill Dancer) Fam. 7-f Anna Paola, Helmet
5x5 ND, 4x5x5 Sadlers Wells/Nureyev 3/4 relatives

Noble Heidi (FR)(Intello - Noble Pensee by Orpen) Fam. 8-b Tactique
4x4 Danzig, 4x5x5x5 ND, 5x5 Natalma

in the "Prix de Diane" (French Qaks), 2100 meter, Gr. 1, Chantilly (France), Sunday 20.06.21

regards, Ticino

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 2:24am
The Gp1 Prix de Diane has been won by the O'Brien trained Joan Of Arc (3f  Galileo - You'resothrilling, by Storm Cat) from Philomene with Burgarita 3rd. The runner-up was very unlucky. She didn't clear running until too late & then flashed home.

The winner, Joan Of Arc, is a full sister to outstanding gallopers such as Gleneagles, Marvellous, Happily, Taj Mahal & Vatican City. Their dam, You'resothrilling won in Gp2 & Gp3 company & was a sister to Giant's Causeway.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:55am
The Irish Derby will be held tonight at the Curragh. The favourite is High Definition who I had intended backing in the Epsom Derby. However, connections decided to bypass that race so I will stick with him in this. Epsom Derby minor placegetters, Hurricane Lane & Mojo Lane, are next in the betting followed by Lone Eagle, Mac Swiney & Wordsworth.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:06pm
Tonight's renewal of the Irish Derby sees a field of 11 runners take on the 12f trip at The Curragh
Dual group One winner Mac Swiney or Earlswood are my pics to win from Fernando Vichi and High Definition

-------------
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:31pm
You will not like this Take2, I have backed Earlswood.

I hope you are a good judge. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 1:54am
The 2019 St Leger winner, Logician, appears to be a light of former days. He just went around as an odds on favourite in the Listed Fred Archer Stakes over 12 furlongs at Newmarket & could only finish 2nd to Outbox (6g  Frankel - Emirates Queen, by Street Cry). I guess it is not terrible form but well below the standard he set in that St Leger victory.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 2:56am
The Gp1 Irish Derby has been won by Hurricane Lane (3c  Frankel - Gale Force, by Shirocco) narrowly defeating Lone Eagle with Wordsworth third.

Damline details of Hurricane Lane. He's related to G1 winners Harzand & Seal Of Approval:-

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=05/13/2021&rn=4&de=D%20%20&ref=10462693" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=05/13/2021&rn=4&de=D%20%20&ref=10462693

A steward's inquiry has just been announced!

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:09am
Protest dismissed!

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:37am
The Gp3 International Stakes over 10 furlongs at the Curragh has been won by Cadillac (3c  Lope de Vega - Seas Of Wells, by Dansili) defeating Dawn Patrol & True Self.

Dawn Patrol  (4g  Galileo - Gwynn, by Darshaan) flew home & was outbobbed at the finish. Last year, he ran 3rd in the Irish Derby & won the Gp3 Loughbrown Stakes over 2 miles. His owner is Lloyd Williams. I just checked Sportsbet's Melbourne Cup market but he is not there at the moment.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:51am
Dawn Patrol is $34 for the Melbourne Cup with http://www.tab.com.au" rel="nofollow - www.tab.com.au

A bit short for me at this stage but I am keeping an eye on him.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 1:00pm
International Stakes

http://twitter.com/i/status/1408809134036762625" rel="nofollow - http://twitter.com/i/status/1408809134036762625

Irish Derby

http://twitter.com/i/status/1408799724547809288" rel="nofollow - http://twitter.com/i/status/1408799724547809288

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
How on earth Mac Swiney stayed on all fours after being cannoned into is the big question in the Irish Derby remarkable race Frankie looked like it was his only to get blindsided by the winner

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:03pm

The Gp3 International Stakes over 10 furlongs at the Curragh has been won by Cadillac (3c  Lope de Vega - Seas Of Wells, by Dansili) defeating Dawn Patrol & True Self.

Dawn Patrol  (4g  Galileo - Gwynn, by Darshaan) flew home & was outbobbed at the finish. Last year, he ran 3rd in the Irish Derby & won the Gp3 Loughbrown Stakes over 2 miles. His owner is Lloyd Williams. I just checked Sportsbet's Melbourne Cup market but he is not there at the moment.

Lloyd's son has said his horses will not be coming down due to the protocols.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Take2 Take2 wrote:

How on earth Mac Swiney stayed on all fours after being cannoned into is the big question in the Irish Derby remarkable race Frankie looked like it was his only to get blindsided by the winner

Earlswood as well. He should have at least finished 3rd. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:16pm
Anyone know if Tiger Moth had a run ? my interest is sadly skewered of what our M.C. can do to somewhat immature. but very promising 3y/o no matter where they originate from.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Only 1 run since the cup, 23rd May Gold Cup. Last btn 18, jockey said colt gurgled badly from the one furlong marker through to the finish and pull up area

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Date (days since)Scheduled TimeCourseDistanceGoingTitleLink
27 Jul 2115:35Goodwood2mAl Shaqab Goodwood Cup Stakes (Group 1) (British Champions Series) (Class 1) (3YO plus) https://t.attheraces.com/racecard/Goodwood/27-July-2021/1535" rel="nofollow - View Racecard
12 Sep 2116:35Curragh1m 6fComer Group International Irish St. Leger (Group 1) (3YO plus) https://t.attheraces.com/racecard/Curragh/12-September-2021/1635" rel="nofollow - View Racecard

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:08am
The Gp1 Pretty Polly Stakes for fillies & mares over 10 furlongs at the Curragh has been won by Thundering Nights (4m  Night Of Thunder - Cape Castle, by Cape Cross) defeating Santa Barbara & Cayenne Pepper.

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=CUR&cy=IRE&rd=08/28/2020&rn=1510&de=D%20%20&ref=10333559" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=CUR&cy=IRE&rd=08/28/2020&rn=1510&de=D%20%20&ref=10333559

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:30am
The Gp2 Curragh Cup over 14 furlongs has been won by Amhran Na Bhfiann  (4h  Galileo - Alluring Park, by Green Desert) who led all the way defeating Pondus by a big margin. Pondus is the Lloyd Williams owned horse who ran 2nd in both the Bendigo Cup & VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes last spring.

Last year, Amhran Na Bhfiann ran third in the Epsom Derby. He is a brother to Was who won the Oaks in 2012.

Amhran na bhFiann is Ireland's national anthem.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 4:14pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 4:33pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
Pity Amhran na bhFiann, never did it last start, what a lovely win, Irish hearts would've been swellin Beer

Not Oirish but i love Great Anthems

https://youtu.be/QV7lGmgFovM

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 9:18pm
Only 4 potential horses for the Coral-Eclipse. The 6th best race in the World. That's disgraceful. 

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: Foxseal
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Only 4 potential horses for the Coral-Eclipse. The 6th best race in the World. That's disgraceful. 
Bit harsh there TJM.  Quantity doesn’t always equal quality.

Looks like an awesome race - Mishriff vs St Mark’s Basilica vs Adeyybb.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 1:45pm
Its a quality race with depth. Something that Australian racing lacks at 2000m+

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 1:56pm
No it isn't. 3 good horses doesn't mean depth. There is quality horses in the race yes, it isn't a quality race.

Love, Snowfall, Lord North (throat issue), Armory, Japan, Mohaafeth all pulled out. That would have been a quality race.

It's a 2 horse race and will finish that way imo.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:13pm
Agree with TJ.

Has potential to turn into a walk but hopefully with addeybb they'll try and make it a true gallop.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

No it isn't. 3 good horses doesn't mean depth. There is quality horses in the race yes, it isn't a quality race.

Love, Snowfall, Lord North (throat issue), Armory, Japan, Mohaafeth all pulled out. That would have been a quality race.

It's a 2 horse race and will finish that way imo.

You do not give Addeybb a chance ? 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 6:39pm
He's not the one I left out LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Agree with TJ.  Has potential to turn into a walk but hopefully with addeybb they'll try and make it a true gallop.  

Three outstanding judges think alike on both counts.  Tongue

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 6:49pm
LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 2:41am
Nice win by St Mark's Brasilia in the G1 Coral Eclipse Stakes. Addeybb ran 2nd and Mishriff ran 3rd. That's Aiden O'Brien's first Coral Eclipse Stakes since So You Think in 2011.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 2:43am
Adeyybb 2nd and Mishriff 3rd.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 2:12am
The Gp1 Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud has been won by Broome  (5h  Australia - Sweepstake, by Acclamation) who led all the way to defeat Ebaiyra & Gold Trip.

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=CUR&cy=IRE&rd=04/17/2021&rn=1510&de=D%20%20&ref=10140137" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=CUR&cy=IRE&rd=04/17/2021&rn=1510&de=D%20%20&ref=10140137

The Gp1 Deutsches Derby has been won by Sisfahan (3c Isfahan - Kendalee, by Kendargent) defeating Alter Adler.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 4:41am
The Gp1 Falmouth Stakes over a mile at Newmarket for fillies & mares has been won by Snow Lantern (3f  Frankel - Sky Lantern, by Red Clubs) defeating Mother Earth & Alcohol Free.

Snow Lantern's dam, Sky Lantern, won 4 Group Ones - Moyglare Stud Stakes, One Thousand Guineas, Coronation Stakes & Sun Chariot Stakes.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 4:32am
The Gp1 July Cup over 6 furlongs at Newmarket has been won by Starman (4h  Dutch Art - Northern Star, by Montjeu) defeating Dragon Symbol & Oxted.

Starman has now had 6 starts for 5 wins. His only previous run this season was a win in the Gp2 Duke Of York Stakes. These were his damline details at the time.

http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=05/12/2021&rn=3&de=D%20%20&ref=10302378" rel="nofollow - http://www.equineline.com/tdn/pedigree.cfm?tk=YOR&cy=ENG&rd=05/12/2021&rn=3&de=D%20%20&ref=10302378

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 2:27am
The Gp1 Prix Jean Prat for 3yo Colts & Fillies over 7 furlongs at Deauville has been won by Laws Of Indices  (3c Power - Sampers, by Exceed And Excel) defeating Thunder Moon & Midtown.

As a 2yo Laws Of Indices won the Gp2 Railway Stakes at the Curragh.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 8:53pm
Another stakeswinner with an Australian influence was Ocean (3g Exosphere - Tevara, by Compton Place) who won the Gp3 Prix de Ris-Orangis over 6 furlongs at Deauville.

I think he is Exosphere's 3rd stakeswinner after Thermosphere & Exoboom.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:07pm
Really appreciate your updates GA.  If I haven't already said that before.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net